Eleven

Heartwarming Photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Later that evening, Sana bid goodbye to the three and went ahead. Supposedly, Jeongyeon insisted that Dahyun should her, but Sana refused. "She'll be seeing Tzuyu, won't she? I don't want to let Tzuyu wonder where her unnie went." was her excuse. "I'll be fine, don't worry. I'll come again tomorrow morning. Thanks for the coffee!"

        Dahyun could do nothing but stare at Sana's back as it fades from her sight. She checked the time and it was 5:43 PM. She's 43 minutes late from her usual routine to check on Tzuyu. Hastily, Dahyun grabs her bag and accidentally smacked Chaeyoung's face with it in the process. "Dahyun-unnie!!" she yelled, her voice filled with fury. Much to Chaeyoung's dismay, Dahyun ran off and ignored her. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, could only release a sigh of annoyance as she rubbed her temples.

        Dahyun ran while supporting the utmost precious bag with her camera inside it. It struck her mind how she did not take a single picture today. I didn't visit the garden today anyway so... She halted her thoughts when she arrived at a stop by for a cab. A few minutes later, a vacant cab appeared and Dahyun immediately let herself in. The flower shop was not that far, but a cab is the only transportation Dahyun can use to get herself there. The driver asked for the address and Dahyun answered, "Kun Hyul C boulevard please."

        As the wheels began to roll, Dahyun continued, Sana asked me to meet her so it's pointless to even visit the garden...actually, no. Just change of plans, that's all. Since she did say that she'll be visiting the cafe tomorrow morning, maybe I should ask her to come with me to the garden in the afternoon? Or maybe I should just go by myself, she's too risky to bring. But I can't blame her since that garden is her grandmother's possession after all. Now that I think about it, I only bumped into her one time. Doesn't she frequent her own grandmother's garden?— Forget it, I'm just sleeping on unessential things here.

        Due to Dahyun's wandering mind, she did not notice that the driver was giving her a signal that they arrived. The driver decided to call her, "Miss, we're here." but it was rather a fail. He called again, but this time in a higher volume. For the umpteenth time, he called again until Dahyun finally realized how the vehicle wasn't acting. She turned her head, only to receive a poker-faced driver staring at her. Her eyes widened, "Oh my God! I'm so sorry," she immediately obtained the cash from her pockets, "Please take this. I wasn't ignoring you, sir! I promise!"

        The driver snatched the money from Dahyun's fingers without a word, meaning, he doesn't need any further redundancy filling this automobile. Dahyun's regrets and humiliation surrounded her, so she just fixed her bag in silence and proceeded, "Thank you for the ride."

        As soon as Dahyun stepped out, the cab began to accelerate. The latter placed her palm above her chest in surprise. She inhaled, then exhaled. Soon, she inspected her own body whether she forgot anything or not. In an assurance that she did not take her mind off her belongings, she advanced her way to Tzuyu's whereabouts.

        Just a few turns from where Dahyun was dropped off, she finally found herself standing in front of the particular entrance. She glanced over the window to search for Tzuyu's figure, successfully landing her eyes on the young girl's rear view from the glass. Dahyun tapped on the glass door, hoping that Tzuyu would hear.

        Tzuyu heard repeating taps from the door, so she slid the pot of flowers aside and progressed to the main entrance. Her eyes laid on a beaming Dahyun from the opposite side as soon as Tzuyu appeared.

        The shop manager opened the door. Dahyun made her way and embraced Tzuyu while tiptoeing to reach her height. "Sorry, I'm an hour late. I hope I didn't worry you." Dahyun released from the hug, now face-to-face with the tall girl. Tzuyu snickered, "It's okay, unnie. I thought you went to rest so I didn't mind. I told you, you don't have to come here every day. If you need to do something else or simply because you don't want to or you're tired, I'll accept it."

        Dahyun brushed Tzuyu's hair, sincerity and benevolence spreading inside her heart. "You really are lovable, Tzuyu-yah. You're making me want to come here more often. Don't worry, even if I have something else to do, I'll make sure to spare some time and visit. Even if I don't want to, I'll still end up here. And to be honest, even if I'm tired, your flowers eliminate all my tiredness away! So stop thinking about me, okay? I love it here."

        This time, Tzuyu leaned down hosted the embrace. Dahyun knows that Tzuyu is a worrisome kid who just wants her friends, or sisters even, to have a good wellbeing. Dahyun, along with Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon, are the only friends who stayed with Tzuyu for a long time. Until now, the three are protective and caring over Tzuyu, and Tzuyu usually reminds them that she's not a child anymore. Nowadays, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung barely get to interact with Tzuyu personally because of the busy work back at the cafe. The two would send the youngest messages or questions whether she's all right or safe after hearing the news from Dahyun that her parents left for vacation and taking a break from college.

        "Thank you, unnie."

        Dahyun pats Tzuyu's back after letting go. She proceeds to place her bag on the counter as Tzuyu follows. "I told Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon-unnie to consider closing early from time to time so they can come along and visit you here. Since you're missing out a lot in college, I figured that maybe either of them can tutor you." Dahyun placed her chin between her thumb and index finger, "Now that I think about it, I doubt you're gonna understand anything from Chaeyoung. Jeongyeon-unnie should be able to do it."

        Tzuyu lightly hit Dahyun's elbow as she chuckled, "Dahyun-unnie, You're being mean towards Chaeyoung-unnie again. If she hears this, she'll kick you out of the apartment for sure!"

        Dahyun leaned on the counter and began to laugh. It took her a while before she can fully respond, "Just kidding. I wish I can tutor you, but you know I'm not that smart. If only you're taking in photography, then I'll get to flood you with all my knowledge!" Dahyun hovered her left arm over Tzuyu's neck, even if her height was trying to stop her.

        The older girl released Tzuyu when she was about to speak, "It's okay, Dahyun-unnie. I don't need a tutor. I'm sure I'll get to follow easily once I get back. For now, I'll prioritize the business and the plants. Chaeyoung-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie should focus on the cafe, while you should focus on your specialty: photography." Tzuyu held the pot she left earlier and added, "But of course, you should focus on your studies too along with Chaeyoung-unnie. Since Jeongyeon-unnie graduated and all, I'm hoping that the two of you can catch up soon." Tzuyu smiled, her attention was caught by the plant in the center of her arm.

        "We'll catch up soon, Tzuyu. We can't let Jeongyeon-unnie have all the freedom!" Dahyun joked. Tzuyu replied with a giggle, until a thought came to mind, "I wish I can go back to college so I can graduate sooner than later, too. Once the three of us graduate, along with Jeongyeon-unnie, Momo-unnie will come back, right? She said she'll only come back once we graduate, but I can't even graduate with this business on my shoulders."

        It happened again. The name that Dahyun was avoiding to hear struck her. Her jaw tightened, while her thoughts were unconsciously stringing her back.

        She'll only come back once we graduate? I'm sorry, Tzuyu. She told you that. She told Chaeyoung that. She told Jeongyeon-unnie that. I know she said that, but those words did not even come out of her own lips when I heard.

        Tzuyu noticed Dahyun's sudden change of expression. The atmosphere altered as well. The silence could speak, and Tzuyu felt it. Tzuyu wore a worried countenance; she hesitated whether she should intervene with Dahyun's train of thoughts or let her be. But choosing the latter option would scare Tzuyu much further, so she gently poked Dahyun's bicep in hopes of triumph in catching her attention.

        It didn't work, so she mentioned her name softly instead, "Unnie?", with her eyebrows slowly raising in worry.

        Dahyun's consciousness was brought back the moment she realized Tzuyu was right beside her. She turned her body and faced Tzuyu, who had the most anxious expression the whole time. Dahyun's face softened; it was never her intention for Tzuyu to worry about her undesired behavior.

        "Is there something wrong, Dahyun-unnie? Did I say something wrong? Did I offend you in any way? I'm sorry if I did. Please don't stress yourself over me." Tzuyu lowered her head, her eyes now fully glued to the green herb.

        Dahyun shook her head and continuously assured, "No, no, no, no,.." She ruffled the taller girl's hair, "You didn't say or do anything wrong. You shouldn't stress yourself over me," she emphasized. "I was just imagining all the possibilities we can have the moment all four of us graduate," she lied, again.

        "Are you sure? You looked so dense, unnie."

        Dahyun gave Tzuyu a smile that can reassure her worries away. "Don't worry, Tzuyu. I really was thinking about our future." Dahyun desired to change the topic, she didn't want this subject to pester Tzuyu with anxiousness anymore. She approached the panel filled with different kinds of plants displayed just by the huge window, "Oh, by the way, are there any deliveries that need to be done?"

        Tzuyu shook her head, "No, unnie. I didn't receive a single call today."

        Dahyun faced Tzuyu and nodded slowly, "I see."

        Just as Dahyun leaned down to inhale the scent, her peripheral vision caught a figure passing by on the opposite side of the window. She straightened her back as she heard the bell connected to the door make a sound.

        Tzuyu reflexes, "Welcome to Eleganza!"

        Dahyun inches to Tzuyu's side to bow together. The customer bows as well as a sign of gratitude. "What kind of flower are you pleased with perhaps, miss?" Tzuyu inquired as she approaches her garnered plants.

        The woman followed to conversate with Tzuyu. Dahyun seemed to recognize her, but she temporized whether she should mention her relations or stay quiet. Yet, as the negligent girl Dahyun is, she exclaimed, "You're the lady who ordered poppies the other day!", she pointed with her index finger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter