Chapter 10

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV

We've been listening to that voice mail for some hundreds times? I don't know. Both of us were sure that it was Irene's voice, so that means that Irene is alive and someone wanted us to think that she is dead. I checked the phone number, but neither of us knew whose number it was.

"It's getting late," I heard as Joohyun stood up. "We need to sleep. Tomorrow you'll meet Soojung."

And about Soojung. She wrote about place and time of our meeting. I hope she will be the person whom I can trust.

I stood up and was about to leave Joohyun's room, when I felt a grip on my wrist. 

"Stay with me, please," Joohyun looked at me with pleading eyes. "I need someone to sleep with tonight."

"T-to sleep?" I almost choked.

Joohyun's face began to flush.

"I didn't mean in that way, you purv!" Joohyun said and looked anywhere, but me. "I just want you to stay with me, because I feel lonely." 

I was a bit took off guard, but she looked so cute right now. How can I say no? Just when I opened my mouth to answer, I remembered what happened before Soojung called me. I felt how my cheeks began to blush. Joohyun stared at me, not understanding anything or maybe she did, but saved her stone face.

"I don't think it's a good idea," I finally said and headed to the door. When I turned around to say goodnight to Joohyun, I noticed her sad expression that was on her face.

"I'm sorry," she looked down.

"For what?" 

"For kissing you earlier," both of us were as red as it could be. I was glad that she wasn't looking at me.

"Let's forget that," I offered and opened the door. "As you said, what's done is done. Good night, Joohyun."

I left the room before she could speak and headed to the room, that was given for me to stay. The room was pretty small, but enough for me to spend one night there. I laid on the bed and sighed. I do feel something towards Joohyun or I did, before I heard Irene's voice. Her voice made me to think that I was cheating on her, so it made everything worse. I loved Irene, and at the same time I have some feelings for Joohyun.

After some thoughts I decided to pay attention to that Soojung that called me earlier. I grabbed my phone and searched her name in Google. I found something that shocked me.

Jung Soojung was a rich woman. Actually she was pretty famous model and she was really beautiful. I can't believe that she was my classmate.

Tomorrow I have to meet her in Seoul, so I need to sleep. Or try to sleep. Joohyun is staying at home in Daegu for some days, it means that I will meet Soojung alone. I was sad when Joohyun said that she couldn't go with me. Joohyun was something like my power. I feel confidence whenever I'm with her. I won't deny the fact that she gives me strength to  do whatever I am doing. But I need to learn how to be confident by myself.

I covered my body with the blanket and closed my eyes. I don't know how much time passed until I fell asleep, but I was glad that I finally entered the dream world.

-

I nervously glanced at my phone to check the time.

I was in the cafe inside one of the most prestigious model agency. I don't know why Soojung invited me to meet here, because I felt uncomfortable. There were some people around and they looked rich, they wore clothes that cost more than my two apartments. While I was dressed in a flannel shirt and ripped jeans. Quite simple, right?

I was distracted from my thought when someone sat opposite me. I looked up and saw Soojung. I knew how she looked like because I made some researchers yesterday. 

"Hello, Wendy," Soojung said and I noted that she had a cute voice.

"Hey, Soojung," I greeted her back, but it was a bit awkward. I was sitting near a famous model that turned out to be my ex classmate and close friend.

"How are you doing?" She asked me with a smile.

"I'm fine, thank you," I blushed, because she was hella beautiful, and I was...uhm I was, yeah.

"Do you want to ask me something before we'll begin to talk about Irene? I can help you to remember what you had forgot." Soojung offered.

Actually I had some questions that bothered me, so if she was that kind and nice, why not?

"Sure," she looked at me attentively. "How close we were?"

"We were very close," Soojung simply answered, but when she noticed that I expect her to say more, she continued. "We became neighbours, when I moved with my family to Seoul. You were with Seulgi, so we three became very close. Do you remember her?"

I frowned when i heard my best friend's name. Everything should be connected to Seulgi, right? I wasn't hesitating about Seulgi, I knew that she had to do something with all this, but I'm not going to confront her, just letting her spill the tea. If she really appreciate out friendship, then she will spill it.

"Yes," I replied and Soojung pouted, I think it because she felt sad that I don't remember her, but I do remember Seulgi. "But I don't remember our childhood. I don't remember everything that happened to me before the time when I got in the car accident. After the car accident I realized that I don't remember some things well."

"It's sad, isn't it?" I nodded and Soojung smiled again. "I want to help you to get your memories back. You helped me a lot when we were young."

"Thank you, Soojung," I was really touched and sad that I've forgot that kind friends of mine. "What do you want to do?"

"First of all, have you visited the Seoul's hospital recently?" Soojung asked and I surprisingly looked at her.

"No...well I don't think I did, because there was no need," I replied.

"The thing is when I was in the hospital two days ago I heard someone mentioning your name and something about an experiment that you are taking part in," Soojung hurriedly explained.

What? Of course I wasn't taking part in any experiment. 

"I'm not," I slowly answered. I was took off guard, why do someone mentioned me in a hospital where I've never been?

"I couldn't see the face of a person, but it was woman," the model added. "I want to use my status and ask some people about that experiment there."

"You don't have to do that," I said, I was already touched when she told me about this, I don't want her to take part in everything this. I was afraid to spoil her model reputation.

"I know I don't have to," Soojung took my hand in hers. "But I want. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter