Chapter 11

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was heading to the hospital where she was used as a participant. As the huge building was in her sight, she stopped and waited for Soojung.

Later in the evening on the day when they met, Soojung called her again and suggested her to secretly penetrate into the hospital. They planned to enter the experiments area, and to try to find some information about Wendy. Joohyun stayed at home and looked after Seulgi, who actually was about to left the apartment just as Wendy had left it too. Irene's sister was pretending to have something important to talk to Seulgi with, so to their luck Seulgi stayed with Joohyun, probably not to be suspicious.

After some minutes Wendy saw Soojung, approaching to her. At first Wendy thought that it was some ninja, because Soojung's face and body was well hidden under the black costume.

"Hey," Wendy greeted, smiling widely.

"What's so funny?" Soojung asked and took off her mask.

"You," Wendy pointed at model's clothes. "I didn't know you like to look like ninja."

"I'm not," Soojung replied, pouting. "I'm just too exited, because we are about to do something crazy."

"You were the one who suggested it in the first place."

"I know," the model smiled to Wendy and dragged her behind the brick wall. "So I asked my friend to turn off all the signalling and show me the black exits."

"Have you told him about our plan?" Wendy worriedly asked.

"No," Soojung quickly shook her head. "As long as I pay him, he don't care."

"Oh, I should be the one who is paying," Wendy glanced at Soojung's dissatisfied face.

"No, I'm okay with that. I told you that you've done so many thing to help me when we were younger. Let me help you now," Soojung took Wendy's hand and dragged her away the brick wall.

Soon they were standing in front of a door, that looked like it was never opened before. Wendy grabbed the handle and pushed it. To her surprise it was opened.

Soojung entered the building and Wendy followed her.

"So we are in the basement," Soojung whispered, wiping the dust from some old device. "The lab is on the 11th floor."

"How will we get there?" Wendy asked, trying to get the spiderweb from Soojung's clothes.

"We will use the worker's elevator," Soojung pointed at two silver doors in front of them. "They rarely use it, so it makes everything easier."

Soojung pressed the button and the doors opened. They entered the elevator and began to get higher.

Wendy thought that Soojung might did that kind of things many times, because she looked like professional. Or maybe she is good in everything she does.

While Wendy was admiring the model, Soojung checked her phone in case her friend will warn them about something. But she got no messages, so it meant that everything is fine.

When they stepped out the elevator, Wendy saw some white doors. All of them were named as 'laboratory'. 

"So what lab do we need?" Wendy asked, looking around.

"The 21st lab," Soojung replied and headed to that laboratory. Wendy trailed behind her. "They save there all the documents, devices, meds and the results of their experiments that are connected with neuro blah blah disorders, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's."

Wendy nodded and continued to search for 21st lab, but Soojung found it faster.

It was located in the end of the floor, and it was the biggest.

Soojung opened the doors without any problems, because, as Wendy thought, her friend hacked the key.

When Wendy entered the lab, she expected to see a mess of papers, some devises, fridges with meds, but she saw nothing. The lab was empty like it was never used. 

"What the hell?" Soojung checked twice if it was the lab they needed, and to her surprise it was the lab where the experiments made. It was the lab they needed but there was nothing. Only empty tables and boxes. 

They walked around the lab, but haven't found anything.

"Maybe they decided to use another laboratory?" Wendy asked as they left the empty lab.

"No, they used this lab," Soojung shook her head. "I checked the cameras yesterday and it was full of papers and devises. I don't understand anything."

"I don't understand it too," They left this floor and returned to the basement.

Wendy was disappointed when they left the hospital without anything. She wanted to find something about her, but the luck was on the other side.

The brunette said sorry to Soojung that she had to spent her time, but the model only laughed at it.

Meanwhile on the 11th floor there was a woman. She knew everything that happened here some moments ago. Actually she predicted it to happen. 

Kim Yongsun got in the 21st laboratory, that was never used. She left this lab empty in any case. When she was about to left it, she received a call.

"Good job," Yongsun said to the person that was her partner.

"I know," her partner replied. "I'm always doing a good job."

Yongsun rolled her eyes. She never had a partner like that. Too confident, too annoying, but it was her job, so she had to get used to it.

"Call Tiffany and inform her about everything," Yongsun ordered and hung up. 

-

"I think I should visit the place where Irene had disappeared," Wendy said to Joohyun and Soojung.

The three of them were sitting in some cafe near the place where they lived. After unsuccessful try to find something in the hospital, Soojung offered to visit the cafe and discuss some important things. 

"Why?" Soojung asked, taking a sip of a tea.

"I feel like I need to visit this place," Wendy explained. "It's the place where everything took start from, isn't it?"

Soojung nodded, looking worried.

"But I don't think that you should go there," the model insisted, glancing at Joohyun, who was quietly listening to them. "If they are that rich and almighty, don't you think that they can ease their footprints?"

"I need to go there," Wendy argued back. "I'll go there alone, because-"

Wendy was interrupted by Joohyun's coughing. Wendy and Soojung looked at the eldest.

"No," she said. "I'm going with you. I don't care if you like it or not."

"Uhm, okay," Wendy obeyed. "Then we will go now?"

Joohyun nodded.

"Call me if you'll find something, okay?" Soojung carefully took Wendy's hand and squeezed it. "I'm just worried."

Wendy smiled to Soojung, saying that everything will be fine. They said goodbye to each other and parted ways.

Wendy got in her car and Joohyun did the same. The brunette started driving without saying anything. After Daegu they rarely spoke to each other. But still Wendy felt something for Joohyun. And for Irene too. She wanted to find Irene so bad, because she had so many questions and she missed her.

Just when they were about to reach the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter