Chapter 2

Maybe it's you, Maybe it's me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung’s POV

It’s Saturday. I am sitting in the discussion room with my other teammates but we couldn’t start the meeting yet because Mark Tuan is late. He is not here yet! God, where the hell is he?

 

But I know this kind of thing will happen. I know all of his too well. Very well.

 

“Can’t we just start without him?” Jooheon, one of the team member said. Yeah, I wish. But I am the one who feels like everyone should be treated fairly and as the team leader, I want to make sure everyone keeps up with everything that is done within the discussion. So, I told them to wait.

 

“I want to, but we should wait him.” And as I speak I saw him running into the room. His hair is a mess and his face is swollen. He is definitely suffering from hangover. I can see it.I am sure he was drunk when he called me last night. Jerk.

 

“I’m sorry.” He apologizes as soon as he saw annoyed faces when he entered the room. Especially, he saw mine. I know that he doesn’t want to make me angry or he never let me get angry. But I always do get angry… because of him, obviously.

 

“I am late because of err…the traffic!” He gives some random reasons again.

 

“It’s 1pm. Not the rush hour. Try to give out some good reason next time.” I shut his mouth. And he can clearly sense that I am angry.

 

“I…” Mark tried to explain but I cut it off and started the discussion. I don’t care how he feels but I am sure this 2-hour discussion with him is difficult. He is not concentrated, always playful.

 

“So I guess, we can finish the whole project by next week.” The meeting is finished and now I have to face with Mark.

 

“Jinyoungie! Are you mad?” I heard him followed me as soon as we walked out of the discussion room. I wanted to say no and just get over with it but then I don’t want to. He has right to know that I am angry with him.

 

“No-Yes.” “I am very angry with you being not punctual every time.” And now, I regret it. If I said no, he would or might or maybe stop following me around but now, he will stick to me for the whole day.

 

“I’m sorry!” There it comes, the aegyo that I don’t want to see. He makes that puppy eyes and so called duck face which people see it cute except me.

 

“I am really sorry. I had to go to my grandma’s place. She…ah… today is her grandma birthday so I went there to help decoration last night.” He comes up with an excuse that almost looks like truth but I don’t believe him, of course. So, I walked away from him. And I am sure he runs after me since I heard him calling my name pretty loud in the hallway.

 

“Jinyoungie…” He stopped shouting since I stopped and looked back.

 

“What Mark? People are watching.”

 

“but you didn’t listen.”

 

“I don’t want to.” I said but I realise that it will get worse if I did not listen him. Whether he is lying or not, I will just let him talk and stop this stupid thing. So, I patiently speak.

 

“So, you called me last night at 11pm at your grandma’s place? You said you are helping?” I asked suspiciously. I mean, it is just too suspicious.

 

“That…ah…Yes, I called you when I was at my grandma’s place. Yes.” He nodded his head showing all his teeth. “and I was late today because the whole morning was her birthday celebration.”

 

And at this point, I can’t tell if he is lying or not. Maybe not? I don’t know. . He could be lying and I am very positive that he would. But then he said it was his grandma’s birthday. So, I decided to let it go.

 

“Fine.” I said and I am sure he is not satisfied with my answer but finewill be only thing that he will get so I started to walk away from his again.

“A..are you sure?” He follows me again.

 

“Yes, Mark. I am sure I am fine. And what? You want to draw?” I stopped in front of the classroom and pointed the board that is hung up on door saying “drawing class.”

 

“ah…” Mark does not like to draw. According to his friends, he said drawing is a waste of time. But to me, it is better than wasting his father money. Anyway, I saw some girls inside the classroom eyeing on us since Mark Tuan, the flower boy of the school, is outside, talking to me.

 

“Then goodbye.” I said and I opened the door. “And …”

 

“Tell your grandma that I wish her happy birthday too.” He looked surprised. And I mean, I am surprised myself too. I have no idea why I said it. I might be clearly out of my mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter