Chapter 2

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy woke up after some hours of sleeping. She sat on a sofa and looked around, trying to remember what happened earlier and why she is sleeping on a sofa in Satan's apartment. Her head felt like she had knocked her head against a wall, and Wendy raised her arms to massage her temples. Just when she touched her left temple, she hissed because of pain and pulled her hand back. There was a blood on her index finger.

"What the hell?" Wendy thought and rushed to the bathroom to look at her temple in the mirror.

When she noticed a small cut on her temple, Wendy gasped. She couldn't remember what happened to her. Everytime she tried to do so, her head was shot though by pain.

Wendy returned to the living room, massaging her right temple which wasn't injured. She sat on a sofa and closed her eyes trying to ignore the pain.

"Wendy?"

Light haired girl slowly opened her eyes and looked at Seulgi who was standing not so far from her.

"Wendy," Seulgi repeated, walking closer. "Are you feeling bad? Have you taken some meds?"

"I am fine," Wendy weakly smiled. "Do you know why I am here and what happened earlier?

It took some minutes for Seulgi to answer.

"No, I think I was sleeping when you came here," the eldest replied.

"Where are these Satans?" Wendy asked and stood up from the sofa.

"They went out," Seulgi walked even closer to Wendy. "Can't you remember what happened?" Wendy shook her head, and noticed that Seulgi looked pleased, or it only seemed to her.

"I think I need to do my work," Wendy said out of the blue but soon freezed. "What is my job by the way?"

Seulgi was staring at Wendy for some minutes before saying what the younger definitely didn't expect.

"Wendy, I think you need to see a doctor," Seulgi worriedly looked at her friend. "You are having some problems with your memory, and I am worried about you."

"No need to worry, bear. I am perfectly fine, I think its temporary, besides-"

Wendy was interrupted by a sound of closing door. She quickly walked to the front door and saw Sooyoung and Yerim, changing their shoes.

"Good morning, unnie," Yerim greeted her. "How was your nap after a tiring day?"

"Tiring day?" Wendy asked. "Did I told you what happened?"

"Why are you asking?" Sooyoung put her shoes on a shelf before darting her gaze to Wendy.

"She can't remember what happened before she woke up, do you know something, kids?" Seulgi leaned against the wall.

Sooyoung looked at Yerim and mouthed her something about her pills.

"Well..." Yerim started, her voice was full of guilt or maybe not so full. "You were shouting at Sooyoung and I gave you my sleeping pills, and you knocked out... The end," Yerim ran to her room with Seulgi trying to catch her.

Wendy frowned. Shouting at Sooyoung?

"Sooyoung," she called and looked at the younger girl, who was trying to escape like Yerim. "Don't escape. I just want to know what happened."

Sooyoung coughed and nervously smiled but after seeing her unnie being serious, she became serious too.

"Do you really forget it?" Wendy nodded. "Well today at 6 am you came here and asked me about a girl named Irene. You told me that she was your girlfriend, and also you called me a dumb one by the way-"

"What Irene?" Wendy interrupted.

"I don't know," Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders. "You said that she was Yerim's best friend. You also shouted at me and told me that I was lying when I said that I don't know where's Irene. You were acting strange, so we thought that you need to sleep, and Yerim gave you her sleeping pills and yes, you knocked out."

Wendy looked shocked. My girlfriend? Irene? What the hell?!

"I-i think I just... I just... I don't know anything," Wendy shook her head in disbelief. "I don't remember Irene, and the whole situation."

"Maybe you should rest more, unnie?" Sooyoung suggested and patted Wendy's head. "I think you just overworked yourself and all this happened."

"Y-yeah, maybe you are right," Wendy hesitated. "I'll go sleep now then in my apartment. Thank you for telling me everything, Sooyoung."

"I'm you friend, don't forget at least this," Sooyoung smirked and opened the door. "Get well soon and came here to hang out!"

Wendy went out and smiled to Sooyoung. When the door was closed, she sighed. Then she turned around and entered a password on her apartment's door.

When she walked in a sudden feel of pain and sadness spread though her body. She felt her tears were falling down her face but she quickly wiped them.

"What's up with me?" Wendy asked herself.

She entered her bedroom and flopped on her bed, slowly closing her eyes. Soon the sense of fatigue filled her body and she fell asleep.

-

"Irene!"

Wendy quickly got up, the realization hit her. It was hard for her to breathe, the sweat fell down her forehead, but she didn't wipe it, because she remembered. She remembered everything that she have forgotten. She remembered Irene. Her Irene.

She stood up and tried to find Irene in her apartment, but again her girlfriend was nowhere to be found. Wendy wanted to ask her friends, but soon understood that they don't know where is Irene either. They didn't remember Irene at all.

Wendy decided to stay calm, because she was sure that she will find Irene. At lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter