Chapter 15

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sooyoung have woken up!" Yerim shouted as she opened the door of Wendy's room and quickly ran away.

Wendy furrowed, trying to understand what have her friend said. When she realized it, she threw the papers with Kim Jisoo's profile, that she read again and again, and left the room, following Yerim. 

It's been three days since Soojung told Wendy about Joohyun-Jisoo. And it's been also three days since Joohyun left. Wendy was worried, but also felt betrayed. How could Joohyun or Jisoo tell her lies? But Wendy called Taeyeon and asked if she can post another article about Joohyun. Taeyeon offered her to call the police. But Soojung forbid Wendy to do so.

"They are looking for Irene now," Soojung said, when Wendy told her about her plan. "Don't you think that requesting them to find a person who looks like Irene is a bit crazy thing to do? They will think that you are insane, and they will lock you in the hospital for psychopaths."

"But how will I find her?" Wendy asked. "I need to talk to her, to ask her about everything."

"I know," Soojung replied. "But you need to rest know. I promise, I'll help you to find her."

Wendy entered the room and saw Sooyoung laughing at something with Yerim. When the latter saw her, she stopped laughing and smiled to Wendy.

"Hey, Seungwan unnie," Sooyoung greeted her and patted the space on her bed, inviting Wendy to sit down. "It's been a while, right?"

Wendy smiled back and ran to Sooyoung to hug her friend. She remembered her feelings, when she saw the blood on her hands and when she realized what happened in the park. Wendy understood how much she loves her friends, her close friends.

"I thought, I lost you," Wendy whispered.

"It's not that easy to kill me," Sooyoung laughed again and slightly pushed Wendy. "Have you found out who failed to kill me?"

Wendy shook her head.

"The police is searching, but still couldn't find him.

-

Wendy talked with Sooyoung and her friends until the evening. She decided to check her phone after talking, and saw a message from Soojung. 

"I am waiting for you in your room. I need to tell you something." 9:32 p.m.

Wendy glanced at her watch to check the time.

10:03 p.m.

"," Wendy cursed and ran to her room. 

When she entered the room, she saw Soojung reading Kim Jisoo's profile on her bed. The model looked up, when Wendy approached to her.

"Sorry, I didn't see your message," Wendy apologized and sat next to Soojung.

"Oh, it's nothing," Soojung said and smiled. "Sooyoung have woken up! It's great!"

Wendy kept silence, waiting for Soojung to continue talking and telling her about what she was writing in message.

"So about this message," Soojung finally said. "I know you won't like it, bit I need to inform you that..."

Soojung stopped, probably because she was too nervous to tell something to Wendy.

"I'll be alright," Wendy calmed her down. "I'm listening."

"The thing is that-" Soojung took a deep breathe. "Joohyun is dead."

"What?" Wendy shouted in disbelief.

"I tried to find her like I promised you," Soojung continued. "So I asked my friend-policeman to help me. And he found her body in the forest. Someone shot her."

"Shot? Again?" 

Soojung nodded.

Wendy wanted so badly to cry, because she has lost her friend. She knew that Joohyun told lies to her, pretending like she was Bae Joohyun, Irene's twin sister, but still Wendy liked Joohyun. She liked every second that she spent with her. Wendy was sure that Joohyun had her reasons to tell lies. 

"Do you think it's the same person who shot Sooyoung?" Wendy asked, looking blankly at the floor.

"Yes?" Sooyoung replied with some uncertainty. "I mean, isn't that strange that someone is trying to kill you and Joohyun? On that day, in the park, someone was trying to kill you, not Sooyoung. She just suddenly hugged you. They've killed Joohyun or Jisoo, whatever, so it means that you are the next target. You need to be careful."

Soojung gave Wendy something in the bag.

"What's it?" Wendy asked, but then looked in the bag herself. "My gun? Are you crazy? We are in the hospital!" 

"Shhh," Soojung covered . "Do you want everyone here to know that? I thought you need some protection, so I asked Seulgi to give me your keys from the apartment and I took your gun."

Wendy shoved the gun under the pillow. And looked at Soojung again. She thought about something really crazy. And she wanted to do that.

"I want to break into Tiffany's house," Wendy blurted out. When Soojung was about to ask something, Wendy added. "I feel like she is the head of all this."

"Are you sure?" Soojung worriedly asked. 

Wendy nodded.

"Now," Wendy said and Soojung's eyes became even wider. "I want to go now."

Soojung wanted to ask her, but she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, let's do it," Soojung agr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter