Part 4

Summer in My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He used to be Happy

         Because his happiness is locked away, taken away, and part of her wants to bring it back

 

Another early morning greets Ji Kyo’s tired body. She’s whining at no one when she heard her phone ringtone ringing nonstop since thirty minutes ago. The caller seems doesn’t care about the time, and Ji Kyo decided to peeks at her bedside table. Searching her digital clock, and seeing 5:10 appears there. Well, it’s time to get up.

“Yobosaeyo?”she greets the caller, with her morning voice. The only things she can heard from the other line is the sound of someone’s breath. Slowly, she’s trying to guessing who’s the caller and conclude one name in her head.

“Hello? Are you there?”she asked again. Doesn’t dare to said the name,

“Uhm… am I bothering you?”hearing that voice, Ji Kyo smiled a little. She’s guessing right.

“Oh, no. Not at all, Yoongi-sshi. I should be awake by this time, anyway. Thank you for calling. But… what makes you calling me at this time?”

“I just wondering if you watched the press conference,”he said, his voice sounds tired. That sadness engulfed Ji Kyo’s chest. It is like there’s something tugged her heard hearing him so fulnerable. Being an idol must be really hard for him. After all the hardship that he had years before.

“What press conference?”she lied to him. She’s wondering her reason to lied about it. But hearing Yoongi let out a relieved sighs assured her that she done right thing.

“Oh, nothing. You can watch it another time. Actually, I am kinda hungry. But I can’t going out or calling for takeout, can you help me?”now she remember that this person on the other line of the phone is someone so annoying and cheeky. God help her!

“You called so I can bought a food for you? This early morning?”

“Well, can you? You’re my girlfriend, right?”Ji Kyo can even imagine his face with smirk

“Isn’t it supposed to be you that has to bribe me?”Ji Kyo retorted. She hears rustling sound on the other line before Yoongi talking again,

“What is the use of having a girlfriend, then?”at that, Ji Kyo’s expression turned into flat. She wish he can see it

“I wish you are a gay!”with that, Ji Kyo cuts the call then throw her phone on the bed.

 

 

Yoongi stared at his phone screen. His face contorted and small grin appears there. It always refreshing hearing that certain girl annoyed at him, or scold him. It makes him felt normal, and he needs it at the moment. He puts his phone near himself.

The eerie atmosphere of his own house brings back the memory of last event. He trying to closed his eyes, and hoping that sleep will come to him. But it never comes. He’s awake the whole night, and decided to rings Ji Kyo’s phone to find someone to annoys. Now, when the girl hanged up on his call, that uncomfortable feeling is coming back. Keeping him from gettinh a sleep. He closed his eyes again,

“…do you plan to keep her in secret after the last incident?”he gulps after remember that question. He didn’t know why he only stared at the reporter from Starnews. Because right after she mentioned the previous incident, he felt his body becomes numb.

“What if the same accident happened to your girlfriend?”at that question, he snapped.

“I keep her unknown to the world so I can protect her. So please, stop making rumour about me and her. Stop digging our privacy for public entertainment. Let us live like the others,”he still remembered how he beg them to leave them –leave him- alone and forget about the past accident. They just ignored him.

“Do you even thinking about that probability? Someone might be killed again,”it silenced him. No, he never thought about that probability. He just wanted everything stopped. His rumour stopped, his work succeed. He didn’t even think about Ji Kyo’s safety when she helped him without asking anything. He is simply put her in the danger. He is still as selfish as before.

“I’ll protect her. So please, let me live happily”upon remembering what he said in the end, a tears flowing down his cheeks. He fell again into that deep hole of nightmare. Or since the beginning he never coming out? At the end, he only think about himself.

Yoongi opened his eyes, when he heard someone rings his doorbell. He looking at his phone, and read the clock that appears on his phone screen. 6:40 AM. Is it Sejin? Sejin said his first schedule will be tomorrow afternoon.

He is simply drags himself up from his bed, and coming out from his bedroom. Walking towards the front door without looking at the intercom. His eyes wide opened seeing who is the one that ringing the doorbell. A girl with a messy bun hair, wearing short jeans that reaches her knees partnered with a loose T-shirt beneath her denim jacket. She’s staring at him in confusion.

“Why you look like this? Are you really an idol?”she asked him in a mocking tone. Only to makes Yoongi scoffed at her and annoyed at the same time.

“What brings you here?”he asks again, still looking at her suspiciously.

“You said you want to eat, Mr. Idol. Take this as my kindness because you ask for food right when I have to buy some groceries for my own stock.”

“Y..you,bring me a food?”he asks, cursing himself for stuttering in front of Ji Kyo

“No, I’ll cook. Get some rest, you looks like a zombie. You don’t mind me using your kitchen, right?”Yoongi only can nods at her, still composing himself. Well, he’ll get a homemade breakfast today. He lets Ji Kyo entering his house. The girl is looking right and left before shifting her gaze on him. Yoongi looking at her confused, doesn’t know what she wants.

“At least you have to show me your kitchen and helping me holding all of this,”at that moment, Yoongi snapped and rushed to her side. Taking two full bags of groceries, and leads her to his kitchen.

It is almost half a hour Yoongi watching Ji Kyo walking here and there expertly in his kitchen. He only watched her from the kitchen island, while trying to guess what she cooks for him. At that tought, he felt something weird, but chooses to ignore it.

“You sure you don’t need my help?”he asks. Ji Kyo turns her head towards him, giving him a mocking smile.

“Sure. I’m not that conviced to let you touched my cook, Mr. Idol. I told you to get some rest, right?”

“I’m not tired,”

“I can smell lie for hundreds miles away, and it smells closer to me right now”Yoongi scoffed and chooses to listen.

“I’ll laying down on the couch then,”

Ji Kyo just shrugged at him and continues her activity. Yoongi can sees her clearly from the place he lay down. The sound of paper bag, and Ji Kyo’s steps inside the kitchen filling his ears. He staring at the ceiling, and making a game that he plays on his own. Guessing what she does by listening to the sound.

“Can you sing?”he asked out of the blue

“No,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter