Part 15

Summer in My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It might be Better this Way you can own and owned by anyone.
but you will still realize who you want to love and be loved

 

 

Yoongi took another glance at Ji Kyo. Her phone has been vibrating in the last fifteen minutes and seeing her sullen expression, Yoongi can know that she wouldn’t pick that call. She ignores it completely.

“So, Ji Kyo. I heard that you’re working as a journalist?”Yoongi’s father asking her. His hand still putting other pieces of meat into Yoongi mother's bowl. Ji Kyo softened at that sight. She shifted her gaze to Yoongi, he scrunched up his face while cut some meat that goes into her bowl.

You softie, doesn’t want to look like you care.

She chuckled at the picture in front of her. It makes three pairs of eyes turned to her.

“I’m sorry. I find this situation endearing. Both of you are a sweet couple, Mr and Mrs. Min. Now I know where yoongi get his unique personality,”

“Ah~ you’re right. My son and my husband always been like this. Can’t deliver their feelings well. But, they’re the sweetest men on this earth.”Yoongi’s mom bragging, holding Ji Kyo’s hand with her mother smiles.

“Mom, stop it!”Yoongi protested. His face is red already, his father scoffed at him while eating the last dish.

“I hope you’re not mistaken by his behaviour. I hope both of you can talk things out if you have a problem with each other, okay? I like you, Ji Kyo.”Ji Kyo only smiles at Yoongi’s mother.

“If he makes you cry, you can call me. I’ll make sure he regrets everything that he has done to you for making you cry,”now, Yoongi’s father joins. They laughed again for ganging up against Yoongi.

“Yoongi, he is your manager, isn’t he?”Yoongi and Ji Kyo turned around and found Sejin walks towards their direction. His smile is awkward, and Yoongi knows he brings bad news for him.

“I’m sorry for disturbing your dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Min, Mr. Bang asked me to fetch all of you”Sejin said when he reaches their table. Yoongi’s parents put their full attention to him.

“I need to get all of you out from here, someone leaked the information about your dinner…”he trailed off again, glancing at the younger couple that's looking at him curiously. One of them look at him purely doesn’t know anything, and one of them looking at him with the hope that everything that he thinks, is not happening.

“I prepared the car outside, we have to move quickly. Reporters are everywhere. Once more, I apologize for disturbing your time,”Sejin bows to Yoongi’s parents. They understand. Someone from this restaurant will tell the world about them. They’re really curious about Ji Kyo, and Yoongi’s mother felt all of this is her fault for not being more careful. They are following Sejin out from the restaurant.

Yoongi and his father standing side by side. Protecting Ji Kyo and Mrs. Min behind them. Sejin walking in front of them, and they greeted by a huge mass of media outside the building. Another BigHit staffs are ready in front of the door with the security. Ji Kyo’s head lowered again and again everytime camera flashes snaps at her. Yoongi turns his body and giving her his shades before wrapping his hand around her shoulder and help her entering the car.

After making sure that all of them are in the car, Sejin drove quickly from that place. Hoping that their team can distract the reporters, so they can hide for a while until BigHit makes official statement about the news.

Kyo staring outside the car tinted windows. She can’t stop thinking about what happened earlier. Their nice dinner, turns into a disaster in a blink of eyes. Yoongi noticed her anxiousness. He can’t help but felt terrible, for dragging her into his messed up life. Even when she only asked for being hidden from the media, he can’t give it to her.

“We’re here, no one followed us”Sejin’s voice waking up Ji Kyo and Yoongi’s from their daydream. They’re in front of Ji Kyo’s place. As expected, there’s no reporter here. Not yet, not before they find out everything about her.

“Ji Kyo, honey~ “Yoongi’s mother called out, she gives Ji Kyo long warming hugs when they’re coming out from the car.

“Don’t worry, Yoongi will handle all of this, okay? I’m sorry for not making sure that there’s no one will leaked our where about.”

“It’s okay, Mrs. Min. We can’t keep secret forever, right? You don’t need to be sorry,”she reassures Yoongi’s mom. The guilt is evident on the older woman’s face. Yoongi only staring at both of them.

“Come on, let Yoongi and Ji Kyo talking,”with that being said, Mrs. Min coming back inside the car with her husband. Leaving Yoongi and Ji Kyo stand across each other.

They just stand across each others, not saying anything. Can’t say anything. Everything happened so fast, until they aren’t sure that everything is real now. How can be, when from the start they’re not real?

“What should I do?”Ji Kyo said, her eyes showed confusion, and fear. Yoongi doesn’t like it. Not at all, not even a single bit. He hates when she felt insecure. She always happy and confident. He doesn’t want to be the one that caused her fall. Unconsciously, he walks towards her, and wraps his hands around her waist. Hugging her tightly. Want to make sure she knows that she won’t be alone.

“Everything will be okay. I’ll make sure of it. I’ll take care of this matter, so you don’t need to worry,”he said. Ji Kyo’s hand coming up, wrapping around Yoongi’s. She needs this hug. And listening to his voice, felt his presence around her is enough to make sure that everything will be okay. Like what he said. She believes him.

“Okay. Make sure, you’re okay too. Now it’s not only about you, it’s also about me. Don’t take all the burden to yourself, Yoongi. Tell me what to do, and I’ll do it with you,”Yoongi’s smiling at her words. This is it. This is the girl that he chooses to be next to him. The girl that understands himself, and share her thought with him.

“Arasseo. Go inside, I’ll call you later, after drops my parents at home. They have to rest before going to Daegu tomorrow,”they parted their hugs.

“Alright, tell them to have a safe trip back home. I’m sorry I can’t send them off tomorrow,”she gives him a smile.

This is enough, I can survive for tonight facing all those reporters

Yoongi watch her back, until she’s in the building. Her face can’t fade from his eyes, until he entering the car, and drove away from her place.

Someone tightening his grips on his device, after listening to their conversation from the corner of the building. His phone shows the same picture like what he showed to Yoo Ra before. He should stop when he doesn’t have a chance. He can’t stop knowing her that he let slip away from him with someone else.

 

 

Ji Kyo peeks from her office room’s curtains. Reporters are in front of their building, waiting for her. It’s indeed different from her usual morning, too different. People will come to her, greets her then talking about her behind her back. Her minds brings her back to Yoongi. She’s wondering what is he doing right now? There’s no news about them yet, it means BigHit and BTS haven’t given any explanation about this whole situat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter