Chapter 4

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Irene's sister called her," Seulgi said, putting away the device she was holding.

 

She heard a sigh on the other line.

 

"What were they talking about?" The woman calmly asked. It didn't seem like she was bothered.

 

"About saving Earth from apocalypse of course," Seulgi angrily answered. "What can they even talk about except Irene?"

 

"So what was the content of their conversation?" Seulgi heard a question again.

 

"She said that the woman on the picture was her sister. She said that she can prove it. And she did it, I guess."

 

"How did she prove it?"

 

"I don't know. She sent a photo," Seulgi said, looking at her locked door.

 

"You didn't see the photo?" The woman was a bit confused.

 

"I don't have an access to her laptop," Seulgi replied, lying on her bed. "Your people haven't hacked it yet."

 

After careful thoughts the woman began to speak again.

 

"Okay, I'll deal with it," she finally said. "Try to see what that picture is. And immediately call me after, understand?"

 

"Yes, unnie," Seulgi answered. "Anything else?"

 

"Two cheeseburgers and soda," so-called unnie joked and laughed.

 

"I haven't heard you laughing for years, you should do it more often," the bear suggested. "You were so happy with her. Why did you leave her? You know, that she was trying to find you like Wendy is doing now. "

 

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, Seulgi," the woman signed. "Just keep your eyes on Seungwan and keep making notes about her condition. Get it?"

 

"Yes, Tiff unnie," Seulgi sadly said and hung up.

 

-

 

Wendy was staring at Irene's photo for some minutes. Her eyes hurt but she couldn't stop staring. There was an eager gleam in her eyes, her face was neutral, just as Irene's character. It was Irene. Irene was real.

 

The brunette stood up, holding her laptop and never stopping staring at the photo. She slowly went out of her apartment and knocked her neighbor's door.

 

Seulgi was the first one, who reached the door and opened it. Partly because she knew that Wendy will come and because it was late and she was still up.

 

"Wendy, what happened?" Seulgi asked as Wendy entered apartment while staring at the monitor like a zombie.

 

"Call the kids, please," Wendy mumbled and went to the living room.

 

Seulgi rushed to Sooyoung and Yerim's room, a smile was on her face.

 

"Hey, you two!" She shouted, shaking her sleeping friends. "Wendy came and she wants to show something!"

 

The two satans began to push Seulgi's hands away.

 

"Let me sleep," Yerim groaned. "Wendy unnie can wait."

 

"Yes," Sooyoung agreed. "Tell Seungwan unnie to wait until morning."

 

"No, go out now," the eldest said but the two didn't move. "Okay, as you like."

 

She entered the bathroom and took a cup of cold water. After she approached to the sleeping kids, and spilled the water on them.

 

"What the hell are you doing, bumbear?!" Sooyoung shouted and fell on the floor.

 

Yerim fell on the floor too, wiping the water on her face.

 

"You could just ask us to wake up!" Yerim said. "You didn't have to do all this!"

 

"Believe me, I had to," Seulgi smirked. "We are waiting for you in the living room. Hurry up."

 

Seulgi left the room, ignoring Sooyoung's and Yerim's curses. She headed to the living room, where Wendy was. When Wendy noticed Seulgi, she smiled and moved on the sofa for the bear to sit.

 

Soon Sooyoung and Yerim were in the living room with their hair and some parts of pyjamas wet.

 

"What happened?" Sooyoung worriedly asked as she saw Wendy staring at the monitor.

 

"I think... I think I found her," Wendy  whispered, giving her laptop to her friends.

 

"Oh, gods, is that Irene?" Yerim asked and Wendy nodded. "Wow. She is beautiful and hot."

 

"I agree with her," Sooyoung said, looking at the photo. "How did she ever agreed to be your girlfriend? I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter