Chapter 9

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She died. Wendy, Irene is dead."

It was like a bolt from the blue to Wendy. She gasped and freezed. She couldn't understand anything. Why did Irene die? How have Joohyun known it? Irene couldn't die. She just couldn't.

"How?" Wendy quietly asked, still hugging Joohyun.

"S-she got into the car accident," Joohyun mumbled, pointing at her broken phone. "My mom called me and said that her car fell into the ravine."

Wendy opened her eyes wide. Irene didn't even had car license. 

"Are you sure it's her?" The brunette hugged Joohyun tighter in case she will say what Wendy didn't want to hear. 

"They did a DNA test and everything matched," Joohyun answered with a trembled voice. "Wendy, the possibility of a mistake is one in a million. The funerals will be on Friday. I need to go to Daegu tomorrow."

Wendy still wasn't sure if Irene was really dead, but she felt like something had broken in her heart. Like someone had taken the part of her heart, her life. She suddenly felt so empty, that she just left Joohyun and entered her room. There she sat on the floor and tears began to flow down her face. Wendy couldn't believe that only everything bad happens to her now. 

She was crying until the morning, so did Joohyun. Wendy heard Joohyun sobbing at 6 am. She stood up and slowly opened Joohyun's door. The blonde was still sitting on the floor, hugging her knees. 

"I will go to Daegu with you," Wendy said, looking at Joohyun's swollen eyes. She was sure, that she looked like this right now, but she didn't care. She need to know if this is true. If Irene really died. 

Joohyun stood silent, but nodded her head. Then she continued staring at the wall. Her tears never formed in her eyes, because there were none of them left.

When Wendy was going to hug Joohyun again, she heard a doorbell. The brunette glanced at the blonde and dragged herself to the door.

"Hey, unnie! What are yo-" Yerim noticed Wendy's red and swollen eyes. "What happened? Another sad drama?"

The brunette shook her head.

"I will explain later," She said, closing the door.

Yerim stared at the door, proceeding what Wendy had told her. When she heard footsteps that were growing apart from her, the short haired girl returned to her apartment.

Yerim called her unnies and when they had gathered together, she began to explain what happened.

Of course Seulgi already knew it. She listened to every dialog that Joohyun and Wendy had. And actually it surprised her.  

-

At the evening Joohyun and Wendy packed their belongings and left to Daegu. 

They never spoke to each other on their way. And it wasn't uncomfortable. They knew that they need time to chill, to rest. They are going to attend Irene's funeral and it was stressing, physically and morally. 

When they entered Joohyun's house, Mrs Bae greeted them. She was all black and her eyes were swollen too.

"Joohyun, I'm so glad that you came," After they hugged, Mrs Bae looked at Wendy. "Who is this young lady?"

Joohyun answered before Wendy could even open to reply.

"She is my friend from Seoul," she quickly inserted. "We live together, so I can save up some money."

Wendy understood that Joohyun didn't want her to say that she is, or as for now was, Irene's girlfriend. It will possibly shock their mom, and the brunette decided to play along.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Bae," she bowed. "My name is Wendy."

Mrs Bae nodded and smiled as she could, when she was about to reply, a guy entered the hall.

"Hello, Joohyun," he said and hugged the blonde. Wendy felt as a jealous feeling was forming in her. "Long time no see."

This guy was handsome and pretty, but not in Wendy's taste, because first of all he was a guy. She looked at them hugging, and wanted to roll her eyes. Who the hell is he?

Joohyun noticed Wendy's disgruntled face and took some steps back, blushing.

"Wendy, it's Bogum," she introduced, before adding something Wendy haven't expect. "He is Irene's boyfriend."

The brunette looked at Joohyun back, raising her eyebrow. The latter understood that she had to do something and she grabbed Wendy's hand and dragged her away.

"We need to talk," she excused herself and entered some room.

As they were there, Wendy wanted to argue, but noticed that she was in Joohyun and probably Irene's room, because there were some photos of them on the walls. She took a photo of two little girls cuddling with each oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter