Sixteen

Heartwarming Photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "You study in Hanyang University? That's the same University Tzuyu is enrolled to!"

     "Is that so? Then why don't I get to see her?"

     Dahyun and Mina grabbed the opportunity to chat and get to know each other formally. It was a revelation to hear about Chaeyoung's story about meeting the Japanese, so she interrogated about her well-being and Mina answered her questions honestly.

     With the incident passing, they transitioned to another topic of coincidence. Tzuyu studies in the same University Mina studies, but the thought came when she realized Tzuyu's presence inside the campus premises was never acknowledged.

     "She's on break. Running the flower shop business, you see. Parents are on a trip. Though you don't have to feel sorry for her, in case you're feeling it," Dahyun elucidates.

     "Huh?"

     "She's enjoying it. Just keep her business in your field of sight and that's enough for her."

     Mina nods slowly, putting Tzuyu's perspective in priority. She noticed it; the way Tzuyu greets her with a smile filled with sincerity, her eyes blooming like the flowers sold inside, and the satisfying look she wears whenever she happily purchased her arrangements. Still, Mina had that apologizing sensation pestering her chest when she heard about the young girl's story.

     "Somehow, I'm worried about her education. Hopefully, her parents will return soon," she frets.

     "Actually, I had this idea bothering me for a while now. Since you study in the same University Tzuyu studies in, is there a probability that you can tutor her? I told her about it; she seems fine with the idea. The only problem is, I can't find a suitable tutor."

     Dahyun's idea was neither well-planned or blandly thought of. It was a process of providing Tzuyu some knowledgeable information in the midst of managing a business. Mina never had the occupation of tutoring, so this was certainly an unforeseen request.

     Dahyun paid attention to the latter's expressions. She was confused— rejection?

     Chaeyoung, who was listening to their conversation earnestly, fake coughed after realizing how much bewilderment Dahyun's idea caused; it was just too much. "Are you crazy, Dahyun-unnie? Mina-unnie goes to class, too. I understand Tzuyu is in need, but consider her time and efforts. She can't just go back and forth from class to the flower shop. Let her rest! College is tiring!"

     "I sort of know. I'm sorry, Mina-ssi. I was asking a lot from you. You don't have to think about it. I'll find another person to help Tzuyu," Dahyun conceded.

     Hearing this, Chaeyoung felt the need to argue. Dahyun's ideas were no doubt, always this deranged. Asking someone to work...she needs to think about the payment in return, too.

     And so, the youngest objects, "Why do you need to search for someone else? You always go to the flower shop so why not you take care of her? As much as I am concerned about her education, asking someone else to teach her is too much, don't you see? If you're going to continue doing that, at least call it hiring. Think about the efforts!"

     Dahyun leaned back, sighing as she felt the ignorance in her own words. Chaeyoung stated facts and she had no choice but to stay silent. Of course, Mina had a busy schedule as well. She didn't think about that, so now it was filling her mind with regrets.

     "I'll...do it. If it's to benefit someone, it will benefit me also."

     Chaeyoung darts at Mina with incredulity surrounding her eyes. She thought Mina would agree with her supporting details and reject Dahyun's request, but instead, the words she didn't expect to hear jumped out.

     Dahyun's eyes sparkled with hope. Neither did she believe that Mina would accept.

     "Mina-ssi, are you sure? I mean, if you're allowing yourself to do it then I will pay. As long as I can provide Tzuyu my support, I will pay," she announced with joy in her tone.

     Mina chuckled. Dahyun isn't so typical.

     "No need, I'll do this out of my own will just as Chaeyoung-ah works here without getting paid. It's just some tutoring, that's all. I have vacant days in my weekly schedule, so I can replace those days with my meetings with Tzuyu. I hope that's okay with you that I won't get to visit every day."

     Dahyun stood up, shaking her head continuously, "N-no! That's definitely enough! Thank you so much! Tzuyu would be delighted to have you!"

     "It's a pleasure, really. I don't want her to ache in that flower shop either, plus this is all I can do after always welcoming me with her hard work. Hopefully, I can help her with some basic knowledge."

     Dahyun sat down again, her lips neverending curl.

     Chaeyoung retreats in silence. This was Mina's decision, and she had no right to hassle the girl's liking. Initially, the necessity of pulling Dahyun back to her limits and convincing Mina to disregard the idea was the plan, but the sudden lack of confidence let her exchange roles with the exuberant Dahyun.

     Mina averts her eyes to Chaeyoung, as if asking for her permission about the situation.

     "If that's what you want, then I'll let it be. Tzuyu is very important to me, too. I guess tutoring a special friend won't hurt..." she trailed off.

     Mina beamed, "Thank you, Chaeyoung-ah!"

     "But, I want you to consider something."

     Tilting their heads in confusion, Dahyun asks, "Consider what?"

     Chaeyoung crossed her arms, ready to release the inner responsibility no one is expecting to witness, "Since the flower shop is distant from your place, you have to call me to you home. I just don't want you to get yourself in the same situation thrice, unnie."

     Mina was taken aback, it sounds as if it was an order— a demand of safety. She forgot how factual Chaeyoung was; she wasn't lying. The last time she went to the flower shop, her life was at stake not until she dropped Chaeyoung a fearful call. It wasn't just the trait of being overprotective, but it was just Chaeyoung's responsibility to look out for her. Although, it was never stated otherwise that Chaeyoung claimed Mina as a responsibility, but, she did. Mina is Chaeyoung's responsibility, and Mina should abide as she was the one who rescued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter