Chapter 5

Maybe it's you, Maybe it's me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung’s POV

Mark and I am now at the side of the river, doing nothing and just sitting. Mark is someone who is very talkative and will always talk none sense when it comes to make me laugh. But now, he, too, is silent and does not talk. I know it is because I look sad so he try to stay quiet.

That's good because I don't want to talk right now.

I know that I should not use Mark to get away my anxiety which is freshly caused by Jackson. But it turned out that way.

And to come and think of Jackson, he just shouldn't come back like this at my door step after leaving me for about a year.

I still remember how he gave me stupid blames and how he would come to me and told me to break up whenever he is drunk. But in the morning, he would crawl up to me and said sorry.

I used to think those sorry-s and I-love-you-s were true and real. But I guess I was wrong. I was wrong about him. I was wrong about his “I will be there.”. I was wrong about “I won’t leave you.” “I miss you.” “I love you.” I was wrong about his eyes, his kisses, hugs, morning coffees from him and goodnight texts.

The pieces of my broken heart were more than his stupid kisses. Tears caused by him were more than hugs. Scars given were more than morning coffees. The nights I have to tug in the cold blankets were more than the time he sings me to sleep.

I have promised myself that not even in my second life I would never let him break my heart again. I don’t know why he come back but I am sure I won’t let him in again.

And Mark.

… Mark. I used him. I would never do it to someone just for my own happiness.

I shouldn’t escape to him when he is not even my home. I feel terrible but without being noticed, we are here sitting on grass and he is staring at me. I can see him at the corner of my eyes.

This is going to a long day.

“What? Is there something on my face?” I said, without looking at him. His shakes his head as he put his face on the palm.

“No, I am just thinking.” He said and suddenly he lies himself on the grass, placing the back of his head on the left palm. He does look like he is thinking something. I really wonder what he thinks about this.

“What?” I asked.

“Huh?”

“What are you thinking?” I asked again and he slowly turned his head to my side.

“I am just thinking why you are sad.” He answered and that makes me laugh for some reasons. Mark, thinking why I am sad, makes me laugh. Why is he thinking something that he does not have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter