Chapter 3

Maybe it's you, Maybe it's me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark’s POV

 

, yes! It’s Saturday. I look outside through the window. Perfect. Very perfect weather to a date. I smiled at my own daydream about a date with Jinyoung but I know it never happens.

 

Sigh…I literally have no idea why he never likes me. It’s me, Mark Tuan. Tall, handsome and rich.

 

Even my friends did and still ask me why I like Park Jinyoung. And I answer is ‘I don’t know’.

 

I don’t know why I like him. I like his eyes, his red nose whenever he is angry or blushed. I like his lips…those lips that I am dying to taste but still not work out. I like how he walk, how he talks and how his eye lashes sometimes fall on his cheeks and he does not even know it. And he would be angry with me for staring at him so long but I can’t help it. It is just my habit.

 

And then one day he just sits right at the corner with his little group of kids, Yugyeom and Youngjae whom I like to tease around. And I was happened to look at him when he was smiling and laughing. I admit that I have never seen someone that pretty before. It took my three seconds to fall for him. That enchanting three seconds.

 

But it’s been three months and he is still not into me. But I am not giving up. So the weather is perfect today and let’s see if I could take him out for a date.

 

“Mark Tuan! Come down for a minute!” Just I finish daydreaming, I heard my dad calling.

 

“Mark Tuan! Right Now!” …I am pretty sure it is about my car.

 

I run down and of course, my dad is already at the garage looking at the damage that I have made.

 

“What is this?” he asked.

 

“That’s ... um… The tree was on my way to school.” I said with the sweetest voice showing all my teeth.

 

“Tuan! I don’t want to see any of these damages the rest of the year. Now, go to the service center.” He said as he threw a car key at me. Well, I can’t complain why he is mad since it’s my fault to hit the car for about four times already this year.

 

Oh wait… the service center is close to Jinyoung’s dorm. I smiled at myself thinking I could go to his dorm. Well, I am literally spending 24 hours of my day thinking how to get Park Jinyoung. So, this one could be the reason too, meeting him while waiting my car getting fixed.

 

I took out the phone and call him right away. Somewhere in my mind knows that Jinyoung will not accept but trying is better than nothing.

 

So, I called him. The phone is calling but obviously, he is not picking up. Well, of course, if he picks up at first try, he is not Park Jinyoung that I know. So I called him the second time and luckily, he answered. “Hello?”

 

“Jinyoungie! Are you free this afternoon?” I asked hoping he won’t deny it.

 

“What?” he asked me.

 

“I ask you if you are free this afternoon. I have to wait for my car getting fixed and the service center is at your neighborhood. And I don’t know where it is. So I was wondering if you could possibly come down and-” I speaks slowly and give terrible reason to come down but before I finish, he cuts me off.

 

“What time?” he asked. Wait what? Is he interested? Is that yes? I am dying to shout out loud.

 

“Around 2?” I said.

 

“Can’t we meet now? I want to meet as soon as possible.” He asked and I am sure I had a mini heart attack.

 

“Of course, I am free anytime.” Of course, Jinyoungie.

 

“Okay then. Are you coming or I am?” he asked.

 

“I am coming to you. You are at the dorm, right?” I am trying so hard to sound cool but I am sure anyone can sense my happiness.

 

“Yes.” He said it short and he hung up. Well, I couldn’t have a chance to say good bye but it is worth it. It was a bit odd to get accepted by Jinyoung this easily but who cares? He said he wants to see me now.

 

--

 

-Earlier that day-

 

Jinyoung’s POV

 

“All we did was fight and argue.” he said. It’s him, Wang Jackson. I know his voice very well. Maybe the sun is too bright or the lighting on ceiling too blinding, I can’t see him clearly. But I am sure it’s him. We are again sitting at the corner of this café. Of course, he is holding that white cup of espresso. His favorite.

 

“…Yes, we fought but we made up. We always get back after the fight. We were falling alright, Jackson.” I beg him to stay. I did. I sound tiring, annoyed and desperate to make him stay… just beside me.

 

“No, only you fall. I didn’t. I’m sorry, Jinyoung.” He frowns and looks away.

 

“W…what do you mean?” I asked. I could hear my voice shaking.

 

“Seriously Jinyoung? Don’t you feel that something was not right when we were together?” he frowns again before he walks out of the door. That hurts. My heart starts to pound so fast and I want to cry so bad. Tears are about to fall. I am breathing so heavily and I feel like someone is drowning me. Looking at him walking away from is also hurting me.

 

And I found myself repeating the same question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter