Ch 3

Right Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung opened her eyes slightly again to see what was that light. Again, she was greeted by another flash of light. Just then, she saw a camera facing her. The person who was taking the picture does not seem like he intends to be discreet about it either. "Is that.." she thought. Chaeyoung widened her eyes in shock. She turned to Jungkook and tapped him furiously.

"Wake up!!!!!!! You are being photographed!!!" she shouted in his ears. Jungkook was still unfazed. Chaeyoung tried all methods before deciding to bite his hand. That was when Jungkook finally woke up, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT??" he screamed in pain. 

"LOOK. A PAPARAZZI YOU IDIOT!" she screamed. 

Jungkook jolted from his sleep. "WHERE??" he shouted. Chaeyoung pointed at the masked man sitting nearby them. In a semi-conscious state, Jungkook unbuckled his seatbelt and rushed towards the man. 

"Delete it." Jungkook demanded. 

"I believe this is my camera." The masked man refused. 

"Then I believe that is my face." 

"I don't think that concerns me in any matter. How interesting. The most popular boy group member is out here going on a date alone after concert. If that is not newsworthy, what is?" 

Jungkook was getting furious by the second. He always hated having his pictures taken on his rest days. On normal days, he would have his manager and members to pull him back. His rash personality almost got him into trouble on other days. 

"Dating? What a joke."  Jungkook scoffed. "With who? This lady?" Jungkook pointed at Chaeyoung. "You must be joking."

Jungkook went back to his seat and forcibly pulled Chaeyoung out. Chaeyoung tried hard to loosen his grip on her but to no avail. "A lot of people are looking us, you  idiot. Let me go!" Chaeyoung plead but her words fell into deaf ears. 

"If we were to daTE, as you said so, do you think she will dress like this?" Jungkook retorted.

"Excuse me? What do you mean, like this?" Chaeyoung asked, annoyed. 

"I mean," Jungkook gulped. "If she is my girlfriend, don't you think she would have disguised herself in a way or another? Would I need to just use shades to cover myself?"

"Well, you have a point. But why would you lie on her shoulder?" the masked man asked. 

Jungkook and Chaeyoung was flustered by the question. "I lied on her shoulder?" Jungkook naively asked. 

Chaeyoung hurriedly tried to justify herself.

"Exactly! This human has no sense at all." she timidly faked a smile. "I bet you did not see what was I trying to do all these while. This mister here fell asleep and unconsciously fell on my shoulders. I tried to wake him up to move away but to no avail. I bet if there was a fire, he would be the first to die."

"HEY" Jungkook yelled. 

"As you can see, on his hand, there's still a fresh bite mark. Well, I was honestly disturbed by his sleeping habits. I tried and tried to ask him to move." Chaeyoung faked a cry. "But he did not budge at all. It was so uncomfortable I decided to bite his hand to wake him up. Do you think that would happen if he is my boyfriend?" 

Everyone was starting to see her point.

"A couple would definitely let each other sleep on their partner's shoulders. You get me?" Chaeyoung added. "So, if you don't mind, can you remove that picture? I really do not wish to be a victim of his obnoxious fans just because of somebody I just met today on a plane." she sobbed.

"Well, why should I? What do I get in return?" the masked man asked. 

"You just wanted money out of us, that's all." Jungkook scoffed, earning a smack from Chaeyoung. 

"I don't know what can you get out of making a news out of us too. You know how many fans he has in this world? With that much influence he has, do you think you can survive? Let's just settle it with money then. Deal or no deal?" Chaeyoung negotiated.

The masked man gave her suggestion a serious thought. "Deal."

 

The plane had finally touched the grounds of Seoul. Everyone starts to make their way out of the arrival hall. “Nice going.” Jungkook purposely bumped into Chaeyoung, causing her to almost trip. Jungkook puts on his shades as he walk away with his arms crossed. He had his mouth covered with a mask, seemingly to hide from fans. Still crossed over what happened, he was unwilling to entertain his surroundings. 

Chaeyoung picked up her pace to catch up with Jungkook. “Are you a woman?” 

Jungkook stared at her, unamused. 

“So petty.” She let out a long sigh. Chaeyoung hurriedly stood infront of Jungkook to hold him back. “Look, would you rather be on the news the minute you reach Seoul?” 

Annoyed, Jungkook pulled off the mask off his face. “LOOK!” he shouted, pointing to his reddened cheek. “If I am scarred, you’re dead.” 

Chaeyoung let out a laughter, making Jungkook furrow his eyebrows. “What are you laughing at?” 

Still laughing, Chaeyoung tried to apologise. “Sorry, that was actually a need. We need props for acting, you know.”

“Props??!” Jungkook exclaimed. “We could have just ended the entire thing with me paying money. You just had to turn around and give me a tight slap?” 

“Well, the paparazzi didn’t looked convinced with our story. I had to do something, you know.” Chaeyoung pouted. 

“Did you just-” Jungkook stopped. “Forget it. BUT YOU ALREADY BIT MY HAND YOU IDIOT.”

“That’s because you weren’t waking up‼!” 

“That don’t justify anything. I’m telling you. If you don’t compensate me for the amount of hurt I received, good luck in facing my millions of fans.” Jungkook grins. 

“Oh really?” Chaeyoung took a few steps back. “In this phone, there’s one exclusive video where I guess I can share with your fans after all.” Chaeyoung pretends to scroll her gallery as she slowly makes her escape. “I guess showing them how their idol snored in his sleep would be entertaining AND it would go viral within minutes. Wanna bet?” 

Jungkook was about to snatch her phone away but failed. Chaeyoung ran as fast as she could to the bag collection corner. 

Despite having short legs, she made it on time as her bag came out just in time to run away. Chaeyoung grabbed her bag and hurriedly ran off. Jungkook wanted to chase her but he has yet to collect his bag. He was getting anxious by the second. His mind was filled with the thought of his video being published to the world. 

At last, a black limited edition Leah’s luggage made its way out. Jungkook instantly grab his luggage and put it on the floor. Jungkook was about to leave to chase after Chaeyoung but something caught his eye. A customised lock that looks too girlish to be on his luggage. Jungkook squatted to take a better look at the lock.

The lock had a name and a number customised. It has “Chaeyoung” written on it. Jungkook grins. 

“Have you found her?” a voice asked through the telephone. 

“Not yet, Imo.” A dashing young man answered as he looked around in the arrival hall. “Don’t worry. I told her I will pick her up.” 

“Thank you, Jongin-ah. Remember to bring her back before dinner. I know she definitely would want to go somewhere first.” 

“I will bring her. Don’t worry. I think I saw her. Goodbye for now!” Jongin quickly hang up to run after Chaeyoung who seemed to behave sneakily. 

“YO!” Jongin tapped Chaeyoung’s shoulder hard. 

Chaeyoung froze. Thinking it was Jungkook, she started running away without turning back. 

“YAH PARK CHAERI.” Jongin shouted. “WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?” Chaeyoung stopped running and turned back to see her one and only cousin, Kim Jongin. Only he would call her Chaeri. It sounded like Cherry, that’s why.  She did not look too happy, though. Jongin scurried over to her and smiled. “Welcome back.” he said. 

“I told you not to pick me up.” Chaeyoung clutched the luggage’s handle. “I am not going back. Yet.”

“Imo is a genius. She knew it. That is why I am here.” 

“I want to be alone.” Chaeyoung firmly stated. “Go home.” 

“No. You and I know very well what you want to do. For that reason, I can’t let you go.” Jongin grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand with one hand and her luggage with another. “If you have to go there, go with me. Or else, we are going home.”

Chaeyoung knew if she resisted, it would look bad but Jongin will definitely not let go either. His grip alone was enough to pull her away. She could only comply. “Fine.” she unwilling agreed. 

“Jungkook-ah, how was your trip?” Hyosin, BTS’s manager, asked as he make a right turn. 

“Nothing much.” Jungkook casually popped a candy to his mouth. 

“Then, why is your cheek red?” 

“This?” Jungkook pointed to his cheek. “Nothing. I just slept too well in the flight the redness is just not going away as quick as I thought.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter