Twenty-One

Heartwarming Photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The whispering wind that kept the room tranquil crumbled in a mere matter of seconds after an uninvited visitor slammed the door open and persistently barged in.

     Momo snapped her head towards the visitor. Her face scrunched up, expressing a look of disbelief.

     "What the hell? Do you even know how to knock?" she hissed.

     "I figured it might take a while before you even open the door," Yuta sighs. He closed the door behind and advanced to the seat in front of Momo's desk. "Anyways, I have to inform you something regarding the orientation later."

    Momo slightly raised her from the swivel chair, pulling it a little towards the desk. Once she sat down, she slouched and began swaying from side to side with her legs in control.

     Her lips puckered as she lays her head on the headrest. "What is it?"

     Yuta fished out a laptop from his shoulder bag. Momo didn't bother pestering about it. Everything seemed casual at this point.

     His fingers danced swiftly, producing continuous sounds of key pressing. He opened a PowerPoint presentation from his work folder and soon sat patiently for a few seconds to wait for the presentation to load.

     Once the all the contents have been displayed, he grasped the monitor and the bottom of the laptop to rotate the face to Momo's direction. He points his finger to the screen from behind, indicating the current slide for Momo to refer. "I suggest we should include one of your performance videos right here. One video isn't enough."

     Momo straightened her back. "Why me? Why not include one of yours?"

     "I'll have to introduce you to the audience once the exhibition ends. Your presence is well valued, you see. I can't just let the co-founder stand by and watch the orientation unfold without any anticipated appearances."

     The female leaned forward, eyes enlarged to the proposal explained before her. "What?! I can't do that! I called you to present at my place. What's the point if I'll show up anyway?"

     "Self-explanatory," Yuta sighs, "This segment is essential for business promotions. I apologize, but you need to show yourself whether you like it or not. I already have the set prepared."

     Momo scoffed. She leaned back and crossed her arms. This whole ordeal is redundant to the point where in she'd brush it off as a joke due to the uncanny circumstances.

     "Are you kidding me? You don't have to include that. Just simply introduce the company and ask the students to partake in the auditions. It's that easy, Nakamoto-kun," she sneered.

     Yuta raised an eyebrow. Much to his dismay, Momo is a persistent performer with the help of a stubborn attitude. It's unbelievable how she grew to be such an admired dancer.

     He groaned, "You never told me the reason behind why you don't want to show yourself. If it's an understandable reason, I can comply. If not, then everything else will obey my will."

     "I'm not good with audiences."

     "You always dance on large platforms with over thousands of spectators right below you. That's impossible."

     "They're Japanese. These are Korean students we're talking about," she retorts.

     "You went to high school here in South Korea. What's the difference?"

     "To dance and to study are two different things."

     "What kind of nonsense are you blabbering about?" It was Yuta's turn to scoff. "You're not going to dance. You just have to introduce yourself. Audience fear is an unacceptable reason."

    Momo rolled her eyes in frustration. She can never escape with the lies she had in mind.

     "I just... don't want to present."

     "What are you? Twelve?"

     "Go off," Momo growled. She felt Yuta's unnecessary annoyance getting on her nerves.

     The laptop was returned to Yuta's direction. His eyes indicated boredom the whole time. Not to mention, the reason behind it all was nothing but useless fear that she brought upon herself. This aspect made the situation harder.

     Yuta pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. "Look, this is really necessary for an engaging promotion. All you have to do is introduce yourself and add some information you'd wanna add and that's it. I can end the orientation myself if you're that desperate to hide."

     Momo bit her lip. She was contemplating.

     "Okay," she hums. "I'll go."

     The male dancer raised his head to Momo's answer. He asks, "You sure?"

     Momo nods.

     "Finally!"

     The latter rolled her eyes and displayed a look of disbelief. She can't believe she even said yes.

     Hope she's not too disappointed to see me.
 

     _____
    

     "What the ."

     Were the first words that slipped Chaeyoung's mouth.

    "What the actual ."

     And there she goes again.

     Good afternoon. I am Hirai Momo, co-founder of Animated Motion Dance Company.

     Huh?

     No, wait—

     Jeongyeon-unnie is going to behead me, oh my god.

     She stared in utter bewilderment. The speaker was replaced by a woman, who continued the orientation casually.

     Chaeyoung didn't dare to rotate her head. Even a single inch. A centimeter. A millimeter.

     She wouldn't dare.

     Not when the consequence she despised with a passion appeared right before her eyes. Jeongyeon will eventually know. Dahyun eventually knew.

     "Animated Motion Dance Company is found by my sister, Hirai Hana, and I, who decided to pursue our passion for dancing. That's why we cooperated to build a future where we can spend our days expressing ourselves without any limitations."

     Momo-unnie, wait—

     Chaeyoung couldn't hold it anymore.

     She turned, facing Dahyun's side profile.

     The younger assumed a bewildered reaction. A gasp, jaw-drop, eye enlargement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter