Fourteen

Heartwarming Photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Momo? What do you mean Momo is here?"

     Jeongyeon crossed her arms. Chaeyoung's recent statement sounds false and Jeongyeon is implausible to convince that easily.

     "I'm telling you, unnie. Go outside and check yourself. I swear she's that one of a hell Hirai Momo!"

     "Chaeyoung, if Momo returned, she should have informed any one of us. Returning without our acknowledgment is out of her league," she chided.

     "I know that but you should listen to me! She's right outside! I swear!"

     "How could you say so?"

     "For God's sake, I saw her! With my own two eyes!"

     Jeongyeon leaned against the sink. Her eyebrows furrowed in frustration while her two hands clutched the iron edge. She didn't want to take this claim seriously, or maybe things sound too ridiculous to even with Jeongyeon's objections.

     Not until Chaeyoung abruptly began pulling Jeongyeon's arm, ignoring the late response from the latter, "Chaeyoung, what are you-"

     Unfortunately, Jeongyeon's strength was nothing compared to Chaeyoung's unbelievable muscle power. The waitress reigns victorious as the powerless barista crashes out the kitchen door.

     Chaeyoung finally released Jeongyeon from the unnerving pull, "Look! I told you- huh?"

     The particular being Chaeyoung was pertaining to is nowhere be found. Only. Mina's silent figure was evident until she shifts her gaze after hearing Chaeyoung's exclamations.

     On the other hand, Jeongyeon pants heavily while grasping the corner of the counter's structure. Her opposite hand placed on her knees. Her breathing hitched after attempting to retrieve lost air, "Why...would you..." another exhale, "do that?" She used her left hand to cover the pain stinging from her right wrist where she felt Chaeyoung's strong grip.

     "What happened to you all of a sudden? We just barged out the kitchen. You really need to work out, unnie," Chaeyoung remarked.

     Once Jeongyeon recovered, she raised her torso to glare at the questioning waitress. She paused to share a glance at the same sight Chaeyoung pointed. The only figure her eyes laid on was Mina's, whom Jeongyeon assumed to be mistaken by the younger.

     Jeongyeon cuffed Chaeyoung by the ear. Chaeyoung winced in pain while she covers the spot and gives Jeongyeon a glare in return. "Where's Momo, huh? If you're referring to her then you only humiliated yourself because she's not Momo!" Jeongyeon alluded to Mina who spectated in incertitude. She did not bother approaching them and ask what's going on for the atmosphere surrounding the two scared Mina.

     Chaeyoung argued, "That's because she's with Momo! You know, why not ask her ourselves to confirm it? If she named the person who was with her Hirai Momo, then no doubt, Momo-unnie is and certainly here."

     The older groaned. Chaeyoung isn't giving up at all. Jeongyeon is fully convinced that the girl named Hirai Momo is nowhere near their surroundings. She herself has evidence to why she believes that fact and those pieces of evidence are affirmed and admitted.

     Jeongyeon positioned her arms on her hips and sighed, "Fine. But we need to make this quick. If we mistook her for being with Momo, then you and I have to apologize immediately. Especially you. Accusing someone else with someone who you thought they are is embarrassing. Now, just to end this nonsense, let's go and confirm it. If Momo really is here, then I would have to damn her for not letting us know that she returned."

     "For your information, I know who that girl is. Her name is Mina. It's impossible for me to mistake her for Momo-unnie. Sure Momo-unnie may be pretty and all but she looks nothing compared to Mina-unnie's looks," Chaeyoung boasted.

     Jeongyeon replied, "Mina-unnie? Since when did you meet a new friend all of a sudden? Mind-blowing, Chaeyoung."

     Chaeyoung rolled her eyes in annoyance. Her consciousness told her to attack the mocking Jeongyeon, but she has enough self-control to actually stop herself. She replied, "Pft. As if Dahyun-unnie didn't meet someone new either. Whatever, let's just do this already."

     Chaeyoung went ahead with Jeongyeon following behind while scratching her head. Jeongyeon was hesitant since she did not prepare herself for the consequences. A foreboding of humiliation or a hope for confirmation, both are extremely bad consequences.

     "Ah, Mina-unnie. I'm sorry for ignoring you a while ago. That was really rude of me," Chaeyoung apologized and bowed slightly. Mina's eyes were fixed at the two since she heard the deafening bang! of the door against the frame. Thank goodness at least only six people occupied the area. Her assumption was that something happened back at the kitchen so Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung ended up arguing from the distance.

     "N-no, it's okay. I guess something must have caught up and you had to attend to it first."

     Jeongyeon stood beside Chaeyoung and blinked repeatedly. She had finally come in terms of an agreement with Chaeyoung's statement from earlier—Mina's looks are incomparable. And seeing her up close is much more intimidating than Jeongyeon thought it would be.

     "We're good now. I'll take your orders in a bit if that's okay. I'm really sorry for making you wait too long but I just want to ask you a question before we head back."

     "Sure. What is it?"

     Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon shared a glance before returning their gazes back to Mina. The younger cleared and began, "We were wondering about your friend. So, uh, is it okay to ask for her name?"

     Mina tilted her head sidewards. Softly, she asked, "My friend?"

     Both Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon nodded. Jeongyeon felt a little cold, so she used her right hand to hold and her left arm. Chaeyoung thought she looks nervous from the outside since this is the part where they can finally end the curiosity dwelling inside.

     "Oh. Well her name is—"

     Just as Mina was about to finish her sentence, another voice interjected,

     "Hm? What's going on here? You girls want my autograph or what?"

     Mina leans sidewards to indicate the speaker standing behind the two workers. Unlike Mina, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung stood still and chose not to answer.

     Five seconds later, Jeongyeon was the first one to turn around, now facing the speaker. She spared anot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter