Chapter 6

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We got caught."

Tiffany almost fell on the floor as she heard it, but she quickly calmed down and coughed.

"What do you mean 'we got caught'?" She was trying to show Seulgi that there's nothing to be worry about.

"Irene...no, that Joohyun, s-she did that, what to do now?" Seulgi mumbled.

"What?" Seulgi sounded super worried, and so do Tiffany now, but she couldn't show it. She had to pretend being strong. "Calm down, Seulgi. What happened? Explain me, but calmly, I don't get anything when you speak quietly like this."

"They were talking about Wendy's memories, and then Joohyun found your listening device," Seulgi explained, going back and forth like crazy.

"Did she find only one?"

"Yes, but I think they will search and find more," Seulgi looked at the monitor and opened her eyes widely. "They are doing this now. Tiffany, it's dangerous. We should do something."

"I know, I'm thinking right now," Tiffany glanced at her clock. "Can you distract them? I have a plan."

"How long do I need to distract them?"

"As long as you can," the eldest took her other phone and pressed a certain button.

"Okay. But you better to be fast."

-

"What?" Wendy took a small device. "Is this a listening device? Are you sure?"

Joohyun looked around the room, trying to see more.

"I'm not," she shook her head. "But it's either listening device or camera."

"Why is it here?" Wendy couldn't understand what a listening device or camera is doing here. It's not like she could buy it.

"I am the one who should ask you this question," Joohyun glanced at confused Wendy. "I think that there are more."

"What should we do?"

"Try to find as much as we can," Joohyun simply answered and stood up. "I think that it will help us to find Irene too."

"In what way can it help us?" Wendy followed Joohyun's movements.

"Don't you understand?" the blonde turned to Wendy. "You haven't bought it, right?" Wendy nodded. "It means that someone is monitoring us. I feel like it's connected with Irene's disappearance."

"What?"

Joohyun quickly approached to a window and got another small device. 

"It's a camera, I'm sure," Joohyun put it in her pocket and continued searching.

Wendy watched as Joohyun ran around living room and picked everything she found suspicious. As Joohyun was going to leave the living room and enter another room, the doorbell rang. 

Joohyun looked at the door, and approached to it with Wendy following behind. Then the brunette opened the door, slightly pushing Joohyun back.

"Seulgi?" Wendy saw her friend who seemed to be worried.

"Sooyoung," Seulgi only said, trying to find an excuse to distract Wendy and Joohyun. "She got in a car accident. I got a call right now. And they said that she got in a car accident."

"What? Where is she?" Seulgi shrugged her shoulders and Wendy took her hand. "Let's go find her."

Wendy dragged Seulgi to the elevator, but soon realized something.

"Joohyun," she called and saw the blonde standing and watching her. "Do you want to come with us?"

Joohyun hesitated, clutching her found devices in the pocket. She didn't know Sooyoung as much as Wendy did, but she felt like Sooyoung was important for Wendy. She couldn't ignore it.

"Let's go," she said and closed the door. 

They entered the elevator and Wendy introduced Joohyun to Seulgi. Then when they left the elevator, Wendy called Sooyoung, but the latter didn't pick up, what made Wendy even worried.

They ran around the building and stopped by the nearest shops and cafes. But there was no sight of Sooyoung. 

"Try to call Yerim," Joohyun offered and ran in the direction of the bus stop. 

Wendy dialed Yerim's number and after some line ringings the girl picked up.

"Hello?" 

"Yerim? Where is Sooyoung?" Wendy asked and called Seulgi, who was not so far from her.

"She is sitting next to me," Yerim answered. "Why?"

Wendy looked at Seulgi who looked back with confused face. 

"Where are you two?" Wendy ignored Yerim's question.

"We are going home, near the bus stop. Don't say that you lost Joohyun."

"I didn't."

"Then why is she standing at the bus stop, looking like she is trying to find something?"

"Go to your apartment, I'm waiting for you three there. Hurry up," Wendy hung up and after putting her phone in the pocked, she looked at Seulgi.

"Sooyoung is perfectly fine," she said to Seulgi, who already knew that. "Who told you that?"

"I don't know," Seulgi lied. "Someone called me and said this."

"Give me your phone, I'll call that brat back," Wendy reached out her hand, waiting for Seulgi's phone. She knew that Seulgi wasn't good at arguing or talking, so she wanted to help her.

"D-don't," Seulgi took a step back. "I'll call this person later. Let's wait for the kids with Joohyun."

Wendy raised her eyebrow. Seulgi is acting very strange recently, but she decided to leave it up to her.

-

"So someone called you and said that I got in the car accident?" Sooyoung asked and as Seulgi slowly nodded, she began to laugh.

"Is that funny?" Wendy glared at Sooyoung and the latter stopped laughing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter