[5]

Habit

Hello guys!!! Sorry for the very, very late update... it was because of internet connection issues T_T. And again, this chapter turned out a lot shorter than I expected, so sorry for waiting for a short, crappy chapter. Hehehe

So... here it goes! I hope you like it!


5

Jungkook took a deep breath to get more oxygen into his brain, hoping that it would help him think more clearly. The message he received from his mole in Pink Princess only made him feel like there was even less time remaining than he initially thought.

At least Kim Seokjin seemed like a friendly person. Getting closer to him would not be that much of a problem. However, getting him to sign a deal with him will take much more than just friendliness.

He needed to gain his trust. In all aspects.

And the fastest way to do that was to get into the same world with him.

“Should I ask Namjoon-hyung?” Jungkook asked to himself. He really did not know how the not-straight world worked, and it would really help if he could enlist the help of someone who at least had an idea. His hyung is biual—and while gay and biual are not the same, Namjoon would still know better than him.

With the thought of getting some help from the elder, Jungkook took his phone, dialed Namjoon’s number, and waited. Only after a few rings did Jungkook realize what was wrong with what he was about to do.

Namjoon had solid values. And Jungkook knew the elder would not approve of what he was about to do. He might even scold Jungkook, if he knew of the younger’s plans. Worst case scenario is Namjoon telling their father what Jungkook was up to.

“Hello?” Namjoon’s voice sounded from the phone, as Jungkook was too late in pressing the ‘end call’ button on his screen.

“H-Hi, hyung.” Jungkook stuttered into the receiver. He quickly cleared his throat before speaking again. “Where are you now?”

“In the music department.” The elder answered. “Why?”

“N-Nothing. Ahahaha…” Jungkook awkwardly answered. “I was just… uhm… curious.”

“Jungkook—”

“That’s really all, hyung.” Jungkook interrupted. “I’ll go now. Okay, bye!”

“Yah—”

And he ended the call. Jungkook scrunched his face up in disgust towards his own stupidity. How could he have not thought of Namjoon’s values before he made the call?

“Ahhh… I’m sure he knows something’s up.” The young CEO groaned, and rubbed his temples in frustration. He needed to think of something to say to the elder once he comes to ask Jungkook about the call. And this time, he needed to think a little bit more carefully.

It would not be so easy to dupe someone with an IQ of 148.

 

 

“Oh god…” Jimin mumbled, sighing afterwards as he scanned the files the department head sent him. His reaction was nothing about the assignment. It was about his work condition.

He just could not believe his luck. How could he—out of all the people on Earth—offend his boss, even before he started working in the company? If he lost the job because of what happened on the day of his interview, he would probably have to go home to Busan and get a job that pays, at least. Maybe this whole working in Seoul thing was not for him.

“Why me?”

“Are you alright?” Taehyung asked from his side, the said man appearing right after, riding his office chair.

“Yeah.” Jimin answered. “Do I not look like I’m fine?”

“Well, you don’t look stressed, I should say,” Taehyung retorted, tilting his head to one side. “You just… sound stressed. All I heard from you since you came in today are sighs, groans and ‘oh god’s.”

Jimin blinked once. Twice. And then, he released another groan that got Taehyung chuckling.

“I’m the most unlucky person in all of Korea, Tae.” Jimin sadly stated. “I really am.”

“Awww… don’t say that, come on.” The other answered. “At least you still have a job.”

“At least for now, I do.” Jimin said. “Once our boss has decided I’m no fun anymore, he’ll fire me. I’m sure of that.”

“Maybe.” Taehyung shrugged, returning to his cubicle. “Or maybe not. Who knows? Just focus on work, for now.”

Jimin nodded in understanding. “You know what? You’re right.” He said before standing up to get his cup of coffee. He liked it creamy, but since he was stressed, he made the drink extra creamy, and also added a little bit more sugar. Leave it to good, sweet, and creamy coffee to lift his mood.

“I’ll just have to work hard, so when the time comes that he would want to fire me, he would not have that much grounds to do so. Firing me will be a loss on his part.” Jimin smiled, encouraging himself. His family back in Busan are depending on him. His parents are already old—it is about time for him to give them a comfortable life.

And he was not going to let some immature boss ruin that.

With that thought in mind, Jimin went back to his cubicle, and got to work. First off was research about the current trends in event design and aesthetics. Channeling the researching skills that he honed during his education, Jimin started on his task with enthusiasm and renewed spirits.

 

 

Jungkook squinted his eyes in front of his computer screen, trying to make sense of the words written on the Wikihow page of “How to Gain People’s Trust.” Yes, he was already that desperate. But sometimes, dire situations require dire measures.

The young CEO was already on the verge of losing hope, but he knew better than to give up. Every minute that he spent doing nothing was time for the competition to win over the hearts of the board of Pink Princess, and that fact was stressing Jungkook out.

He was in the middle of section two on the Wikihow page when he heard the door bell, prompting him to hurriedly close the browser tab of the not-so-trustworthy source he decided to consult. He momentarily fixed himself up before pressing the button on his table to open the speakers.

“Who is it?” He asked.

“Namjoon.”

Upon learning that it was his brother, Jungkook took a deep breath before pressing another button to open the door. “Hey, what’s up, hyung.”

“I should be asking that question to you.” Namjoon answered. “Why’d you call me?”

“I was just wondering if you’re fine.” Jungkook hastily answered. “Nothing more, really.”

“Really?” Namjoon queried. He raised his brow on his brother, and gauged his reaction. Seeing that Jungkook was unfazed, Namjoon dropped the attempt. He knew how stubborn his younger brother could be. Insisting was pointless.

“Okay, I get it.” Namjoon sighed. “I’ll just trust on you whatever that is, Kook.”

The older’s words had an effect on the said male. It made Jungkook feel a bit guilty because of his plans. He knew what he was about to do was wrong, morally, but he would still do it for the company. He was not going to let his employees down. He was not going to let his father down.

Jungkook just nodded at Namjoon, feeling the awkwardness in the room slowly, but constantly growing. The younger felt like it was just him who could feel it.

“By the way,” Jungkook started, trying to divert his hyung’s attention. “Do you know of new employees in the company?”

“Uhmmm… yeah.” Namjoon answered. “There’s only one, though. Park Jimin.”

“Park Jimin?” The younger asked, to which his brother nodded to. “The short one? With small eyes?”

“Yeah, yeah, that one.”

“Park Jimin, huh?” Jungkook nodded to himself, smirking. Now he knew of the newbie’s name. It was only a matter of time before he could get his revenge on the poor creature.

“I was actually the one who interviewed him.” Namjoon said, recalling his first meeting with the subject of their conversation. “He seemed really nice.

“Oh really?” Jungkook asked, getting more amused with the information. “Tell me more about him.”

“From what I remember,” Namjoon started. “Park Jimin quit his old job because he did not like how the company did not value the artistic value of the employees’ ideas, and only seek to serve customers. He was a new graduate from a university in Busan. Actually, he has a very, very under-decorated, unimpressive CV.”

Jungkook raised his eyebrow at his brother, confused that the older actually hired Park Jimin despite being overqualified for the job.

“I know, I know, it doesn’t seem like me to hire someone like that.” Namjoon said, nodding. “But Min Yoongi was the one who recommended him, and he trusts him so much.”

“Min Yoongi?” Jungkook asked. “Min Yoongi as in the Min Yoongi music department head?”

“Yes, that one.”

“Hmmm… that’s interesting.” Jungkook said. “He must be really good, if that genius from the music department trusts him that much.”

“Yeah, but there’s also… something.” Namjoon added. “I think I remember Yoongi-hyung mentioning that Park Jimin was his ex-boyfriend or something of that sort.”

“Ohh… I see.”

“And surprisingly, they seem pretty close, even though they used to be lovers.”

“I know…” Jungkook trailed off, already internally rejoicing. After knowing that the new employee was very inexperienced, and that he was basically hired because of his connections to the company, Jungkook knew that torturing Park Jimin will be an easy task. He was an easy target.

“Is there… something…”

“Nothing, hyung.” Jungkook said. “Thanks, that’s all I wanted to know.”

“Okay then.” Namjoon said, standing up from his seat. “I guess I’ll be going now.”

“Okay, hyung.”

And with that, Namjoon left Jungkook to his own thoughts. He mentally took note of everything that he learned from the conversation, and focused back on his task at hand.

Dealing with Park Jimin can come later. For now, wooing Kim Seokjin to be his business partner is a more important, immediate concern.

Jungkook searched for ‘gay relationships’ in his browser tab, and scanned the results. He eventually comes across an article featuring a talk about gay relationships in modern Korea. The talk that Kim Seokjin mentioned.

The young CEO scrunched his nose in disgust upon seeing the cover photo of the article—a couple, two men, kissing. It was unnatural for Jungkook. Yes, he might or might not have seen a few videos of male to male ‘action’, back when he was still exploring as a confused teenager. But even then, he did not like seeing kissing between two people of the same .

Jungkook was just about to close the browser tab of the article when he noticed someone at the background. It was Seokjin, holding a microphone, sporting a huge smile on his face. His hands were also positioned as if he was just about to clap for the couple.

“He’s really supportive when it comes to things like this.” Jungkook said to himself. His thoughts of proceeding with the plan was getting stronger and stronger by the second.  “Ughhh… what do I do now?”

His super stressed state was interrupted by another sound of the door bell.

“Who is it?”

“Hirai Momo, sir.”

“Okay.”

After Jungkook unlocked the door for his secretary, the female entered the room, and smiled at her boss.

“I was just gonna update you with your schedule for today.” Momo said, her voice still the usual high-pitched, cutesy one. “For today, you are free. You don’t have any appointment left.”

“Oh, I see.” Jungkook said, nodding. He then looked at Momo and gave her a smile. “You may go home now. Rest.”

“Thank you, sir.” Momo said, bowing. “You, too, sir. Remember to rest every once in a while.”

The man chuckled a bit at Momo’s words. “Yes, yes, thanks, and I will.” And then the secretary left.

Jungkook was, again, left to think. He knew that the fastest way to get to Seokjin was through his plan. However, he could not just pretend to date a man just like that. Kim Seokjin might not be someone as smart as Jungkook’s brother, but he could not be too careful.

Then, he should look for someone who at least experienced in same- relationships.

“Wait a sec.” Jungkook paused, realizing something. “If Min Yoongi and Park Jimin dated in the past… that must mean…” He stopped, smiling.

“Min Yoongi and Park Jimin are at least biual!” Jungkook said out loud, cheering on his own. “Oh my god! And that music guy is a genius! He won’t this thing up!”

But then again, he remembered Yoongi’s reputation in the company. Yes, he was a genius, but the guy had a terrible temper. And he was known to spit fire when pissed off.

Jungkook shuddered at bit a thought.

But between Park Jimin and Min Yoongi, Jungkook would still settle for the latter. There was no way he was going to ask the former to do something very important, after remembering how careless the newbie could be.

He just had to prepare himself for Min Yoongi and his sharp tongue. And probably, he also had to prepare his bank account, in case the genius refused.

After all, everything had a price.