[8]

Habit

Hello guys!!! So... here's another chapter of the story! And thank you so much for the comments, they mean a lot to motivate me :) 


8

It was a Thursday morning when Jimin walked into the building of Wings with a smile on his face and with shoulders held back in confidence. He really, really bothered to look good on the day.

The day when he will finally meet Kim Seokjin, his and Jungkook’s ‘victim’ in their not-so-crime.

Just thinking about it made a shiver run down the man’s spine, but he suppressed the urge to physically shudder. Of course he was nervous. What he was about to do went against everything that he had believed in his 26 years of living.

And of course, he knew that he only way to counter being nervous was being ready. That was why he prepared so much the night before and in the morning. He had set himself in all aspects—physically, mentally, emotionally, and most importantly, morally. Because starting today, until the end of his agreement with his boss, he would have to set aside his morals. All for his family depending on him.

Jimin continued traversing the halls of the building until he arrived at the fifth floor, where his department was. People he knew and have met during his short stay in the company gave him compliments for his looks—compliments that Jimin let himself bathe in and enjoy. The short male did not pay that much attention on his appearance unless needed, because while he never thought of himself good-looking, he also did not think he had to put effort just to look presentable. For him, looking ordinary is already looking nice.

Once he arrived in his cubicle, the first person to greet him was Mingyu.

“Hey Park Ji—woah…” The tall, tanned male cut his own words in favor of taking in Jimin’s appearance. He slid his chair a little bit further and scanned his seatmate before letting out a big smile. “Looking great today!”

“Thanks.” Jimin smiled in return, appreciating the rare compliment from his officemate. Up until now, Mingyu only talked to him to annoy him.

“Trying to impress someone?” Mingyu teased, wiggling his brows.

“Nope.”

“Aww come on… you can’t just come here looking like that if it’s a normal day.”

“Yah, Kim Mingyu, stop it.” Jimin said, trying to shoo away the taller. “Just go back to your work.”

“So you won’t tell me?” Mingyu said with a deflated tone, but his face was saying otherwise. He then scooted closer to Jimin before saying, “If you’re hitting on me, I’d probably date you.”

A scandalized look almost immediately plastered itself on Mingyu’s subject of flirting. Jimin was just about to give the younger some serious scolding when suddenly, a deep voice resonated from the farther side of Mingyu’s cubicle.

“Yah, Kim Mingyu!” The voice said, causing the smile on Mingyu’s face to fall. “Don’t you have lots of assignments today? Work!”

“Yes boss.” Mingyu rolled his eyes before sliding back to his cubicle, leaving a surprised Jimin behind.

“What the hell just happened?” Taehyung suddenly asked, taking his spot right beside Jimin by sliding his own office chair. He then looked at his friend and mimicked the confused face Jimin was sporting.

“I don’t know either.”

“I have never seen Jeon Wonwoo that serious.” Taehyung commented. “Actually, I really did not see him, but you get the point, right? I mean—”

“Yeah, yeah, Tae, I get the point.” Jimin nodded, shushing Taehyung and keeping him from continuing his rambling. “It’s so not like Wonwoo.”

“I know right.” The taller of the two agreed. There was a moment of silence and bewilderment before Taehyung tilted his head to get a better look at Jimin. “I would have to agree to Mingyu, though. You look great today. You even wore eyeliner!”

“Thanks.” Jimin smiled. “Have I always looked ugly in the past that all of you guys just seemed to notice my appearance now that I am wearing all this makeup?”

“That’s nonsense!” Taehyung exclaimed. “You’ve always looked great! And besides, you aren’t even wearing that much makeup today!”

“Really?”

“Really.”

Jimin felt himself flush a bit that the truthfulness he could hear from Taehyung. For such compliment to come from someone as good-looking at Taehyung—it felt amazing.

“Aww… thanks Tae. I appreciate that.” Jimin said. Taehyung just smiled his boxy smile before disappearing back into his cubicle, the whole while looking at Jimin. The shorter could not help but chuckle at his friend’s antics before focusing on his own computer to start working.

He had only managed to log into his computer when a small voice called his name, prompting him to look up.

“Oh… Momo-ssi.” Jimin said when he saw the said female’s head peeping right above the divider in front of him. “Good morning.”

“Good morning, Park Jimin-ssi.” Momo responded, her voice still squeaky. If Jimin would be completely honest, Momo’s voice was kind of cute, and even suited the female.

“Do you… need anything?” Jimin asked, but he already had an idea on what was Momo doing in their department.

“The CEO wants you in his office.” The woman answered. “Like… now.”

“Yes, I understand.” The boy nodded. “Thank you.”

And with that, Momo left the place in favor of going to the department head’s office. Jimin wasted no time and quickly stood up and fixed himself to go to the topmost floor of the building, where Jungkook’s office was situated.

“Jiminie…” Taehyung’s voice stopped Jimin in his tracks, and causing him to come to the taller’s spot. “Did Mr. Jeon ask for you again?”

“Yeah.” Jimin nodded. He saw worry flash in the slightly younger boy’s face, making him feel a little guilty. If only he could tell Taehyung what was happening, then the taller would not have to worry for him every time he was being called by the boss.

Sighing, he smiled at Taehyung. “Tae, don’t worry, I’ll be fine. We’re just talking about certain plans. I was quite surprised that he wanted to work with me, actually.” Jimin lied to his friend. He felt his insides twist at the thought, but he knew he should get used to lying.

After reassuring Taehyung, Jimin proceeded to going to the CEO’s office. It was a trek Jimin was getting quite used to, and since he already knew what was about to happen, he did not feel anxious to meet Jungkook at all. He was still nervous about the whole ordeal, of course, but Jimin decided not to mind it for now.

When he arrived inside Jungkook’s office, Jimin was surprised to see Jungkook just sitting on one of the couches around the coffee table in contrast to his usual spot behind the table.

“Took you long enough.” Jungkook commented, taking a sip of his coffee. He then looked up to see Jimin, but the moment their eyes met, the younger’s expression morphed into that of amusement.

“What’s with the eyeliner?” Jungkook asked. The older replied to him with a short chuckle.

“Of course I should at least look good enough for you, your majesty.” Jimin cheekily responded, following right after with a laugh. “I should look like you’d actually want me as your boyfriend.”

“Yuck…” Jungkook answered, faking gagging sounds right after, pulling out more laughter from the older. He waited for Jimin to calm down before he started grabbing his stuff that are already on the coffee table. “Are you ready?”

“What?” Jimin asked, confused. He took in the situation right before him to figure out what Jungkook was talking about. He took note of the closed blinds in the office, as well as the position Jungkook was in. As if he was leaving.

And the younger was looking at him as if he was expecting him to leave with him.

Oh.

“We’re… leaving?” Jimin asked again, trying to confirm what he was thinking.

“Yes.” Jungkook replied, nodding. “I already told you last night, right? We’re meeting Kim Seokjin today.”

“But it’s not even nine in the morning!” Jimin shrieked, suddenly mortified at the thought of meeting their ‘victim’. He was visibly freaking out—and it irked him to see that Jungkook did not seem affected by the coming event. Not at all.

“The meeting place is quite far, so we will need to leave ahead of time so we won’t be late.” Jungkook calmly explained, already walking out of the office. “We should go—”

“Wait here for a moment!” Jimin suddenly cut him, running out of the office right after, not even waiting for the CEO to respond. He boarded the elevator and rushed directly back to his cubicle to grab his personal belongings. The whole while, he was mustering up courage and telling himself to stop freaking out over the meeting. He was prepared for it, and if he would just stick to their plan, there should not be any problem.

When he arrived at his cubicle, Jimin was pleasantly surprised to see Yoongi already there.

“Hyung, you’re here again?” Jimin noted, going straight to his bag and packing up, dodging Yoongi, who was seated on his office chair and chatting with Taehyung, along the process. “Why are you always here whenever I am not around?”

It took a lot longer than expected for Yoongi to answer, but even before he could open his mouth, Taehyung already started explaining. “I chatted him that you were called by the CEO. Again.”

“Oh, you’re that close already? You’re already chatting on social media?” Jimin asked, a teasing smile that Taehyung did not mind, but Yoongi wanted to forget seeing, gracing his face. He looked at Taehyung, who was just smiling at him and nodding like the child that he was.

Yoongi, on the other hand, was struggling to hide the faint blush on his pale cheeks.

“You’re cute.” Jimin mumbled under his breath, taking care so that Taehyung could not hear him. He actually was planning on playing with Yoongi a little bit longer, but Jimin remembered that he left Jungkook waiting in his office.

Not wanting to get on the man’s bad side, Jimin quickly bid his friends a good bye and simply ignored their questions and protests in favor of rushing back to the top floor.

“Where have you been?” Jungkook immediately asked when the older was finally back. Jimin was panting a bit when he stepped inside the office, but Jungkook just ignored it and started leading the way out of the place.

It took a few seconds before Jimin was finally able to answer the question directed to him. “I just went back to get my stuff from my cubicle.” He answered, following the taller into the dedicated elevator. He watched as Jungkook pressed the button to the underground parking lot.

For the first few seconds of their descent, the elevator was silent. Jimin did not feel the need to break it, though, because he knew the ride would only be short. However, it was Jungkook who struck a conversation first.

“Did you prepare for this?” He asked, still looking right in front of him.

“Well… yeah.” Jimin answered. “You noticed I tried actually dressing up today.”

“I don’t mean that, Park.” Jungkook said. “I was asking if you are ready in terms of the details of this whole… arrangement.”

“Oh, you mean the ‘script’?” Jimin asked. The younger only nodded in response. “Yes, I am pretty sure I already got everything.”

“When is my birthday?” Jungkook suddenly asked, causing Jimin to raise a brow at him.

“Really? A quiz?” He older asked, surprised. When the CEO did not respond, Jimin opted to just answering his question.

“September 1, 1997.”

“Family background?”

“You have a mother, a father, and a brother who is older than you.”

“When and where did we meet?”

“Friday, two years ago, in a café with no available seats.”

“Good.” Jungkook said, nodding contentedly. “I don’t really think Seokjin will ask those details right away, so you still have time.”

“I already got them, don’t worry.” Jimin answered. “How about you, then? When is my birthday?”

“1995.” Jungkook answered. He fell silent right after mentioning the year, causing Jimin to cast him a judgmental look.

“Month? Date?”

“October… uhmmm…” Jungkook trailed off, his words already confused, but his gaze still steel hard on the door in front of him.

“Oh my god, Jungkook, really?!” Jimin said, exasperated. He really exerted effort to learn the details about Jungkook’s life, only for him to know that they could get busted just because the younger did not know when his birthday was?

“October 13!!! October 13!!!” Jungkook exclaimed, suddenly remembering the date he read the night before just once. He clapped his hands in delight. “It’s October 13, right? Oh god, I’m so great…”

“Oh really?” Jimin asked, mocking. “You’re so great you could get us caught just because you did not bother reading my details.”

“Oh please, it’s not like it’s the only thing I needed to do last night, Park Jimin.” Jungkook retorted, getting back to his nonchalant stance. “I’m a busy man.”

Jimin just snickered at his excuse.

A little while after that exchange, the two reached the parking lot and wasted no time to get inside the younger’s car and driving out into the streets of Seoul. Jungkook mentally thanked the heavens when he noticed that the traffic outside was not as heavy as usual.

“Where are we going to meet him, anyway?” Jimin asked, his gaze fixed on the buildings they were passing by. “I mean… I forgot to ask you last night when you told me we’d meet him today.”

“Just wait and you’ll see.” Jungkook answered. Since he was not willing to talk a little bit longer, Jimin just dropped the subject and thought of other things to do while waiting for them to arrive at… wherever their meeting place was.

Jungkook was busy paying attention to the road they were traversing while at the same time recalling the things that he have read when he scanned Jimin’s document the night prior to their meeting with Seokjin when Jimin suddenly spoke.

“Jungkook-ah.”

The instant Jimin said that, Jungkook momentarily lost control of the steering wheel, causing their car to swerve a little bit, and Jimin to let out a very unmanly squeak.

“What the hell?!” Jimin questioned, clutching his chest.

“What the hell was that?!” Jungkook returned the question, referring to a different thing. “What’s with the intimate speech?!”

“I was just practicing.” Jimin answered, grinning at the younger as if he did not just ignore their difference. “You know I never really had the chance to practice being sweet with you and all.”

“There’s no need do that.”

“Of course there is!” Jimin countered. “Even veteran actors try out the scene before shooting it! What makes you think we can get this in one shot without any practice? Especially since we don’t exactly have a good boss-employee relationship.”

“And that is your fault.” Jungkook said. “You were too clumsy and even dared to talk against me without knowing who I was.”

“No, it wasn’t my fault.” The older replied, getting worked up. “If you’d be a little bit more polite, then I wouldn’t have called you names!”

“But you—”

“Blah, blah, Jungkook-ah!” Jimin butted in, not letting the younger finish with his sentence. “So, anyway, what would we call each other when we are around Kim Seokjin?”

The boss glared at his employee for his manners, but after realizing that Jimin was not listening to him, he just sighed and proceeded to answering him. Just so they could finish with the conversation. “Hmmm…” Jungkook thought out loud. “How about just our names?”

“What? Of course not!” Jimin strongly rejected the idea. “That is not creative, nor sweet at all! Let’s see, uhmm… how about sticking with Jungkook-ah? Or maybe bunny?”

“What?!”

“Well, you look like a bunny, so it could work.” Jimin explained. “Or we could go with Jungkookie. Or just Kookie. Or—wait… are you smiling?” Jimin suddenly asked, tilting his head to get a better look on Jungkook’s face. He was just listing possible nicknames for the younger, and he was anything but responsive, but when Jimin mentioned ‘Kookie’, the boy’s lips suddenly looked tensed as he tried to hold back a smile.

“What?! No!” Jungkook protested, playing it off as coolly as he could. He was not going to let Jimin know that he secretly liked the nickname.

“Oh, let’s go with Kookie, then!” Jimin said, clapping his hands once, happy with his decision. “Let’s be honest, it suits you. Okay then, what about for me? What will you call me?”

“Can’t I just call you Jimin?” Jungkook asked, his eyes still fixed on the road. They were already driving on a highway at a high speed, so he needed to be more careful and alert.

“What? No!” Jimin disagreed. “That’s not sweet at all! It wasn’t even creative! And it was even disrespectful!”

“But I don’t know how!”

“Oh come on!” Jimin complained, fed up by Jungkook’s lack of cooperation. “Just suggest anything!”

“Uhmm… okay.” Jungkook answered, and sighed. Jimin patiently waited for the younger to come up with something. Ten, twenty, thirty seconds went by without a sound in the car before Jungkook finally opened his mouth,

“Jimin-hyung.”

“Ughhhhh!!!” Jimin groaned, feeling the urge to rub his face, but resisting it because it would mess up his makeup. “Come on, Jeon Jungkook-ssi! You’re more creative than that!”

“But…” Jungkook wanted to protest, but decided against it because he was suddenly hyper aware of his voice. He felt like he was beginning to sound whiny.

“Come on, suggest some more.” Jimin said, trying to encourage the younger to think harder. Once again, he patiently waited for Jungkook to speak again, and this time, it was a lot faster.

“Jiminie-hyung, Minnie-hyung, Minnie, Mochi—”

“What?! Where did ‘Mochi’ come from?”

“Because you look like one.” Jungkook smugly answered, happy that he annoyed the older a bit. He then proceeded to listing more nicknames.

“Chimchim, Chimchim-hyung, Jimin-ah…”

“I think I’ll go with Jiminie-hyung.” Jimin suddenly cut him, having decided on the matter. “Mochi sounds really interesting, but it’s too interesting, and I like Jiminie-hyung more.” He smiled, settling further into his seat and sighing. “It makes me feel superior.”

“Yah.” Jungkook protested, his voice dropping down a few notes. “Don’t get too ahead of yourself, Park. In case you’re forgetting, we’re only a couple when around Seokjin. And right now, we are not around Kim Seokjin. So stay on your lane.”

Jimin snapped his head to Jungkook’s direction, only to see the younger’s serious face. He knew he could not do anything but agree to his boss. The most he could do was pout.

And pout Jimin did. “I was just practicing.” He mumbled, rolling his eyes at the younger who could not set aside business and have fun even just for once.

After Jungkook reprimanded Jimin, the car once again fell into an awkward silence that neither man tried to alleviate. In contrast to Jungkook, who was content with driving, Jimin was bored after a few minutes of not talking. He was about to try to talk to Jungkook again when his phone dinged, indicating the arrival of a message.

 

From: Yoongi-hyung

Where are you?

 

Jimin smiled softly as he read the text, silently thanking Yoongi for saving him from having to talk to Jungkook.

 

To: Yoongi-hyung

Out with Mr. Jeon, CEO. Why?

 

He quickly sent the message, but right after, he composed another one which he also sent to his hyung.

 

To: Yoongi-hyung

Are you still with TaeTae? You lovesick puppy… :P

 

Jimin internally laughed at his own message, already imagining Yoongi flushing a deep red at his text. Within a few seconds, a reply came.

 

From: Yoongi-hyung

What’s going on? Taehyung said you’ve been called to the CEO’s office a couple of times already.

 

To: Yoongi-hyung

It’s a secret. :P

And you did not answer my question about TaeTae.

 

From: Yoongi-hyung

:P

 

“Aish… this hyung…” Jimin chuckled, feeling happy for his hyung who was finally liking someone again. He could not help but laugh a bit at how familiar Yoongi’s actions were towards Taehyung.

“What are you laughing at?” The car’s driver, Jungkook, suddenly asked.

“It’s nothing.” Jimin answered, still smiling, recalling his past with Yoongi. Just like what the older was doing with Taehyung, he also spent too much time with Jimin in the past, just talking about things, before they got together. He remembered Yoongi admitting to him that he never really thought about his uality in the past before he met Jimin.

He remembered Yoongi telling him he was the person to make Yoongi realize that he falls in love with people and not with a certain .

It made Jimin feel worth of something. Yoongi’s words in the past flattered Jimin up until today. That only meant that he was also attractive. While it may not be physically or aesthetically, the cool, pale, and seemingly indifferent man actually saw something lovable in Jimin. Maybe it was his personality. Or the way he carried himself.

Either way, Jimin appreciated Yoongi’s admiration. It was a memory that he would treasure forever. It was a feeling that could save him whenever he felt worthless.

Jimin’s thoughts were cut by the sound of his phone dinging again as new message from Yoongi arrived.

 

From: Yoongi-hyung

Let’s talk when you get back. I need to ask you something.

 

Maybe it was the lack of emoticons in the message, but Jimin suddenly felt nervous once he read the message. He decided to just set it aside for the moment because he had more pressing and more immediate matters to be nervous about.

Jimin let out a sigh upon remembering what was about to happen, a sigh that Jungkook caught.

“Yah, what’s going on?” Jungkook asked, turning the steering wheel.

“It’s nothing.”

“Nothing my . Of course there’s something.” Jungkook retorted. “Just a while ago, you were smiling and laughing on your own, and now you’re sighing like you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. Are you crazy?”

Not wanting to argue with the younger, Jimin opted to remaining silent and not answering the question. Jungkook noticed the sudden shift in Jimin’s mood, and while he really did not care about his well-being, they were already approaching their meeting place with Seokjin, so he needed to cheer Jimin up again.

“Yah, Jiminie-hyung, you’re hiding things from your Kookie?” Jungkook tried to sound cute, but deep inside, he felt like throwing up. It felt unnatural—acting sweet with someone of the same .

“We’re not around Kim Seokjin yet, so we’re not boyfriends.” Jimin replied, still sounding down. He was holding his phone with his hands on his lap as he stared outside, watching the buildings passing by. The younger squinted his eyes to see what was on the phone’s screen, and managed to read that the message was from Yoongi.

“Yah, Park Jimin-ssi.” Jungkook tried again, this time trying to sound intimidating. “Tell me what is happening, right now, as your boss.”

“This is personal matter, sir.” Jimin answered easily, still not facing Jungkook. “You have no jurisdiction regarding this matter.”

In all honesty, Jungkook really did not care. That is, if he had seen someone else’s name on the elder’s phone. But it was Yoongi Jimin was talking to. The same Yoongi that Jungkook approached for help before he went to Jimin.

The same Yoongi that knew about his plan.

Jungkook was just worried that Jimin and Yoongi were talking about their plan.

“Yah, Park.” Jungkook started, making sure the he had Jimin’s full attention. “I just want to remind you that you are not allowed to talk to anyone about this plan of ours, okay?”

“Yes, I remember.” Jimin replied, sitting properly on his seat. He was finally able to snap out of his nervous thoughts, so now, he wanted something else to occupy himself with. He took note of how long they have been on the road before talking again to the younger.

“Just how far is the meeting place?” Jimin asked, taking note of the unfamiliar territory around him. Just when he finished asking, the car began to slow down as they pulled over to the parking lot of a building.

“We’re here.” Jungkook answered. “From this point, we’re… boyfriends.” He said, internally cringing at the sound of it. He then stepped out of the car and rounded the hood before stopping to open Jimin’s door.

Jimin, on the other hand, closed his eyes and gave himself a pep talk before stepping out of the car with a smile on his lips. “Woah… Kookie, what is this?” He asked, genuinely wondering at the building in front of him. It was different from the other corporate buildings he had seen before.

“It’s an events hall, hyung.” Jungkook answered, still trying to not visibly shudder at the intimacy of their words towards each other. Seokjin was still nowhere to be seen, but they cannot be too careful.

Jimin traced the intricate design on the establishment’s façade, until his eyes eventually met the LED screen showing the event happening in a few minutes.

“A talk on gay rights and relationships?” Jimin asked, quite surprised that Jungkook took him to such an event.

“Yeah, it’s that.” Jungkook answered, still quite not used to the whole situation. “Seokjin-hyung is an LGBT supporter, and he is a speaker in this event. When we met yesterday, he invited me to come.”

 

As expected, when Jungkook arrived at the café where Seokjin asked to meet, the latter was already seated and waiting for him. Internally berating himself once again for making the older wait, Jungkook made his way to the table, and smiled back when Seokjin, who have already turned around in his seat to face him, gave him a smile.

“Hi.” Jungkook greeted the older. “Nice meeting you again, Jin-hyung.”

“Yeah, it’s nice we could eat together again.” Seokjin replied, looking agitated. “I’m sorry, I will have to leave you right now. You see, I am just actually waiting for you to come before I go to the comfort room.”

“Oh, oh, I see, I see.” Jungkook hurriedly said, making some way for Seokjin. “I’m sorry for keeping you… and your bladder waiting.”

“No prob.” Seokjin answered, chuckling a bit at the younger’s words before rushing to the comfort room.

While the older was away, Jungkook took his time fixing himself again. He was in the middle of looking at his reflection through his phone screen when it lit up to reveal a text message.

 

From: Cinderella

Kim Seokjin postponed further discussions and decisions regarding the deal. Though Pink Princess will still accept presentations from both parties. The other company is still ahead in terms of number of visits.

 

“It’s working.” Jungkook mumbled to himself, smiling. He could not believe that he was actually gaining Seokjin’s attention.

Happy with the news, the CEO replied to their link to Pink Princess before stuffing his phone back to his pocket. Shortly after, Seokjin came back, looking calmer than he did a while ago.

“Sorry I took a while. Just bumped into someone along the way.” Seokjin said as he took his seat again in front of Jungkook. “Let’s order?”

“Okay.” Jungkook answered. They then called a waiter and told him their orders. Once the crew left them, they proceeded to talking to each other about their lives, of course opening with “How are you”s and other default conversation topics.

But the whole while that the two were talking, Jungkook was thinking of a way to bring up his ‘boyfriend’. He was about to bring it up out of the blue when conveniently, Seokjin started talking about another one of his talks.

“You see, I actually want to invite you to come to this talk I will be going to tomorrow, if you aren’t busy? It’s 10 AM tomorrow.”

“Oh… I don’t think I have anything to do around that time tomorrow.” Jungkook answered, pleased at the direction their conversation was taking.

“That’s great!” Seokjin smiled, happy that he finally got Jungkook to agree. “I’ll just email you the details of the talk later, okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.” The younger replied, acting shy all of a sudden. He had this emotion perfected long before he became involved in the corporate world. “Actually, I was wondering if I could take someone with me.”

He then sent a look at Seokjin with his head slightly turned to the side to give the effect that he was a bit embarrassed, and saw that the older was looking at him with a raised brow.

“Someone special?”

“Yeah.” Jungkook answered, still acting shy about everything.

“Oh, you have a girlfriend? That’s nice! I’d like to meet the lucky girl.” Seokjin nodded to himself as he received their orders. Jungkook waited for the waiter to leave again before he continued with his plan.

“Actually… it’s… a boyfriend.” He shyly continued. This time, he was genuinely shy at his actions. The blush on his cheeks was not intentional, but it was a welcome help.

“R-Really?!” Seokjin exclaimed, surprised at the younger’s revelation. “I mean… aren’t you straight or something? Cuz based on your reaction when I told you I had a boyfriend…”

“I was just shy and shocked, that’s all.” Jungkook defended himself. “I really didn’t think that you’d be… like us.”

“Awww… that’s cute!” Seokjin suddenly said, reaching over to pinch one of Jungkook’s still flushed cheeks. “Of course you could take him with you. I’d love, love, love to meet him.”

Jungkook only nodded to the older in response. He was in the middle of mixing his pasta when Seokjin opened his mouth to ask a question.

“What’s his name?” Seokjin asked, mouth chewing the pizza he already stuffed inside. “The boyfriend.”

“Jimin.” Jungkook answered. “Park Jimin.

 

“Oh… I get it now.” Jimin nodded in understanding, impressed at the younger’s acting skills. “You’re good at this, huh?”

“Sort of. I had to learn how to survive in this harsh world.” Jungkook kiddingly answered, but for some reason, Jimin could also see some truthfulness in the younger’s eyes.

The two of them then faced the entrance, and simultaneously sighed. Jimin looked at the taller man standing beside him, and held out his hand.

It took a moment, but Jungkook eventually noticed the outstretched hand. He looked at Jimin questioningly before voicing out his confusion. “What?”

“Oh come on.” Jimin chuckled, gesturing to his hands with his eyes. Jungkook just rolled his eyes at him in response.

But instead of giving up, Jimin just grabbed the younger’s hand himself and interlaced their fingers, smiling at the bewildered Jungkook once the deed was done. It had been a long time since he last held hands with someone, and doing it now, with someone who was not even really his boyfriend, surprisingly did not feel foreign.

“Kookie, let’s go?” Jimin asked, the grin on his face not even faltering before he dragged the younger inside.