Part 20

Summer in My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Call From Japan

“To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” –Barbara Bush

 

“The response to the intro is awesome.”

“Yeah, you look really cool, Namjoon.”

“The old concept reminds me of our first year debuted,”

“We’ll fly to US tomorrow, right?”

Yoongi checked his phone, he marked the calendar. Tomorrow they’ll go to US and prepares their comeback at SNL. He hasn’t told Ji Kyo yet, they can’t meet each other for almost a week since the girl moves to her new apartment. When he called her, he forgot to tell her about his schedule and just catching up with her. Talking about how's their day. Something that makes him feels normal.

“Hyung, can we follow you to visit Ji Kyo noona?”Yoongi looks to his left and find three youngest members looking at him.

“Why would you visit her?”

“We miss her, hyung.”

“Go and pack your stuff for tomorrow!”

“They did, Yoongi. They know you’ll say that,”Seokjin comes in with a cup of noodle in his hand.

“Let us meet her, hyung. We haven’t seen each other for almost a month when you can meet her anytime,”Namjoon suggests.

“Because she’s my girlfriend, not yours.”Yoongi answered smugly.

“See? I’ll ask Ji Kyo noona to run away from you!”Hoseok said, joining them.

Yoongi stand up, and walk out of the room. The six others only looking at him in awe. He would never let them see her again. Three youngest members are sulking. They can’t even contacted Ji Kyo because Yoongi deleted her contact number on their phone. Min Yoongi is the only one that has her contact.

“What are you doing here?”Yoongi comes again after a few minutes and looking at them. Annoyed.

“They’re sulking, and we don’t have other things to do.”Hoseok answered for them while pointing to the youngest three.

“I’ll leave you if you’re not coming,”

Then they rushed out from the room.

 

 

“As much as I like the way you’re thinking, this is not healthy, Ji Kyo”Yoo Ra said, she puts a band aid on Ji Kyo’s forehead carefully.

“I can manage this,”Ji Kyo reassures her with a smile. She looks tired.

“No, you can’t. You better tell him,”

“He is busy with their comeback. I’m happy that their comeback trailer can catch many attention.”

“But-“

“Please, don’t tell him. He’ll blame himself again, and I don’t want that to happen”Yoo Ra sighs at Ji Kyo’s plead.

There’s someone that always hurt Ji Kyo on her way coming home from work. It isn’t that dangerous like before. But Yoo Ra always think that Yoongi needs to know. She’s afraid if Ji Kyo didn’t do anything about it, that sasaeng will do more severe injuries to her. Before saying anything, Ji Kyo’s phone buzzing on the table. The girl picks up the call.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Where are you?”a soft smile appears on Ji Kyo’s face.

“Just arrived at home. How’s your day?”Ji Kyo startled when she hears her doorbell rang.

She walks towards the door, and sees Yoongi and the others are standing there with their masks and caps on. Too much to cover up. Everyone will know that they’re celebrities. She opens the door for them.

“I miss you, noona!”Jimin launches and hugs her. Ji Kyo grunted a little, but the pained expression on her face can’t go unnoticed by Seokjin that stand right behind Jimin.

“What happened to you?”he asked.

“Uh, I’m okay. Just a little tired,”Ji Kyo answered.

“Someone has tried to hurt her for the past two weeks,”Ji Kyo turns and glares at her best friend.

“What?!”Yoongi comes forward, and checking his girlfriend's condition. He sees the bandage on her forehead, he checked her sleeves and found some bruise there.

“Let’s sit down first, okay?”Ji Kyo said. Yoongi just nods and following her inside.

“You can eat snacks in the kitchen, or Seokjin oppa can cook anything. I need to speak with Yoongi,”

“Okay. Take your time, Ji Kyo. I’ll take care of them,”Seokjin said.

“I need to go. I’ll inform Mr. Han for you, okay?”Yoo Ra gets her bag, and excuse herself.

Yoongi and Ji Kyo moving towards Ji Kyo’s room. They sit side by side on her bed. No one talking for a few minutes before Ji Kyo’s hand hits the desk beside her bed.

“Let me see your hand,”Ji Kyo gives her hand. Yoongi rolls her sleeves and see the purple bruise on her hand. He let out a heavy breath.

“Can you explain to me?”

“Someone comes to my work place, and put a prank on me. Throwing eggs at the car, and other things. I don’t know who it is, but that person always knows where I am, and what I did at a certain time. I received a letter, it says that I should break up with you. That I just a disturbance for you and the group, and so on.”

“How about today?”Ji Kyo gulped.

“I fell?”she answered.

“You’re not as clumsy as Namjoon. I want the truth,”Yoongi demanded.

“A pot almost fell on my head. James saved me, and Yoo Ra drove me home.”Yoongi gritted his teeth. Anger can be seen on his face.

“See? This is why I didn’t tell you,”

“You got hurt,”he talked back to her.

“Yoongi, I’m fine. It’s nothing for me. You don’t need to worry,”

“You are hurt, Ji Kyo. And if not because of your co-workers, I won’t see you here. Maybe I’ll see you at- Oh, God forbid that,”

“I’m sorry. I should tell you sooner,”

Yoongi looking at his girlfriend attentively. Looking for another bruise that he needs to know. Thankfully, there’s no more bruise. Ji Kyo looks down, at her fidgeting fingers. Yoongi sighed at that. She looks really sorry for keeping her situation as secret from him.

“You should tell me right away,”he said softly, laying his back on her soft bed.

“I’m sorry,”she repeats again. Yoongi shuts his mouth and just staring at her. He won't talk about this today. But he’ll do something to prevent the same accident happen again.

“Do you remember that you have a debt to me? For playing piano?”

“Yeah, do you want to ask the payment?”Yoongi nods. Ji Kyo mirrored his position on the bed. They’re staring at each other.

Yoongi just looking at her fondly. He’s happy that both of their relationship have been real. He’s glad that she loves him too. He’s happy that she wants to stay for him even his life isn’t normal. He won’t change for anything.

“Tell me right away when you miss me,”Ji Kyo frowned.

“You want that as the payment?”Yoongi nods again, while closing his eyes.

“You can ask more than that,”

“No, you would never tell me about your feelings. I can’t read your mind too. You’re so difficult to read.”her gaze softened. She plays with his ring. The same ring that she wears on her ring finger.

“But why?”

Yoongi opened his eyes, and looking straight at her eyes. Taking everything at this moment in his mind. To heal his own longing for her presence for the past week and another week ahead.

“So I can run straight here and be with you,”

Ji Kyo’s heart beats so fast at that. It happened a lot these days, Yoongi always blunt about his feelings towards her, but act like he doesn’t really need to inform people about it when he with them. People just know it from the way his lips create a smile every time someone mention her when he is around.

“May I ask you something?”Ji Kyo nods at his question. He still look at her softly. His hand brushed her hair and play with her hair.

“Can I tell you when I miss you? So I can run here to meet you,”

 

 

Ji Kyo comes to the living room after having a little talk with Yoongi. He fell asleep in her room, and Ji Kyo doesn’t have a heart to wake him up to have dinner. The rest of the members are still there, watching TV and munching on her food. She’s moving into her kitchen and pour herself a glass of water. She felt someone touches her shoulder.

“Oh, Can I help you?”she asked Namjoon. The tall man takes her sprite from the fridge, and standing in front of her. Gulping down his drink.

“Have you told him everything?”Ji Kyo nods.

“How’s his reaction?”

“Angry at first, but he changes the topic after I apologizing,”both of them fell in silence after that.

“Namjoon-ah, may I ask you something?”

“Sure,”

“Can you tell me what happened two years ago? I only know that there was an accident and one of the ARMY passed away, but it seems Yoongi blame himself so much and people put the blame on him.”

“You really don’t know about that?”Namjoon asks, slightly taken aback that the girl who works at one of the biggest magazine company doesn’t know about what happened two years ago.

“No. I haven’t come to Korea at that time, and still working in New York. That year was a hard time for me to move here because of my family matters, so I moved here after everything settled. May I know what happened?”Namjoon scratching his hair. He doesn’t know where to begin.

“Well, it was a hot summer two years ago. We had a little PUMA fanmeeting. We expected around fifty until a hundred ARMY’s that came, I heard our staff made mistakes and apparently there were more people than what we can imagine. It was too hot to stay indoors, so our staff planned to move to another place for the event. Unfortunately, we can’t use another place and we had another schedule after that, so our staff lets around a hundred ARMY that came first entered the venue.”he paused for a while, takes another sip of his soda before glancing at Ji Kyo who looking at him attentively.

“We didn’t know what happened after we enter the car. Before we drove away from the place, one of our managers said that Yoongi hyung was still inside the building and trapped inside. Then everything happened. We heard screeching sound, then crashing, then broken glass. After that, Yoongi hyung board the car, our manager locked the door to prevent Yoongi hyung coming down and went back. The next day, we got news that a girl from our fans got killed from the accident,”Namjoon paused before opened his mouth again,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter