[27]

Habit

Hello everyone!

It's been some time since the last time I updated this story... sorry for yet another late update. It's just that... my life has gotten a lot more complicated lately. :)) I would like to apologize for the mess up ahead, since I am in less-than-ideal emotional condition when I finished writing this chapter.

I still hope that you enjoy this update, though. :))

Without further ado, here it is!


27

 

Jungkook grunted as he hit his steering wheel in frustration, with the voice of the network operator playing in his background. He once again tried to dial the only contact number he had for the older, only to let out a defeated sigh once greeted by the same voice that seemed to mock him.

The number you have dialed is currently unavailable…

“ it.” Jungkook cussed out load, proceeding to drive again once the traffic lights turned green. Maybe Jimin’s phone only ran out of battery? It was not even ringing when he called. He had tried contacting the designer for at least ten times now since he dropped Momo off, and not once did the attempt result in something different from the irritating pre-recorded operator.

The whole the drive to his own residence, the CEO kept on trying to reach Jimin, hoping that for some of fate, one of his call attempts would get through. However, even as he pulled over the garage of the condominium where he actually lived, he was not able to contact him.

Groaning, Jungkook disconnected his phone from his car and went straight to the elevator, his phone clutched tightly in his hand, resisting the urge to once again try, since he was not alone in the lift. However, once he reached his own unit, he immediately tried to contact the older again, going straight for the couch and plopping his tired body down, exhaustion from the day’s date starting to take its toll on him.

Jungkook could already feel his jaw clenching painfully from his frustration.

“Shower.” He said to himself, standing up from the couch and loosening his tie. “I need a hot shower.”

With the thought in mind, the CEO proceeded to climb the stairs to his room, stopping in his tracks when his doorbell suddenly rang.

“What?” His brows knitted together in laced confusion and irritation, confused as to who his visitor was, and irritated that said visitor decided to ring the bell just when he was about to take a shower.

However, those two emotions were replaced with relief when he finally opened the door and came face to face with one of the people he trusted the most.

“Hyung!”

“Oh, wow, you’re actually here.” Namjoon muttered, coming into the place with a plastic bag of food in his one hand. “I brought dinner just in case. If I didn’t find you here, I would’ve gone straight to your office.”

“Thank you, hyung.” Jungkook responded, taking the bags and putting them on the counter. “Take a seat hyung… I’ll just have a quick shower, is that okay? I just got back and I stink.”

“You always stink.” The older retorted, smiling at the scowl that he received from the younger.

Once in his room, Jungkook let out a sigh. He took a change of house clothes with him to the shower and proceeded to clean up.

With the warm water sliding across his skin and providing him a calming effect, the CEO finally realized the situation he was in. Just when he was going through a tough and complicated time—at least, for his case—his wise-beyond-his-years brother suddenly arrived, as if the bunny gods had taken pity and went on to send a person such as his older brother.

However, him being one of the most intelligent people in the whole country did not really mean that he could read minds. So Jungkook had to still figure out a way to effectively tell Namjoon what was going on. For one, the older surely would not make that much fuss about him realizing that he was not straight, since he himself was not, either.

Turning the shower off and walking out to dry off, Jungkook once again let out a groan, not really being able to come up with a good way to consult the other with his problem.

“ it.” Jungkook cursed. “I’m just gonna tell him to shut up and listen to me rant about whatever comes to my mind!”

After changing into his clothes, Jungkook walked out of his room and joined his brother in the living room, who already settled down and removed his coat, lying down on the couch with the television remote in his hand.

“You hungry?” Namjoon asked the younger as he descended the stairs. The food he bought had already been unpacked, and were spread into a feast on the table. “I can tell by your looks. You wanna talk about something. Let’s do that over dinner, okay?”

“Okay, hyung.” Jungkook responded, at this point already putting the ball on the older’s hands.

The taller nodded, pulling closer to him a bowl of food and proceeding to digging in with his chopsticks. “Spit it out, then.”

“Okay, here goes.” The younger took a deep breath, and reached out for a piece of chicken before starting his rant.

“Hyung, when and how did you know that you weren’t straight?”

Namjoon raised his brow at his brother, surprised at how he was starting off. “Well, it was when I first met the one and only person that I ever loved. Romantically, I mean.”

At his answer, the younger nodded in understanding.

“Remember the little script that you had me write in the past? Like… when you asked me to write a short story about how two guys met and fell in love?”

“Yeah?”

“That’s basically how I met my ex-boyfriend.” Namjoon revealed, letting the other know more about a part of himself that he never talked about with anybody anymore.

The revelation, on the other hand, put a shocked expression on Jungkook’s face.

 

“Y-You may take your seats again. Thank you.” Seokjin said to the two as he reclaimed his position at the center of the stage. Once he was alone in front again, he was finally not able to hold back and started sobbing.

Both Jimin and Jungkook were surprised by the older’s reaction to their story. Their tale was not really something special—in fact, it was very cliché, as Jimin had pointed out. But for some reason, it made the speaker cry.

“I-I’m sorry.” Seokjin apologized through the tears wracking his body. “I-It was a sweet story, really. So cute.” He continued. “B-But…believe it or not… it’s the same as m-my story with my… first love.”

The crowd fell silent after the speaker’s confession. They could only watch with heavy hearts as Seokjin struggled to continue speak.

“As in… it’s exactly the same…” The broad-shouldered man continued when he managed to stabilize himself. The tears were still flowing, but at least he could already speak. “Wow… I did not expect that. We also first met in a filled café on a Friday, and had our first date in an amusement park where we spent the whole day. Just… wow.”

Confused, Jimin looked at Jungkook, hoping for answers on whether the latter knew about Kim Seokjin’s love story and was using it to gain more leverage. Jungkook only shrugged his shoulders at him.

“It’s the same… but the only difference is that,” Seokjin continued, gazing at the two who were still confused by the turn of events. “Is that you guys are happy together today, while I’m here, alone and single.” He then let out an embarrassed laugh, which lightened up the very heavy atmosphere that the moment caused.

“Yes, I’m single.” Seokjin continued, wiping away the last tears that rolled down his cheeks. “Yes, I’m alone, but that does not mean I’m lonely. And after all those boyfriends, I realized, I don’t need a man, at least for now. Because I already know who my heart really wants. And while we will never know if we would ever meet again, all I can do now is wait.

“Wait for him to come back to me, wait for our paths to cross again. And along the way, I should keep on improving myself, so when the time comes—when our time finally comes—I can give the best of me to him, to my first love.

“But if that time doesn’t come in this life, it’s okay. I can wait longer than a lifetime, if it means in the end, I will be with him.”

 

“Y-Yah, hyung,” The younger stuttered, sitting straight on his couch. “A-Are you Kim Seokjin’s ex-boyfriend?”

“What?!” Namjoon answered with his own question, surprised at how the CEO knew. “How did you know?”

“Oh my god, you really are him…” Jungkook sighed. “I’m really sorry, hyung… But I think I really have to apologize.”

“Apologize for what?”

“Okay, hyung,” He started, getting ready for what was surely a sermon from the older. “I asked you to write that story so I could use it with a plan.”

“A plan for what?”

“To get Pink Princess to sign a deal with Wings.” Jungkook finally admitted. “Yeah, the company Kim Seokjin owns.

“We were already losing the deal when I came up with the plan, wanting to get ahead of the competition by building a close relationship with mr. Kim. During one my lunches with him, I learned that he was not straight. So in order to… hasten the process, I pretended to be not straight as well, and got myself a fake boyfriend to introduce with him.”

“You did what?!”

“Shhhh! Let me finish, hyung!” Jungkook shushed Namjoon when the latter tried to interrupt his story. He was already giving the younger judgmental looks which he had already expected.

“So, I got myself a fake boyfriend, in the form of Park Jimin, the new recruit from design department.” The CEO paused, taking note of the weird jump in his chest when he muttered the designer’s name. “The only people that I knew weren’t straight were him and Min Yoongi, so of course I chose him. Mr. Min would kill me.

“And then, we started the operation. Park Jimin and I got to know each other more every now and then, and met with Kim Seokjin together for casual and business get-togethers. The script that I had you write? We used that as our background story when people asked how we met.

“Kim Seokjin bought the act… even though Park Jimin and I agreed to only act as boyfriends in front of him and other pertinent people. We even made a deal—none of us is allowed to fall for the other, and once the deal was struck, we will have to end the fake relationship.”

“And you didn’t keep your end of the bargain, right?” Namjoon asked, raising his brow at his brother. He smiled sadly when he responded with a slow nod.

“Well, he didn’t either, to be honest.”  Jungkook added. “He actually confessed first.”

“And knowing you, you rejected the poor guy harshly.” The older finished the story for the other, earning a questioning look from the CEO and chuckling once he sighed in defeat.

“I… I really didn’t know what was going on with me back then, but now I just wanna apologize to him and hug him and… all that sweet, sappy stuff.” The younger took another piece of chicken, and proceeded to take a huge bite from it.

“Then why didn’t you call him? I’m sure you have his phone number, right?”

“Well, I tried, like… a million times already.” Jungkook answered, a pout appearing on his face. “His phone won’t even ring.”

“Oh, so maybe he blocked you.” Namjoon deduced for the other, causing an even more prominent pout to appear on his face. “Why don’t you just call him to your office tomorrow?”

And to that, Jungkook explained to the older how Park Jimin no longer worked in Wings, having left fairly recently and opting to get the job Kim Seokjin offered to him as a designer in Pink Princess.

“Oh god… poor little thing.” He moved closer to his younger brother, giving him a pat on the shoulder to convey his empathy. “I know how it feels—losing someone due to you own naivety is just… one of the worst feelings in the world, really.”

“I know, hyung.” Jungkook answered, letting out another burdened sigh. “It’s just… actually I am not really a hundred percent sure if I really love him… it’s just that since I rejected him, I’ve been feeling so empty and miserable… and whenever I think of him and that stupid smiling face of his, my heart does little summersaults that it’s almost painful and—”

“Oh god, you’re so whipped for him.” Namjoon laughed, messing with the younger’s hair.

“Oh god, I feel sick.” The other retorted, pouting. “Like, really. I kinda feel hot inside.”

The older raised a brow at the shorter, putting a hand on his forehead. “You actually feel warm.” He said, proceeding to resuming his dinner right after. “Maybe it’s your lack of proper rest finally catching up with you. You’re surely drained, physically and emotionally.”

“Well,” Jungkook agreed, also resuming his dinner. “I do feel like hell right now.”

“Finish your dinner fast, then get some rest in your room.” Namjoon instructed, picking up a piece of kimchi and putting it in the younger’s bowl. “I’ll stay the night and clean this up.”

 

 

“That’s the second, huh?”

Hyejin noted as Jimin passed by her with a cup of coffee in his hands. He actually did not need the caffein that much, since he had been pretty well-rested since he moved to Pink Princess. It was just that he loved the taste of coffee.

That, or he was becoming a coffee addict.

“Good morning, everyone!” A loud, booming voice made the short designer abruptly stop in his tracks, causing the drink in his cup to almost spill over the brim. He looked over to the entrance and found his best friend smiling from ear to ear, grinning at all the designers in the office, who looked at him with perplexed expressions.

“T-Tae?”

“Oh my god, where’s Jiminie?” Taehyung asked to no one, looking around and using his height to his advantage. Once he had spotted the shorter, he immediately rushed to him and enclosed him in a hug.

“I missed you, Jiminie!”

“Tae, what are you doing here?” Jimin asked, confused. “Are you not supposed to be working in Wings right now?”

“I’m visiting you, that’s what.” The taller answered, pulling away from the hug for a while to pinch the other’s cheeks. “Hmmm… you’re looking really healthy now.”

“Uhm, thanks?” He chuckled weirdly, still unsure of what to make of the situation. “How did you get here, anyways? I don’t think you’ve…” He paused, looking around to check if Wheein was listening to them. “…been here.”

Taehyung opened his mouth to answer, but he was beaten to it by someone else.

“I let him in.” Seokjin suddenly chimed in, approaching the two with a smile in his face. “Good morning, everyone!”

“Good morning, sir!” The employees all answered, standing up briefly to give the CEO a proper bow of acknowledgement.

“I… came across him outside when I was coming in, so I showed him around.” The oldest of the three continued, smirking at the knowing gaze Jimin sent back. The fact that Taehyung was his brother was still a secret, even to the employees of Pink Princess, so they had to be cautious.

Especially in the design department, Jimin thought. Wheein would surely report to Jungkook if she knew anything about it.

“You’re lucky sir Kim let you in, Tae.”

“I know.” Taehyung answered, winking at the shorter. “Yah, Jiminie, continue with your work. I’ll pay Hoseok-hyung a visit.”

“Okay then.” He answered, pointing at his own cubicle. “That’s me, okay? Don’t bother other people.”

“Yes sir!”

And with that, Taehyung left the other designer in favor of visiting the department head. Seokjin also followed the eccentric male to the office, proceeding to the actual reason as to why he came to the design department in the first place.

With the two gone, Jimin went back to his cubicle and started with another new assignment, opting to stop working on the music video for a while so he could produce actual finished outputs first. The design job he had chosen to devote his time to involved a printed advertisement. It was his least favorite type of design assignment, he would have to do it sooner or later, either way.

He was in the middle to making a new file for the job when he was ambushed by Taehyung.

“What are you working on, Jiminie?” He asked, looking over the shorter’s shoulder to take a look at the screen. “It that a billboard?”

“Yeah, it is.” Jimin answered, saving the file with a file name he would be able to recognize easily. “You know I don’t like these assignments, but, oh well.”

“I know.” The other responded. He then reached out and grabbed the other’s phone sitting on the desk, opening it with the passcode that he had so graciously deduced in the past by looking at Jimin’s fingerprints. Upon opening the device, however, his face quickly changed to that of surprise.

“Oh, you’re using Tinder?”

“Oh my god, Tae…” Jimin groaned, grabbing the device again from the taller, and yet failing, since Taehyung immediately moved away from him to open the notification.

“Oh, a new match with Park Chanyeol… whoever this is. Damn he’s kinda cute.” Taehyung nodded to himself, pointedly ignoring the look that the other casted at him, having already abandoned his work to deal with the intruder.

“Damn, so really used Tinder, huh?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“And you’re hella famous!” Taehyung suddenly whooped, nodding in amazement. “When did you make this account?”

“Last night?” Jimin answered, to which the other responded with a jaw drop. “Why?”

“Just last night, and yet you already have ninety-nine plus likes?”

The phone owner’s brows curled, perplexed at what Taehyung was talking about. The latter then showed him the part of the application’s interface which showed the number of users that had already swiped right for him.

“Oh… that’s weird.” Jimin said. “I only put normal photos there.”

“That’s how gorgeous you are, Jimi— oh my god!”

Taehyung’s compliment was cut short by the device in his hands, which, all of a sudden, started vibrating.

“What?”

“Someone’s calling.” Taehyung answered, immediately handing the phone back to its owner. Once it was in Jimin’s hands, he took a look at the unregistered number flashed on his screen.

“Who is it?”

The only response that Jimin could give the taller was a shrug, opting to answer the call.

“Good morning. Park Jimin speaking, who is it?” He opened, his confused face morphing to that of surprise a few moments later.

“Oh, hello sir.” He continued, his tone suddenly changing to a more professional one. “I… I’ve been well. Oh… lunch, sir? Hmm…”  He hesitated for a while, looking his friend, who was surely going to invite him out to eat lunch later during the day. And as if Taehyung could reach his mind, he gave the other designer a knowing nod, giving him the signal that it was alright.

“O-Okay sir. Lunch is good.” He finally answered to the phone’s receiver. “Okay sir, see you later. Thank you.”

And with that, the call ended. Once Jimin removed the phone from his ear, Taehyung came closer to inspect.

“Who was that?”

“A big person from Wings.” Jimin answered. “Kim Namjoon, don’t you know him?”

“Kim Namjoon?” Taehyung asked, his brows curling in concentration. “It… It sounds familiar. But I haven’t met anyone in Wings with that name.”

“Eh? That’s weird.” The other retorted. “He’s Jungkook’s older brother… well, he’s not really working in Wings, but yeah, you get the point. He’s actually the one who interviewed me when I applied for a job there.”

“Oh… I see, I see.” Kim Taehyung nodded. “I still… don’t know him. But… yeah.”

“You’re being weird.” The shorter chuckled, turning in his chair again to face the screen. “Since I’ll be having lunch with him, do you wanna eat snacks or dinner with me later instead?”

“Oh, that’ll be great!”

 

 

 

Namjoon did not bother knocking on the door, not really wanting to disturb the younger in his rest. Instead, he simply pushed the door to his room open, carefully and slowly, to give Jungkook ample amount of time to react if he did not want the older in his room.

But as he had expected, the musician found the CEO still in deep sleep, albeit looking rather pale.

And he was sweating rather profusely.

Just from the looks of it, Namjoon already knew what was going on. His brother was fine, actually—he was just going through another one of his body “resets”, where his body take the brunt of the continuous stress caused by his conflicting feelings.

The reconciliation always caused Jungkook flu-like symptoms. The same thing happened to him only twice in the past, and they were always during intense emotional turmoil

“Mmm…” The boy groaned in his sleep, stirring and pulling the thick covers to himself more tightly. The room was already pretty warm in Namjoon’s opinion, but Jungkook was still having chills.

To make him more comfortable, the man went over to the air conditioning unit’s controls and adjusted the temperature of the room to warm it up a little bit more. Once that was settled, he pulled out his phone from his pajama pocket and dialed Momo’s number.

“Ah yes, good morning, Momo-ssi.” Namjoon greeted the girl, who politely returned his greeting. “You see, Jungkook is sick today. He’s not up from his bed yet, that’s how bad it is.” He explained, pacing around the bed to adjust the curtains. “I’ll need you to postpone all of his appointments for the next three days. I’ll take care of him. For the meantime, just inform me of all urgent matters that he will need to attend to, okay?” He paused, listening to the girl as she repeated his instructions to double check.

Once he was sure that the secretary understood, Namjoon quickly thanked the girl before hanging up.

The older brother casted a sorry look at the sleeping boy, who had already eased up in his sleep, no longer clasping the covers tightly like his life depended on them. Of the two of them, Jungkook had always been the more emotionally-constipated sibling, opting to keep everything for himself until, like a worn-out dam, the burden got too much that he broke down. Even though it took so much to cause the CEO to break down.

But once he breaks down, Namjoon knew that he would not be able to function well at all. And just like every time it happened in the past, he would stay by his side to lend his support.

Especially now, since Jungkook was new to the whole romance thing, the more-experienced Namjoon would have to step in.

With that thought in mind, he pulled up Yoongi’s contact to ask for Jimin’s number, which the older gave without much question. With the designer’s contact, Namjoon took a deep breath before pressing the call button.

He was well aware that the boy was probably already working, but knowing Seokjin and his very chill nature, it would not be much of a problem for Park Jimin to pick his phone up in the middle of his shift. Unless they were in a meeting.

“Good morning. Park Jimin speaking, who is it?”

“Park Jimin-ssi, good morning.” Namjoon answered, smiling at the sweet voice that the younger had. “It’s Kim Namjoon.”

Oh, hello sir.”

“How have you been in your new job?”

“I… I’ve been well.”

“So, I called,” He continued, opting to skip the small talk and get to the point. It was already well past eight in the morning, and he was yet to get breakfast both for himself and his sick brother. “Because I was wondering if you’re available for lunch today. I have something to discuss with you.”

Oh… lunch, sir? Hmm…” The person on the other end of the line went silent for the while, seemingly deliberating if he would he could agree with his proposal. Namjoon knew Jimin did not exactly have much free time, so he was probably checking his schedule.

“O-Okay sir. Lunch is good.” Jimin finally answered after a short while, making Namjoon release a sigh he did not know he had been holding.

“Okay okay, that’s great, then.” He said to the receiver. “I’ll see you later, then. Just somewhere close to your workplace, so you’d spend less time travelling.”

He waited for the person on the other end to answer before ending the call. “Okay sir, see you later. Thank you.”

After the call, Namjoon started the leave the room as he dialed another number to order food for the two of them. He went back to the guest room, where he left his personal belongings, and grabbed his laptop bag before trudging back to his brother’s room to continue watching over him.

It was very rare for Jungkook to get sick, and when it happened, it was mostly due to stress. And like that in common belief, the very low frequency at which he got sick was balanced out by the severity of his condition during the very rare times that he did get sick.

Namjoon heaved a sigh as he opened his laptop to get something done while keeping watch. “Poor Jungkookie…” He said, knowing full well that said boy could not really hear him. “I feel like this is partly my fault… you’re forced to be tough and to grow fast because of me. And this is the least I could do to make it up to you for the tough life you lived because of me.”

Soon after, the door bell rang, indicating the arrival of the food that Namjoon had ordered for the two of them. Grabbing an electric heater in the kitchen, and setting it up in Jungkook’s room, the older quickly ate his breakfast and washed the dirty kitchenware right after.

He had also brought into the younger’s room a pitcher of water, a drinking glass, and some medications that his little brother might want to take to help with the symptoms he was experiencing.

Once happy with the setup, Namjoon proceeded to take a piece of paper and write reminders on it, before leaving it near the food and preparing for the day.

Once brunch time arrived, he left the condominium unit and took his car to the restaurant that Jimin had texted to him beforehand. As he had wanted, it was close to Pink Princess, to minimize the hassle their meet up would cause on the designer.

The drive was a pretty long one, taking a little more than an hour, thanks to the heavier-than-usual traffic and the long distance between Jungkook’s residence and the corporate building where Jimin worked. However, when he got to the western-inspired restaurant that the younger had told him of, Jimin was still not there.

Since he was the first one to arrive in their meeting place, Namjoon took the liberty to settle on a seat of his choice. He could not help but feel a little on edge—he was, after all, near Kim Seokjin’s company. He occasionally looked around the place to make sure that the wide-shouldered man was not around, since among the last things that he wanted to do was to appear before the older’s eyes.

“You’re already so successful, hyung.” Namjoon said to himself, sighing. “As long as you got your dream, I am happy.”

“Good day, sir.” A familiar high-pitched voice pulled him out of his thoughts of his past lover, prompting him to look up. “I’m sorry for being late.”

“No, it’s okay!” Namjoon answered, smiling at the man. “Nice to meet you again, Park Jimin-ssi.”

“The honor is mine, sir.” Jimin retorted, bowing again before taking the seat opposite the older. “Shall we order something first?”

“Oh, yes, of course!”

After ordering their lunches, the two fell into the usual pleasantries of talking about normal current-day events such as the weather, the traffic and such. It was only after the food arrived did Jimin begin the conversation about what he had been wanting to say to the older since he called that morning.

“Namjoon-ssi, I wanted to apologize.” He began, looking serious. “I was not able to repay the kindness that you showed to me by hiring me, even though the only qualification that I have really is that Yoongi-hyung trusts me.”

“Don’t say that, Jimin-ssi.” Namjoon responded. “It’s true that your portfolio was… underwhelming.  But in the short time that you stayed in Wings, you’ve already done so much. You even helped in securing a very important deal.”

“W-What?”

“Jungkook already told me everything.” The taller answered. “I now know about the whole plot and pretending thing that you did with Jungkook, so you two could get close to Jin.”

“Jin?” Jimin asked, confused as to how Namjoon addressed his boss. “You mean Kim Seokjin, right?”

“Right,” The older answered, clearing his throat. “Yeah, Kim Seokjin. Pink Princess’s CEO.”

“So he already told you, I see.” Jimin nodded in understanding. Coming to the lunch meet up, he already knew that at one point or another, they would be talking about his former boss. To say that he was prepared for it was one thing.

But to say that he was not affected by the topic would be lying.

“Jungkook,” He started, his voice softer and lower than it usually was. “How is he?”

“Honestly, not good.” Namjoon answered, shrugging as he continued to slice a piece of meat. “I got here straight from his unit… I was there taking care of him, since he’s sick.”

“H-He’s sick?”

“Yes,” Namjoon nodded, putting his utensils down. He then directed his gaze to the younger. “But that isn’t the reason why I came to talk to you.”

Jimin gulped. The intense gaze from the musician made him feel uneasy—exposed, like he was under scrutiny by a microscope. He was ready to respond to hard-hitting questions from the older when he was taken aback by the next words that came out of Namjoon’s mouth.

“I wanna say sorry to you, on behalf of my brother.” He seriously continued, looking down in deep thought. “It must have been tough on you… based on Yoongi-hyung’s accounts of you, you were not the type of person to agree to those kinds of plots to deceive other people. I’m terribly sorry for what his idea put you through.”

“T-That…” Jimin stuttered, not really knowing how to respond to the apology he was not expecting. He pursed his lips to stop himself from talking and saying words that he had not put his thought into, and sighed.

“It’s okay, Namjoon-ssi,” He finally answered, putting his hands on his lap. “I also needed money at that time, so it wasn’t like I was not at fault at all.”

“I am also aware of the… emotional consequences the whole thing had brought to you two.” Namjoon continued. “I know that he hurt you a lot.”

“Again, that was my fault in the first place.” Jimin confessed, recalling the night that he had brought upon himself his own undoing. “We clearly agreed that whatever we had that time was all just as act. It was I who failed to fulfill that part of the contract.”

“Well, not exactly…” Namjoon trailed off, ignoring the questioning gaze that the younger gave him due to his vague answer. “It just that… please listen to me, Park Jimin-ssi.

“Jungkook… he’s a successful businessman who’s gained a lot of fame for being one of the most brilliant minds in business, especially at such a young age. But under all that, he’s still a kid who grew up too fast. He’s still yet to learn a lot of things about human interactions and relationships and emotions.”

“I-I don’t think I’m getting what you’re telling me, sir…”

“What I am saying is,” The supposed-heir of Wings leaned closer on the table, meaning for the designer to understand him and listen to him. “Jungkookie… he’s still immature. I’m just… asking you to not completely shut him out. He’s far from the perfect guy media makes him seem like… he still doesn’t’ understand even his own feelings.”

With the taller’s words, Jimin felt his heart pick up its pace, a feeling he had consciously stopped himself from having since he had come to accept that Jungkook did not like him back.

“Just… don’t give up on him yet.”