Chapter 3

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy entered her apartment and the lights. A familiar sense of sadness filled her again, but she shook her head and prevented her tears to fall down her face. She will find Irene. Taeyeon agreed to help Wendy and meet her. She invited her to have dinner together tomorrow and to discuss some things about the article.

Yerim offered her to go with and Wendy gladly agreed. At least the atmosphere won't be so awkward.

Wendy leaned against the wall and looked around. Everything in her apartment reminded her of Irene. They lived here together for three months, and now it seemed like no one have ever lived here. Wendy felt so lonely in the place, she considered to be her home.

She sighed and headed to the kitchen, because she was hungry. Wendy opened the fridge which was obviously empty. She sighed again and decided to go out to eat.

She went to a cafe near her apartment. Wendy wanted to call her friends but decided to leave them, because she have already taken their time since yesterday. She didn't want to bother them anymore. At least not today.

When the brunette entered a cafe, she noticed that there were many people. Also she noticed her dear friend. Seulgi wasn't the person who liked going out, so Wendy was shocked to see her. And also Seulgi wasn't sociable, but she was talking to a girl who seemed to be older than Wendy.

Seulgi and that girl were discussing something important, because their faces were serious. So Wendy decided to take a seat at the other corner of the cafe.

The waitress approached her and Wendy made an order, never leaving her gaze from Seulgi.

Wendy became more interested in their relationships when the girl gave Seulgi a small envelope. Then the girl stood up and suddenly darted her gaze to Wendy. The latter quickly looked down like she was reading the menu. After some minutes Wendy felt like someone was standing in front of her.

"Wendy," Seulgi said, knocking the wooden table.

.

Wendy was still looking down, not knowing what to do. She felt like she saw something, she didn't need to see. But she slowly raised her head and looked at Seulgi, who was smiling.

"Hey, bear," Wendy awkwardly smiled back.

"What are you doing here?" Seulgi asked, taking a seat next to Wendy. And only now the younger noticed that Seulgi's friend wasn't here. She wasn't at the cafe. So Wendy thought that she had gone.

"I had nothing to eat at home, so I went here to eat," Wendy explained. "I'm going to ask you the same question."

"I was discussing my biology project," Seulgi answered like she expected Wendy to ask her that question.

"And who was that girl?"

"She is my friend from university," Seulgi easily replied again.

"But she looked older. Even older than Irene," Wendy said but soon added. "Oh, sorry, I forgot that you don't know Irene."

"It's okay," Seulgi smiled.

The waitress brought a bowl of noodles, and Wendy took the chopsticks. Seulgi quietly kept her eyes on Wendy who was eating.

"What some?" Wendy offered, pushing a bowl to Seulgi.

"No, thanks," the eldest said and pushed a bowl back to Wendy.

"As you like," Wendy replied and continued eating.

When Wendy was done, she looked at Seulgi who seemed distracted.

"Seulgi," Wendy called, but the latter didn't reacted.

"Seulgi," Wendy repeated and touched her friends shoulder.

"Ah? What?" Seulgi snapped out and looked at Wendy.

"Are you going home now?" Wendy asked, standing up. Seulgi hesitated before following Wendy's actions.

"Yes, let's go home now," Seulgi walked to the door with Wendy trailing behind.

They didn't talked on their way home. And Wendy thought that Seulgi is bothered by something, because she was a very talkative person around her, Sooyoung and Yerim.

"Did something happened?" Wendy decided to ask, but quickly inserted. "You just seem bothered and I am worrying a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter