Chapter 16 - Dreams

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Sun young were waiting outside the room while the doctors and nurses were in kyungsoo’s room. Sun young was hugging jongin’s shoulder and patting his back while jongin kept staring at the door. 

“ What happened inside jongin?” Sun young asked worriedly. Jongin thoughts were cut off by his mother’s soft voice , he averted his gaze from the door and looked to his side and said “ I don’t know , I was explaining the events in the picture when he suddenly started crying”.

“ Were he hurt anywhere ?” Sun young asked while patting jongin’s back gently. 

Jongin looked at her and shook his head. The door to kyungsoo’s room were opened and a smiling Amber were telling them to come inside. Jongin stood up immediately and run inside the room and went to kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was in deep sleep , his cheeks were covered in dried tears and a frown shown in his face. Jongin reached for kyungsoo’s hand and stared at him. 

“ What happened to him Dr.Jang?” Sun young asked worriedly. Dr.Jang let out a sighed and averted his eyes from the two boys and looked at Sun young and said “ it seems that he had a break down but we don’t know why” he rubbed his forehead. Sun young looked at the sleeping boy and back at the doctor and said “Thank you Dr.Jang for taking care our kyungsoo.” Dr.Jang smiled tiredly and bowed and left the room with amber.

Sun young sat next her son and hold both of their hands and whispered “ Don’t worry jongin , kyungsoo will be fine , we are here for him” Sun young raised her head and looked at kyungsoo and felt her chest tightened and she felt suffocated. She stood up and excused herself by telling jongin that she need to call his father. Once she step out of the room , she went to the nearest chair and sat down and cried , her tears were falling down her cheeks like waterfall and she felt a strong headache. Dr.Park saw her and run to her.

“ Mrs.Kim are you okay?” Dr.park asked.Sun young swallowed her tears and wiped them away with the back of her hand and said “ I’m fine” , she stood in shaky legs , and a wave of dizziness hit her body and she collapse but Dr.Park caught her before she hit the ground. 

 

Sun Young opened her eye and saw herself in a familiar park. She looked around and saw the back of a 2 year old jongin and the back of a boy playing with him in the sand box. Jongin came running to her with a big smile in his face and said cutely “ Mom ,come look we made a castle”. Sun Young looked at the back of the other boy who’s looking after the castle and said “ Who is he nini?”. Jongin looked at her confused and said “ he’s auntie Jinri’s baby mom ,did  you forget” and he tugged her sleeves and walked toward his friend while Sun young followed him. When they arrived , the boy stood up and turn his face to look at Sun young with a heart shape smile but a strong light hit her eyes and she covered them quickly before blackness surrounded her vision. 

 

Sun Young opened her eyes and saw the back of jongin’s back and it look like he was talking with doctor. She hold her head and felt that the pain subside and let out a soft whimper , Jongin turned his face when he heard his mom voice and walked fast to her. Sun young smiled and touch jongin’s face wiping his tears away and she knew the questions that screamed from jongin’s eye so she said in soft voice “ Nini , I’m fine look at me. I’m okay , I was just exhausted” Jongin looked at her with warm smile in his face and nodded his head and kissed both of her hand and sat next to her. Sun young looked at him confused and said “ Why are you sitting here , who’s with kyungsoo?” she felt her heart beat fasten at the said name. Jongin smiled and said “ I’m not leaving you mom and kyungsoo is asleep and probably will sleep till tomorrow. Plus I’m staying here until my dad come” he finished with a wink. Sun young opened her eyes wide and with pink cheeks she said “ What?”. Jongin touch her hand gently and said “ When you collapse mom , I called dad and told him. He told me to never leave your side until he come. He cancelled his meetings and he’s coming back” and winked again. Sun young let out a soft laugh and punch jongin’s shoulder lightly and said “ Nini you didn’t have to tell your father . I’m perfectly fine”. Jongin smiled at her and stood up and kissed her forehead , that’s when the door to the room was opened and a soft voice were calling “ Sun young”. Jongin let out a giggle and said to Sun young “ I think it’s time to visit Soo.” , they both giggle cutely and jongin turned to his father and hugged him and told him everything is alright. Jongin left the room leaving his parent inside and he headed toward kyungsoo’s room.

 

-

 

 

Kyungsoo saw himself sitting in the small living room in his grandmother’s house. His grandmother came out of their shared room holding a picture on her hand. She sat next to kyungsoo and hugged him around his shoulder. Kyungsoo placed his head on her shoulder and let out a long sigh. They stayed seated like this for 5 minutes when Kyungsoo’s grandmother said “ I missed you boy.” Kyungsoo removed his head from her shoulder and looked at her face while she tried to wipe her tears away. He reached his hand to her face and wiped the remaining tears and smiled warmly to her and said softly “ I missed you grandma ,very much”. She looked at him and smiled back and gave him the picture , Kyungsoo took the picture gently and froze looking at the picture in front of him. The picture was taken when he was four years old with another kid who looked younger than him , they were playing and laughing together in his grandmother’s house. The picture wasn’t clear so he couldn’t recognize the other kid with him , but he felt familiar with the tanned baby skin and the crescent eyes with big smile and plump lips. Kyungsoo gulped slowly and looked up at his grandmother and as if she knew what he was going to ask , she said “ He’s your friend kyungsoo, his mother was your mother best friend since they were 10 years old. You two were always together. After this picture were taken , they travel abroad and they kept in touch for 2 years but after that we haven’t heard from them” she ended her sentence sadly. Kyungsoo looked at the picture again and with his fingertips he trace the outline of the younger baby in the picture and said softly “ Grandma , why I can’t remember them , why I can’t remember their names” , this time it was kyungsoo turn to cry. His grandmother hugged him and said softly to him “ Kyungsoo , they are here” and she touched his head gently and continue “ Open your heart kyungsoo and you will remember. They are close to you” Kyungsoo raised his head and looked confused at his grandmother and said “ Why do you keep saying that , why don’t you tell me who are they ?” .Kyungsoo’s grandmother touch kyungsoo’s cheeks with both her hands and said softly “ You need to remember kyungsoo , I can’t tell you. “ she lifted her right hand and placed it in kyungsoo’s head and said “ they are here , you buried them here.” kyungsoo looked at her with frown , she smiled and placed her hand again in his cheeks and kissed him between his eyebrows and kyungsoo closed his eyes when he opened them , he was greeted with darkness. 

 

Jongin entered kyungsoo’s room and saw him laying on bed thrashing and whimpering loudly , he bolted inside quickly crossing the few feet that separated them.He stood next to kyungsoo  and said softly “ Soo” and shake him gently “ Soo , wake up”. Kyungsoo’s loud whimpered dropped off, replaced by soft whimpers and opened his eyes slowly and closed them whispering “Jongin?”. Jongin hummed and adjust the bed in a sitting position , he touched kyungsoo’s cheek and said “ Soo , wake up. You are not there anymore. open your eyes”. After few moments, kyungsoo’s eyes fluttered open , his frantic breathing slowed and he leaned in jongin’s touch , jongin sat on the edge of the bed and placed kyungsoo’s head against his shoulders and put an arm around kyungsoo’s shoulder and ran a hand over his soft hair. Jongin hummed a lullaby and played with kyungsoo’s hair and he asked softly “ Were you having a bad dream?” , Kyungsoo closed his eyes trying to remember his dream but nothing came into his mind. He shook his head lightly and buried his head in jongin warm chest and inhaled his scent which calmed his heart beat and a peacefulness washed over his body. He whispered softly to jongin “ What happened to me ?” Jongin buried his nose in kyungsoo’s hair and kissed it and said gently “ We were looking at my pictures when I was young but you suddenly start to cry and pass out”. Kyungsoo listen to jongin’s heart beat and blurted out softly “ Jongin , don’t leave me please. I feel safe with you. Stay with me.” Jongin’s heart skipped a beat listening to the pleading voice and hugged him closer and said gently “ I’m here , I have always been here soo” Kyungsoo hummed “always” before he drifted to dreamland followed by jongin.

 

-

 

Jongin’s father touched Sun young’s cheek and she leaned on him and he asked her softly “ What happened to you my dear?” Sun young closed her eyes and her mind took her before she fainted. She remember the pain that shoot through her head and she whimper softly, Jongin’s father leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on her soft lips and her eyes fluttered open and locked gaze with her husband .He smiled to her and leaned closer to hug her and said “ Don’t worry , you don’t have to tell me now. Take your time.” Sun young cried silently while her husband kept whispering words of comfort. After calming down , Sun young looked at Jongin’s father and blurted out “ What happened to Do Jinri ?” Jongin’s eyes went wide and he was taken aback by the question. He looked at her pleading eyes and swallowed hard , he cleared his throat and said calmly “ She died in a car accident with her husband”, Sun young eyes doubled in size looking at her husband and processing the information that came out of his mouth , she closed her eyes and images of her best friend came into her mind , memories from childhood came crashing into her mind. Sun young hold her head and whimpered loudly and covered to stop her loud whimpers. Jongin’s father hugged her tightly and she burst out crying loudly and screamed “ omg “ . She can remember her friend , Do Jinri , memories of their first meet up , memories of first love and broken hearts , memories of their wedding. She opened her eyes and blurted out “ Her kid , where is her kid , you said she had kid , what happened to him , where is he now?” she asked with broken voice , holding her husband weakly.Jongin’s father hold her and patted her head gently while his mind took him back 5 year ago.

 

 

When the Kims family came back from America. Jongin’s father went to Do Jinri mother’s house the second day. He knocked on the broken door but no one answered  , he kept knocking until an old women walked by and he asked her about the household of the house. The old women nodded her head sadly and let out a loud sighed and said “ The owner of this house died 4 years ago , and the boy that used to live with her I heard he followed her and died from hunger and sickness”. The old lady took a look at the house and said “ poor boy , died at a very young age” and walked away sighing loudly. Jongin’s father was still standing and staring basically on nothing, he fall down to his knee and start crying. Jongin’s father wiped his tears and walked away and not noticing the petite boy with white skin , huge eyes and heart shape lips opening the broken door and staring at his back. 

 

“ Where is he?” Sun young repeated while he looked at her and with shaky voice he said “ He’s in better place Sun young believe me” tears start gathering in the corner of his eyes, sun young stopped crying and asked her husband with broken voice “ What do you mean he’s in better place?”. Jongin’s father looked at her and gulped slowly and was about to speak when Sun young screams stopped him. Sun young looked at him not believing what he was about to say and said “ No no no no” and a strong pain shoot through her head that made her vision blurry and dark dots danced in front of her before darkness swallowed her vision and Jongin’s father screamed “ SUN YOUNG”.

 

-

 

Jongin opened his eyes slowly and saw kyungsoo’s head placed on his chest , he smiled listening to the soft snores coming out of the cute boy. He lifted kyungsoo’s head and placed his head on the pillow and adjust the bed in sleeping position. Jongin stood up and covered kyungsoo’s body with the heavy and warm blanket and kissed his forehead and walked out of the room closing the door gently. He wanted see how is his mother doing , so he walked to her room and opened the door slowly but stopped when he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter