Chapter 1

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we going?" Irene asked trailing behind Wendy.

"You'll see," Wendy simply replied with a wide smile on her face.

It's been some months since Wendy and Irene had their date. The things went smooth. Irene sold her apartment and bought a new one next to Wendy's apartment.

Yerim and Sooyoung got along with each other as Wendy expected. They began to spend more time together and it was a bit scary. The two of Satan's kids are friends now - what can be scarier? Irene and Wendy had to ignore the kid's jokes until they decided to move to Irene's apartment and leave Yerim and Sooyoung in Wendy's.

After some days Sooyoung invited a girl from her uni. The girl's name was Seulgi. She was just like Sooyoung. No, she wasn't a little devil. She just got tired of living in a dorm so she asked to live with Yerim and Sooyoung.

Wendy hesitated but Sooyoung told her that Seulgi can be trusted so she let her live there. Since then she became good friends with Seulgi. Not that good as she was with Sooyoung but still. Seulgi became their new family member. And Wendy was glad that Irene understood that Seulgi is like a sister to her and she didn't get jealous.

"We are going to go somewhere?" Irene asked as a taxi stopped in front of them.

"Yes, we are," Wendy opened a car door and let Irene in then she sat near the driver's seat. "You will like it, believe me."

Irene stayed quite and looked outside through the window.

"I think it'll rain soon," she said looking at the gray sky.

"It won't destroy our day, don't worry," Wendy calmed her. She hoped that it won't.

Their trip was quite. Soon the rain drops began to cover the windows. And Wendy realized that it's not just a rain but heavy rain. The driver sighed and turned the janitors on.

"Ladies, are you sure you want to continue this trip? It becomes more dangerous. Maybe I'll drive back and you'll go on the other day?" The driver suggested.

"No, we are fine," Wendy answered and turned back to look at Irene who was worriedly looking at her. "We'll be fine."

"Okay."

They continued their trip.

When they reached a forest, the car suddenly stopped.

"What's going on?" Wendy asked and looked at the driver.

"Its dark and I can't see the road," he replied.

"Uhm... Turn the lights on?"

"They are , young lady."

"Then why can't you continue driving?" Wendy really couldn't understand why he is so scared.

"Wendy."

Wendy faced Irene and the eldest pointed at something outside.

The trees were swinging from side to side. And it looked like they are going to break. After some minutes a huge tree fell right in front of the car.

"I don't think that it's safe to stay here," Wendy said and gripped her bag.

"I can't go forward," the driver looked like he is going to faint. "But I'll try to turn the car."

Right when he had started the engine, another tree fell. This time the tree hit the trunk.

Irene screamed.

"Irene! Are you okay?" Wendy asked and tried to find Irene's hand in the darkness.

The next sound Wendy heard was the sound of broken glass. The third tree fell on the windshield and soon after Wendy felt pain: some shrapnel have hit her. It wasn't the last time she got hit and before feeling something heavy bashed her head, Wendy heard Irene calling her.

"Wendy!"

And she have fainted.

-

The sound of siren woke up Wendy. She tried to open her eyes but failed because of the bright sunlight that was shining right into her eyes. She suddenly remembered what happens earlier and she opened her eyes wide.

"Irene!" She called but heard no answer.

She checked the seat that was occupied by Irene but there was no sight of her girlfriend there. Thinking that Irene had went out, Wendy grabbed car's door handle and pushed it. She shook off the shrapnel and got out of the car.

By that time she was already surrounded by some police cars and ambulance. Wendy looked around but couldn't find Irene. But Irene wasn't the only thing that she haven't found. Wendy clearly remembered that there were like four trees that had fallen on the ground.  But now there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter