[25]

Habit

Hello everyone! Here is another chapter of the story!

And by the way, can I asked you guys and gals a question? If you could, answer the question in the comment section :))

How do you know if you're in love? 


25

 

Groaning for the umpteenth time, Jungkook not-so-carefully slammed his laptop shut and let out a deep sigh to help alleviate the physical pain he was experiencing. He used his arms to turn his chair around and take a look at the morning view of the city from his office.

The view was good. The sun had not completely risen yet, so he need not squint from the brightness.

The CEO felt like a warm bath would help, but then, he had already taken two baths in the duration of the whole night he stayed in his office, so taking another one would be a big overkill.

It has been the recent norm in young businessman’s life—staying in his office, day and night, only going back to his own house to get a change of clothes, and at times, do his laundry. He hated staying in his residence as of late, since he had nothing to distract himself with from the weird thoughts he had been having for a month now.

Well, at least he had progress. He finally acknowledged that the designer actually bothered him.

It was getting better though, it really was. Starting when he finally accepted that what had transpired between him and Jimin affected him in some way, he was able to handle his random weird feelings more effectively, since he already knew the root cause of them. Now all he had to do was to maintain a good amount of distance between him and said cause.

Except that he did not really need to do anything, since Jimin was, for some reason, always missing.

The older was still going to work, that he knew. He had asked Momo to give him the attendance reports of all the departments just so he could check secretly if Jimin was regularly going to work or not. Jungkook was not proud of the deed when he finally saw all the check marks next to his hyung’s name.

He had his secretary shred the papers right away.

Even after the whole mess, the designer still unconsciously did Jungkook a favor by staying out of sight. And he did not know if he should be thankful, since it made him even more bothered.

“Ahhh…” He groaned, massaging his temples with the heel of his hands. The headache was threatening to split his skull into two, and his empty stomach was not helping either.

“I should go out.” Jungkook said to himself, standing up from his seat and grabbing his coat before strutting out of his office and into the hallway, which was, as expected, devoid of any other person, since it was too early even for maintenance staff to be working.

He took the special elevator straight down to the parking lot in the basement. Staring at the LED numbers changing as the lift moved, he could not stop the thought of the older during their elevator encounter from entering his mind again.

The look of pure shock and horror in the older’s face was priceless, and he could not help but smile at the memory. It was a good one, and Jungkook did not have enough mental energy to push the thought away, so he just let it happen.

Just this time.

Once in the parking, he went straight into his car to drive out. He once again recalled his conversation with Jimin when they made their deal back then—the start of it all. The CEO still felt bad for judging his employee, basically calling him a money-lover who would do anything for extra cash. It was a move, even for someone like him, and after getting to know just how sweet and warm Jimin was, and his reasons for agreeing to the plot, Jungkook just wished he could take the words back.

Driving out, he rolled down the windows to let some outside air into his system, hoping it would recharge him and make him feel better. He remembered Jimin liking rolled down car windows as the wind sent a chill down his spine.

“It’s only natural, Jeon Jungkook.” The CEO chanted to himself, nodding as he rounded an intersection. “He was basically stuck to you for some time… of course you’d need time to adjust.”

Due to his condition, Jungkook drove more cautiously to the café that he had been frequenting for a long time to get his breakfast. It was a bit of a drive from the Wings building, but for the best-tasting muffins, it was always worth it.

Also, the drive was always a welcome distraction, especially more so now.

Upon reaching his destination, the traffic light coincidently went red, making all of the other cars stop. This gave Jungkook a bit less room to maneuver his vehicle to the side and into the little parking lot the café had, but it was fine. Once he was happy with how his car was situated, the CEO stepped out, and looked at the façade.

As he had expected, there was already a few customers within the establishments, with most of them being the joggers in the nearby park. The smell was divine—it smelled of freshly baked muffins and steaming buns.

Perfection.

 

“Oh god, he’s gonna screw this up.” Jungkook mumbled under his breath. Cursing once and gathering enough courage to again, act as a gay, Jungkook gave the two, who were still looking at him, a shy smile.

He then proceeded to walking to their direction, still keeping the shy act up, even adding a rub at the back of his head to make the scene more believable.

Jimin was still dumbfounded when the younger reached their location, brain still muddy with the turn of events.

“Hey, Jin-hyung, nice to meet you.” Jungkook greeted the older, stealing glances at the shortest of the three.

“Same here, Jungkook.” Seokjin answered. “But anyway, why are you here when Jimin said you’re in your office?”

“Uhm… yeah.” Jungkook nodded, taking a look at the designer just in time to see Jimin’s Adam’s apple bob up and down. So that was why he looked so agitated.

Quickly wracking his brain for an excuse, Jungkook smiled another shy smile and put up the embarrassed façade once again.

“Ahh… you guys caught me…”

Jimin sent him an even more confused look, because really, he was not understanding anything. “What?”

“I really wasn’t expecting Jiminie-hyung to be here…” Jungkook continued. He then turned to the other and said, “I thought you said you’d head straight to your place?”

“B-But…” Jimin stuttered, finally getting what was going on, but still struggling to keep up. “Uhm… yeah. I did. But I got, hungry, so I went here.”

“Yeah… I was actually planning on… going to yours.” Jungkook said, nodding. He then raised the paper bag he carried out of the bakery, and showed them to Jimin. “I was planning on surprising you and maybe asking you out for dinner, but yeah… guess no more surprise.”

He then ended his lie with a genuinely embarrassed life, because even to his own ears, his words were too cheesy. It was almost disgusting.

“But you said you’re too busy.” Jimin pouted, catching on. He knew Jungkook was lying, and honestly, the younger was not too bad at it. He just had to add more acting skills.

Jungkook looked around, and started kicking the ground with his leather shoes. “Well… yeah. But I saw your disappointed face earlier. It was hard to ignore, you know.”

“Aww… you guys are too sweet!” Seokjin suddenly interjected, clasping his hands and smiling. “So, you guys haven’t had dinner yet? Do you want to come to my place for dinner?”

“Uhm… hyung?” Jungkook asked, looking at Jimin, who was busily fumbling with his pocket. After a few moments, he finally looked up with his phone in his hand, and smiled at Jungkook.

“It’s fine to me. Are you sure you wanna go? I thought you’re busy?”

“There’s always tomorrow for work!” Seokjin commented, trying to convince the two to say yes. “And I’m quite proud of my cooking, so I’d really like you guys to come over.”

“Yeah, it’s fine.” Jungkook answered. He then turned to the oldest of the three before asking, “Are we leaving?”

“Oh, yeah! Just follow my car.” Seokjin affirmed. The three of them then walked back to their respective cars, with Jimin going with Jungkook.

Once inside the car and on the road, safe from anyone else’s ears, Jimin finally let out a relieved sigh, happy that he was able to survive an otherwise disaster.

“Yah, what was that about?” Jimin asked the younger, who was focused on driving. “That was close, you know.”

“What?” Jungkook replied. “I just… got hungry, so I went to get some strawberry muffin from the bakery.”

“Yeah, yeah, what a nice timing.” Jimin continued ranting. “Do you know how much it stressed me to lie to a person as nice as Jin-hyung? And you’re not making it any better by appearing at the most inconvenient of times!”

“It’s not as if I know!” Jungkook defended himself. “But yeah… sorry.”

Upon hearing Jungkook’s apology, the older’s irritated expression fell and was replaced by confusion, and then amusement.

“Yah, what is this? You’re being nice again.”

“I was always nice, you know.” The younger answered. “So yeah. Sorry. For this. And the… last time.”

“Last time?” Jimin asked, getting more confused at Jungkook’s words. At first, he could not remember what it was that the younger did that deserved apologizing for. But after a few moments of silence, the designer finally recalled their last encounter in the younger’s office.

He actually already forgot about that confrontation. He did not hold any grudge towards Jungkook for it.

“Nah… it’s fine.” Jimin finally answered. “I actually already forgot about it. I’m surprised you remembered.”

“It was kind of rude for me to say those words, really.” Jungkook admitted, his eyes still glued to the road ahead. Silence took over the car after his words, and was only broken by Jimin’s sound of confusion.

“Yah, you’re being weird again.”

“What’s weird with being a decent person who can say sorry?”

“Well, it’s so not like you.” Jimin answered, chuckling a bit. “Don’t do that too often. I might fall for you, you know.”

One, two, three seconds of silence floated in the car before Jimin broke it again with his own laughter.

“Just kidding!”

 

Jungkook smiled at the memory. So Jimin was not really kidding back then.

If only those moments with the short and adorable hyung lasted longer. It was under less than ideal conditions, but his relationship with the designer was still fun—incredible, even. Because ironically, the young CEO had never felt as himself as he did when he was putting up an act with his fake boyfriend.

“Maybe I want to be an actor deep inside?” Jungkook mused. He immediately shook the thought away, before turning his gaze to the traffic lights, just in time for them to near the end of the stop timer. As the cars started moving again, Jungkook finally admitted out loud.

“I miss you, hyung.”

Sighing, the man just chose to enter the café and get his breakfast.

Upon entering, the smell of baked goods was joined with the strong smell of coffee. Coupled with the yellow lighting of the place, Jungkook immediately felt his twisted insides relax a little bit.

“Good morning, Jeon Jungkook-ssi.” A server greeted him, flashing him a friendly smile that was very common for servers, so they appear pleasant to their customers. Jungkook recognized the woman. She was one of those servers who always served him in the numerous times he bought food from the café.

The adjumma was really, really nice and motherly, so Jungkook adored her.

“Good morning.” He greeted back, forcing out a smile. “I’ll have two blueberry muffins please. And an americano.”

“Two blueberry muffins and an americano,” The server confirmed. “For takeout, sir?”

“Mmm.” Jungkook answered. He patiently waited as the older expertly pressed buttons on the register, later on handing the him his receipt which also had the number that will be called once the orders are ready.

This time though, there was no other new customer, so the number was kind of pointless.

“Child.” The woman called the CEO’s attention, her voice soft. “Are you alright?”

The sudden question took Jungkook by surprise. It was not that he had never talked with her before—it was the question itself that surprise him.

“M-Me?” The businessman asked stupidly, pointing to himself. “Why do you ask?”

“You look troubled.” She answered, her eyes clearly showing sympathy. They sort of comforted Jungkook. “I’ve been noticing it for the past month, actually. Did you break up with your girlfriend?”

“W-What?”

“You do look like you had your heart broken.” She continued. Just when the younger was about to answer that he was not from a break up, his orders arrived, prompting him to set his thoughts aside to get the packaged food and beverage.

“You’ll be fine, child.” The server said as she handed over the order, smiling warmly. “Just follow your heart, and be guided by your mind, and you’ll be fine.” Her eyes disappeared into crescents as her smile widened.

The smile was pretty much the same as Jimin’s.

“Thanks, I guess.” Jungkook awkwardly answered, bowing slightly. He really wanted to tell the adjumma that he was fine, and just under a lot of stress due to his work or something, but another customer showed up. He did not want to delay the woman in her work.

Sighing, Jungkook just held onto his food tighter, and walked out of the café.

“So, it’s been getting worse, huh?” Jungkook asked himself, smirking as he re-entered his car to drive back to the company. He did conduct some research on what he had been going through, and he arrived at the conclusion that his hormones were responsible for his recent moods.

The CEO figured that it was probably like drugs—but without the lethal side effects as you are exposed to it. It gets lethal when you get separated from the source of the feelings, which in his case, was Park Jimin.

“So it’s kinda like withdrawal.” He nodded to himself. “I should expose myself to little Jimin every now and then, reducing the exposure gradually rather than just taking it out all at once.”

Feeling proud at the reasonable course of action he arrived at, Jungkook smiled to himself, feeling a little bit better and rather excited at the idea.

It was only when he finally arrived at the parking lot of the company did he realize that his plan was, indeed, a wonderful one, if the designer was actually available for his ‘little doses of Park Jimin’. It would be so much easier if the older was not avoiding him, but that seemed like the case.

It was not as if he did not want to see Jimin. It was Jimin who did not want to see him.

Jungkook could not blame him, though. Jimin was probably even more hurt than he was, since it was the short hyung who fell in love, not him.

Yeah, definitely not him.

When he finally arrived back on his floor, Jungkook noted that the secretary office was still empty, though maintenance staff were already in. He felt his headache return, prompting him to just rush back into the confines of his own office and plop right down onto the couch.

Once seated, he immediately opened the food packages he had brought with him, and took a long whiff. The CEO’s nostrils were filled with the dancing smells of muffins, blueberries, and coffee, making him feel slightly better. Sighing, he began to quietly consume his breakfast.

It only took him a few minutes to clear the coffee table of food. After eating, Jungkook went over to one of his cupboards to take the vitamins Namjoon had given to him when the older noticed his little brother’s condition. He was the head of a big company, after all. He could not afford to get really sick.

Right after he downed his glass of water, Jungkook felt a yawn force itself out of him, bringing some wetness on his eyes. His body clock was ed—he knew it. The caffein from the coffee was yet to kick on, so the sleepiness from his restless night was still strong.

“Maybe I should take a short nap?” He asked out loud, heading back to the couch. He set his phone down on the table before relaxing his body against the soft leather of the furniture.

He was out in two minutes.

 

 

The CEO was woken up by his own alarm thirty minutes later, making him curse out loud. With his eyes closed, he reached for his still-blaring phone on the coffee table and brought it close to his face so he could see the screen just by opening his eyes slightly.

Once the alarm was off, Jungkook slowly and carefully sat up, noting how he was already feeling better. He then stood up, went to his desk, and resumed his work of reviewing various documents before signing them. The sun was already up, and so the still-groggy man partially closed the blinds to let in just a little bit of sunlight.

His secretary arrived moments later, when, thankfully, Jungkook was already fully awake and functioning.

“Good morning, sir.” Momo bowed as she stepped into her boss’s room. She then moved closer to the man, who was already turning on his alpha mode and trying to appear bigger and confident despite his current condition.

However, the girl obviously did not buy into it. “Sir, are you alright?”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t look healthy, sir.” Momo answered honestly and politely, her eyes clearly concerned for the man’s well-being. “You’ve got a pretty busy day ahead of you, sir. It might be too much for you as you are right now.”

Jungkook sighed. He let his boy go back to its previous slightly-slumped posture when another headache came knocking on his skull, causing him to wince a bit. He clearly was not in the best forms to flirt and impress females. “How many appointments today?”

“Nine, sir.” The secretary answered. “But I strongly suggest postponing at least half of those so you can get some rest in between meetings and appointments.”

“Do that, then.” Jungkook instructed. “You choose which ones to postpone… Thanks, Momo.”

“No problem, sir.”

Then, the secretary started towards the door. Just before she reached it, the doorbell rang.

The sound caused the boss to raise a brow at the entrance, slightly baffled at who else could be coming into his office at the moment. For some reason, his insides were pretty excited.

Like they knew who was on the other side.

Maybe he came to see Jungkook.

The thought almost pulled a smile up the CEO’s lips, until the door unlocked from the other side and revealed none other than his tall and incredibly wise hyung.

Jungkook visibly deflated.

“Eyy, what’s with the look?” Namjoon immediately jested, giving the secretary a small bow before holding the door out for her to exit. Once the office door closed, the older made himself comfortable in one of the couches, setting down two cups of hot chocolate for him and his brother to enjoy. “You don’t look… happy, to see me.”

“Oh no! No, hyung!” Jungkook disagreed, standing up from his seat and proceeding to join the older on the couches. “What brings you here?”

“Nothing… I was just paying you a visit.” Namjoon answered. He took a cup of the hot chocolate and proceeded to blow on the liquid’s surface to cool it down. “You look… tired. Very tired.”

“That’s because I am, hyung.” The younger retorted, taking the other cup. The effects of the previous cup of coffee already kicked in, but a sweet, warm beverage was still a welcome sugar supply. “Even the server in the café noticed. It must be that bad, huh?”

Kim Namjoon only stared at his brother with a blank face—the one that Jungkook knew meant that the gears in his genius mind are turning. After a few seconds of awkward, heavy silence, the taller spoke again.

“I’m pretty sure this isn’t work related.” He nodded, looking back at his cup. He tapped its side, causing a ripple to propagate on the brown, liquid surface. “I don’t know what it is though… Not until you tell me what’s up.”

Jungkook weighed his choices. On one hand, he could just not tell the lanky man his troubles, and continue dealing with them on his own. But on the other hand, he can give the guy, who was known to be so smart that he even gave the best advices in non-academic matters, a gist of what he was going through. He surely would not judge him. He might even walk away with an advice or two.

Yeah, there was not much weighing to do.

“Actually… uhm,” Jungkook started, putting down his own cup and rubbing the tip of his nose. Namjoon saw right through. “I’ve been… restless, for some time now.” Jungkook continued.

“Hmm?”

“Yeah… My mind keeps on thinking about… someone…” The CEO trailed off, cautious as to not let his brother have any idea on who he was pertaining to. “And whenever I think of this person… it physically hurts… and I couldn’t really function well unless I spend a lot of mental energy to divert my attention to something else. I did research about my… symptoms, and I have come into the conclusion that I am going through some sort of withdrawal, like those of drug addicts or something.”

He finished, letting out a sigh as another pang of pain visited his head. “Said person is… gone. So I can’t really… you know,” Jungkook continued, motioning with his hands, hoping the older would understand.

And to his luck, Namjoon understood.

“Wow, this is new.”

“I know… I have never felt like this and—”

“Yeah, that one, too.” The taller cut him off, smiling. “I was actually talking about you being open to me about this. In the past you wouldn’t have consulted me about these kinds of stuff, even if I pester you the whole day.”

Jungkook tilted his head to one side in confusion, his eyes round and big. “Really?”

“Yeah… I don’t know what changed… but setting aside the obvious,” Namjoon explained, holding his hand out and making circles with his palms. “Mess, you are right now… You just… feel different. In a positive way.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” He nodded, taking another sip of the beverage he brought. “Now I don’t know who this person you are talking about is, but what I do know is that, I’ve been there.”

Now that perked Jungkook’s attention. If Namjoon had been through the same thing, then he would be freaking god at offering advice on it.

“You might be going through a breakup.”

What?

“W-What?” Jungkook asked, his already big eyes bulging even more in surprise. “I think—”

“You think I’m mistaken, yeah, I know.” The hyung continued. “But I don’t care. I am only saying this based on what you’ve told me. Now if you’d just listen to me first, maybe you could get something out of what I am about to say even if I am really wrong.”

With that, Jungkook quieted down. He took the chocolate drink into his hands again and took a sip. “Continue, then.”

“Okay… I don’t really need to know what exactly is happening, but you show signs of breakup. Or at least that of a broken heart. And to that, there are widely-known five stages, though of course they differ from person to person. There’s denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and then acceptance.

“Now I don’t know if those stages apply to you or not. But maybe you’re somewhere around the denial stage, still… where you refuse to acknowledge the loss. So you may still have a very long way to go.”

The younger sighed. “But you said you’ve been through this before, right? How do I skip to the last part? Or maybe just hasten the process?” He asked, basically begging the older for remedies to his predicament.

“Nope, no shortcuts whatsoever.” Namjoon shook his head. “The only way through heart break of this magnitude—no, through any heart break, really, is through. Let it happen. Let the mind and heart just feel how it does, and all you can do it take care of it as it heals. Some people immediately jump into new relationships, and sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn’t. It really depends on the person experiencing it.”

Silence in the office ensued as the older finished his cup of chocolate, while Jungkook could only stare at his. It was not making sense to him, not in the slightest bit. Why would his heart be broken if he was not the one who was rejected?

“That’s good, though.” Namjoon spoke again, putting down his empty cup. “All these years, you’ve been so closed off from everyone around you, emotionally. And now, you’re starting to open up. I really can’t thank that person you were talking about enough. That person basically made you alive.”

“Made me alive?” Jungkook asked, puzzled. “Have I been dead this whole time?” He jokingly asked. In all honesty, he felt it, too.

Park Jimin changed him.

“Biologically, no.” The other answered. “But I can’t call you really alive, either. The point of life is being vulnerable. It’s where growth comes from. It’s where actual life comes from.”

“Here you are, throwing philosophical stuff at me again.” Jungkook chuckled, also downing his own cup of chocolate. “I’m a businessman, hyung. I am not supposed to be vulnerable.”

“Yeah, you are a businessman.” Namjoon agreed. “But before everything else, you are first a human. You’ve rejected vulnerability all your life, and now that you unconsciously exhibit it, you deny it.”

The CEO felt his own throat tighten at the older’s words, as if his whole childhood and the whole reason why he was enjoying his life as the famous youngest CEO flashed right before his eyes.

Judging from the look on the younger’s face, Namjoon knew that he already had enough. He could not really give his brother more information at the risk of inducing a total breakdown, which would, most likely, cause Jungkook even more stress.

“Father would be so proud and happy, though.” The taller stood up from the couch. “He’s always wanted you to enjoy life more. To live more.”

And after a few more reminders as to how he could take care of himself during his emotional turmoil, the tall man left the office with a ringing phone in his hands.

Leaving a conflicted man behind.

Jungkook did not really expect their conversation to take such turn, but for some reason, it actually felt good to him. He could feel that the heavy feeling in his chest was gone, and was replaced with a lighter feeling which was still unpleasant, but still lighter.

But really though, if his brother was right, how could his heart be broken by something that was not real?

Was the hurt also not real?

As if responding to his internal conflict, a headache rippled across his skull, causing the boy to rub his temples as the sensation traveled from the sides to the back of his head. Having enough, he reached for the other medications in his cupboards, found and downed a pill for pain relief.

Moments later, Momo came back to the office, her trusty clipboard and tablet still in hand. She was still wearing a serious look on her face, concentrating on her job.

“Momo,” Jungkook called the girl’s attention, taking his seat back behind the desk. “What appointments did you leave for me today?”

“Nothing, sir.” The secretary answered, smiling. “Kim Namjoon-ssi went by the secretary office before he left and told me to postpone all of your appointments today, since he said you were not physically and mentally healthy today.”

“And you did?”

“Well,” She paused, taking a look at the tablet on her hands for a moment. “With due respect, sir, I honestly think Namjoon-ssi is right. You might as well take a breather for today and do well in other days rather than resume with the appointments at less than optimal condition.”

Groaning once again, the boss put his head onto his open palms, sighing into them. He really, really wanted to tell Momo to retract the postponements, since he did not agree to taking a break, but he was new to this whole ‘broken heart’ thing.

Maybe Namjoon was right on this one. Just like in nearly everything else.

And besides, the older never misled him with useless or wrong advices.

Scared of messing it up even more that it already was if he pushed through with work as usual, Jungkook finally relented.

“Okay then.” He said to the woman, who let out a sigh and a smile of relief. “Just… go do your stuff today. I’ll just ring you when I need something.”

“Thank you, sir.” Momo answered, bowing before finally exiting the office, closing the door softly behind her. Once again leaving the mess of a businessman with his own thoughts, documents for reviewing flashed on his computer screen.

Rubbing his aching head from the recent stressors he had been dealing with, the CEO only groaned as he heard his phone vibrate in his pocket. The pill he took was yet to take effect.

He groggily took device out of his pocket, and read the message. Upon reading the text message, Jungkook immediately straightened in his seat, his heart picking up its pace for reasons unknown.

 

From: Cinderella

Good morning, sir.

Park Jimin came in Pink Princess today, saying that Pink Princess had scouted him. He will be working here from now on as an employee of Kim Seokjin.

Are you aware of this?

 

Pain.

And this time, it was not on his head. It was that uncomfortable feeling he only got when their company loses deals. It was the same feeling of mini-heart attacks when he could not find his phone, or his luxury car keys.

It was what he felt whenever he loses something important.

Jungkook thought of what was going on. His body was reacting to someone leaving his company—a newbie, of all people.

However, said newbie was also an insanely talented one, who always gave his best in everything he did.

Park Jimin was indeed a big loss.

“So that was what happened…” The boy sighed, pushing his tongue against the inside of his cheek. The older, indeed, was avoiding him, and had taken measures to put a considerable distance between them. Maybe if he had not refrained from visiting the design department during his regular visits on departments, he would have noticed something.

Well, it was too late for that. Since getting small doses of Jimin was actually spatially impossible, he would have to resort to distracting himself.

With that thought in mind, the CEO proceeded to resuming his work, reviewing documents due for signing. That was for the first few minutes, at least, since not even after a single document, the frustrated boss groaned loudly again, hitting the table with his closed fist.

“ this!” Jungkook cursed out loud, unable to contain his raging emotions. His work was not interesting enough to distract him from thoughts of a particular small hyung—honestly, there just might be no kind of work which would be enough.

So he turned to his long-time consultant.

“This is ridiculous.” He sighed, pulling up his browser and looking up how to distract himself from the pain he was experiencing.

WikiHow.

Scrolling through the browser page, he looked for something that might be worth trying.

Playing games? Too childish.

Drinking? Nope, he was not planning on breaking an addiction-like problem with another actual addiction.

Exercising? Might work, but given his physical state, he just might pass out on the tread mill.

Go out with someone else.

Namjoon did mention about other people trying to date casually during moments of broken heart. Maybe that would work. After all, if it was not for the whole plot, he would have already asked his nice secretary out.

If he did that now, he would be hitting two birds with one stone. He would be distracting himself from the whole Park Jimin thing, and also getting closer to actually having the cute and diligent secretary as his girlfriend. His first one yet.

Smiling, Jungkook closed the browser window. He then pressed the button corresponding to his secretary’s office, and started internally pep talking himself when the light lit up, indicating that the female already saw the signal.

“She should be on her way now.” The CEO said to himself, smiling. “Hirai Momo, get ready.”