Prologue

Lease Of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I still remember that day. The day when we've met. I was walking in the park and suddenly I heard a laugh. Not that laugh that can be compared only with the gaggle of geese. No. This laugh was different from all the laughs that I have heard in my entire life. It was angel's laugh. I followed the sound and noticed a laughing brunette that was sitting on a bench with the other short hair woman. The brunette had her back to me, so I couldn't see her face. Her friend was smirking, probably she was pleased because her joke made miss i-have-angel's-laugh almost die due to the lack of oxygen in her lungs. She was laughing for about five minutes and then she choked and began to cough. So it was short haired girl's turn to laugh. The park was filled with her laughing and brunette's coughing. I couldn't help but smile. I found a free space in a bush near the girls and went there to hide to be able to look after them. I still couldn't see the face of the brunette but I've already fallen in love with her laugh. 

"Stop laughing, you kid! You should have helped me to stop coughing!" I heard the brunette complaining.

"Oh, my bad, unnie! Next time I won't joke like this to save your life. I forgot that you are old enough to die because of the laughing," the short hair girl teased. 

"Watch your language, Yerim. I haven't raised you to be like this. Your joke was stupid by the way," miss angel's laugh pouted.

"As you say, unnie. Hey, I'm hungry! I haven't eaten for a hundred years! Let's go eat," Yerim stood up and took brunette's wrist.

"You had a dinner like," she looked at her phone screen, "half an hour ago."

"So what? How have you called me earlier? A kid, right? Kids need to eat a lot to grow faster and to be stronger!"

Yerim's friend sighed and stood up too. Then she turned around and I was speechless. 

She was so beautiful, too beautiful to be a real person. If to compare her with Aphrodite... Well Aphrodite should get some rest, because I thought I found a new Aphrodite. I'm sorry, Aphrodite unnie, but look at miss angel's laugh and goddess's face. While I was distracted by her beauty, she and Yerim had gone. 

I tried to find them in the park but failed. So I went back to my apartment. 

"Oh, is that you? Why won't you be out for some...hours, no, days more and leave me alone in our apartment?" I was greeted by that when I closed the door.

"So you could make a party here? No way I'm letting you to do so, Sooyoung," I said and entered the living room where my friend was.

Park Sooyoung was my best friend. We've known each other for some years and we were living together for two years since I bought an apartment. Sooyoung studied in a university and she begged me to let her live together, because she hates dorms. As a good and kind friend, I agreed but the regret came very soon. But it was late. So here we are staring at each other. Sooye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter