Ten

Heartwarming Photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        "You don't know how much I panicked when I realized I woke up by 3:30 PM. I took a nap right after I arrived from the airport since it was still early. I figured you would get mad at me if I came late."

        Dahyun took a sip from the black coffee. "Mad? Why would I be mad? There's no reason for me to get mad at you," she assured.

        Sana smirked, "Of course. It's impossible for you to get mad at me."

        Dahyun's eyebrows creased, hinting another tease from Sana. "What made you say so?" she asked.

        "You said it yourself, dummy."

        Sana raised her left hand in an attempt to brush Dahyun's hair behind her ear. She further brushed the opposite side with a warm smile plastered on her face. Dahyun felt embarrassed, but she sat still pretending to focus on her own beverage.

        "Sana," Dahyun called with her stable eyes.

        Sana ceased her actions to face Dahyun, "Yes?"

        "Are you flirting with me?"

        Sana's recent actions convinced Dahyun that she had a different intention. Intentions that confused Dahyun, giving her another perspective when it comes to her friendship with Sana. Yet, she was unaware of her own feelings towards the taller girl. Dahyun thought that Sana was just being uncanny but until now her authentic point of view wasn't as authentic as she thought.

        "Flirting? Of course not. Your hair looked messy, I just thought of fixing it for you. Don't get the wrong idea, sweetie." Sana professed, but Dahyun noticed the peculiar smirk she had been displaying the whole time.

        "You are so weird."

        "You're not so different yourself, Dahyun. You're just as weird as I am." Sana inhaled the sweet aroma released by the same type of coffee Dahyun had, "Holding my hand that long and claiming that your own hand got paralyzed? Blurting out compliments as the first words you've told me when we first met?"

        Sana leaned back, "This may sound funny but don't tell me I'm your love at first sight. Am I?"

        Dahyun swallowed each word that has absconded from Sana's fearless lips. She was impotent to answer the obnoxious girl. Everything she said was factual and significant, except for the last sentence, but there's no point in objecting at all. The only option that's left for Dahyun is to avoid those statements, "Hey! I didn't meet you here for you to bring back the past! You're acting all confident all of a sudden!" Dahyun's grip on the cup tightened, anger obvious in her tone.

       "I wouldn't say 'past' since it was just a few days ago, but I guess you're right. I'm just proving that we're both similar in a lot of ways, there's no need to be aggressive. Sorry if I offended you."

        Dahyun sighed and released the cup from her fingers. She leaned her head back, eyes landed on the blank ceiling. There was no point in getting mad now.

        "I'm sorry, I was overreacting. Please don't get mad at me. "

        "Dahyun, I'm not."

        "Just a few minutes ago, I was about to follow when you said it's impossible to get mad at you."

        "But you're not mad at me."

        "Exactly, I'm not mad at all!" Dahyun has never been confused her whole life. Her words felt so meaningless, she had no idea what she was saying at all. She's simply following everything Sana had been stating since the beginning. 

        "You're a mess, Kim Dahyun." Sana left a remark with a cheeky grin.

        Dahyun moves her black coffee aside as she lays her head down while using both hands to cover herself. Sana didn't mind her; she sat there while her eyes were goggling over Dahyun. It takes 10 seconds for Sana to realize Dahyun was attempting to escape the situation by drifting herself to sleep.

        "Dahyun? Are you sleeping?"

        Sana was waiting for an answer, but all she heard was a quiet groan.

        "Dahyun, wake up. Your joe is cold. If you're not going to drink it, then I'll have it."

        Just as Sana was about to grab Dahyun's cup, Dahyun's hand went ahead and held her wrist to stop Sana's hand from going further. "That's mine," she cautioned. "I'll finish that. I was just spacing out."

        Dahyun's hand caught Sana's attention. She noticed how the condition passed yet Dahyun's fingers were still wrapped around Sana's wrist. Dahyun's eyes were laid on the subject as well, but she did not bother to move an inch.

        "You're doing it again, Dahyun." Sana maintained the tranquility inside her body. Dahyun's grip wasn't that firm, actually. It was gentle and it seems like Dahyun's fingers were yearning for something to grasp.

        Dahyun replied by Sana's skin with her thumb. "Your skin is soft," she proceeded. Sana was about to open her lips but she let the time progress so she decided to ignore it. She thought that maybe Dahyun was just being empathetic and that Sana was finally able to convey the doleful feeling she was hiding all along.

        "Say, Sana."

        Sana's eyes returned back to discern Dahyun's, "Why were you at the airport a while ago?" Slowly, Dahyun loosed her grip on Sana's wrist, but Sana still felt the warmth of Dahyun's palm.

        "I told you earlier, didn't I? I accompanied my mom."

        Dahyun's hands clutched the edge of the seat below the table. She faced the female sitting at the opposite side with a lightened expression, an expression that relieved Sana. "Accompany? Your mom left for where?"

        "She's going back to Japan to work there."

        "Why so? There are jobs here in Korea."

       Sana hesitated to reply to Dahyun's question. She looked down and pursed her lips, then looked back up again. Dahyun observed Sana's silent response, so she contemplated to answer again and change the topic.

        "That probably came out as rude. Sorry, you don't have to answer it."

        "We've already said enough sorry's since today. That's the last time I want to hear it for now. It's okay."

        Dahyun became silent. She felt the need to apologize more but as Sana said, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter