Chapter 7

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy didn't want to tell Joohyun, that Byulyi said that Irene wasn't real. It was meaning that if Irene wasn't real then Joohyun's sister wasn't real too. The brunette didn't want Joohyun to suffer, but she deserved to know the truth. So Wendy told her everything when she came back home.

"Uhm, pardon me, but I won't believe in everything that Byulyi said," Joohyun stated.

"Do you think that she was lying?" Wendy asked, surprised by Joohyun's confidence.

"No, but it doesn't mean that she is right. Look, if you think that she is right, I suggest you to lock yourself in the bathroom and cry until the robots take over the earth," Joohyun joked, but Wendy understood that she wasn't going to believe in every single word that Byulyi will say.

"She said that you can be the product of my imagination too."

Joohyun laughed.

"Let's think about it seriously, okay?"

Wendy only nodded, thinking about what to say. She liked being with Joohyun. When Wendy had times like this, when she didn't know whom to trust, Joohyun always helped her to get out of that mess. She helped her to look at things forms different sides. Without Joohyun Wendy would become a total psychopath.

"What about listening devices and cameras?" Wendy asked looking around. "Have you found more?"

Joohyun sadly shook her head. 

"I haven't," she said and took out the divices, she found earlier. "We have 11 listening devices and 7 cameras."

"Are you sure about it?" Wendy picked one small black device that reminded her of raisin, but smaller.

"Yes, I called my friend, who knows that things well," Joohyun showed Wendy another device. "This is a camera. But it's not a usual camera. It turns on, when it feels temperature fluctuations. We have rich enemies."

"What do you mean?" Wendy asked.

"Please, Wendy, turn on your brain for some minutes," Joohyun knocked Wendy's forehead. "You know that we are monitored. Someone hears every word we say, and sees every move we do. And about rich: cameras like this don't cost like a last version of iPhone. It costs more expensive."

Joohyun stood up and headed to her bedroom. The brunette was still sitting in the kitchen and thinking about what Joohyun had just said. If that really was connected to Irene, then they are a step closer to find her. Wendy's thoughts were interrupted by Joohyun's yelling. She quickly stood up and ran to Joohyun's room.

"What happened?" she asked as she enter the room.

"Have you came in my room recently?" Joohyun questioned and looked around her room.

"No," Wendy honesty replied. "Why?"

"My luggage," the blonde pointed at her purple case that was in the corner of her room. "It stands there."

"So what?"

"I haven't put it there," Joohyun said, approaching to her bed. "I put it on my bed."

"Maybe you forgot that you've put it in another place?" 

Joohyun shook her head and looked at Wendy.

"I don't have problems with my memory unlike you," she was a bit annoyed, but Wendy didn't feel insulted. Irene was sarcastic too, so she got used. "I went out today."

"Do you think that someone was here?" Joohyun slowly nodded.

"Who has access to your apartment?" the blonde asked and kicked her luggage. 

"Sooyoung, Yerim, Seulgi, me and you," Wendy replied and after some seconds of silent, she added. "Do you think that it was any of them?"

"I don't deny it too," Joohyun left her room and Wendy followed her. "We should ask them."

"Right now?" the brunette was confused.

"No," Joohyun turned around and faced Wendy. "We will ask them on the day after never. Of course now!"

With this Joohyun opened the door and came to another door. Wendy was behind her, smiling at Joohyun's sarcastic temper.

-

"!" Seulgi cursed and took off the headphones.

She grabbed her phone and called Tiffany. She was really tiered, but her work needed to be done well.

"What happened?" Tiffany immediately asked instead of her 'hello'.

"I thought you made everything you've planned yesterday."

"My people forgot to install some devices in Joohyun's room," Tiffany answered. 

"Your people are stupid," Seulgi said, looking at the monitor to see if Joohyun and Wendy had entered her apartment. "They put Joohyun's luggage on the floor and forgot to put it back on her bed. And they are here to ask me, Sooyoung and Yerim about it, because we have access to her apartment."

"Tell lie," Tiffany simply offered.

"It's hard," Seulgi heard footsteps outside. "Joohyun is like mind reader. I feel uncomfortable when she stares at me. Yesterday she went to the bus stop, and after some minutes she met Sooyoung and Yerim. Just like she knew they will be there. And she is very clever. She didn't believe in what Byulyi said to Wendy."

"Oh, that makes everything complicated," Tiffany didn't underestimate Joohyun. "Can you preten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter