[7]

Habit

Hello guys!!! Sorry for the very late update. It's because the semester just ended, so I just finished the finals week! And now I am back! But now, the problem is, it's vacation, so I will stay in my province. That means I won't be able to update due to the lack of internet connection!!! T_T I am really sorry guys!
So, for now, here's the next chapter!


7

“What?”

Jungkook snapped his head to the direction of the smaller male, confused. He watched as Jimin took a deep breath, his chest expanding as he filled it with much-needed oxygen, before repeating the words he just said.

“I’ll do it.” Jimin said, his eyes settling on anything that was not the younger. “The… boyfriend thingy.”

He was originally planning on getting the whole ordeal done without looking at Jungkook’s eyes, but he was not able to control his temper when he heard a scoff from him.

Jimin looked up, only to see his boss smiling smugly at him, his hands in his pockets. “W-What?” He questioned.

“Nothing.” Jungkook answered, his expression not even changing a bit. “I was just wondering. What made you change your mind?”

“None of your business.” Jimin bravely countered, putting up a tough front. “Are you in or what?”

“I wouldn’t have asked you if I had any other option, would I?” Jungkook answered. “Just a while ago you were babbling about being raised well and what-not. And here you are—”

“Yah!” Jimin interjected, cutting the younger’s words. He did not like where Jungkook was going with his speech. “S-Stop right there!”

“Why would I?”

“Because…” Jimin trailed off, thinking. “I have… three… conditions.” He said holding out three of his short fingers. “Three conditions. Do all or no boyfriend.”

Jungkook answered with a sneer complete with eye roll. “So demanding.” He said, still staring down at Jimin. “Okay, tell me.”

“Firstly,” Jimin started, gathering courage. He was still unsure of what he was about to do, but a quick imagery of his parents suffering back in Busan was enough for him to set his pride aside. “I’m gonna be a good employee and only ask for you to double my salary and not triple.”

“Wow… the audacity…” Jungkook mumbled, not wanting to agitate Jimin even more. He did not want to cross lines to the point that the newbie would back out.

“Is it a deal or not?”

“Okay, deal.” Jungkook answered loud enough for Jimin to hear. “Condition two?”

“I need money. Now.” Jimin answered, silently mourning for himself. The situation in which his family is in put his back against the ropes. He had no other choice at the moment. Bracing himself, Jimin continued. “A month’s worth. Now.”

“Hey! That’s—”

“Take it or leave it!” Jimin butted in even before Jungkook coulg finish his objection. There was a moment of silence between the two of them before Jungkook let out a frustrated sigh and reached for the checkbook inside his coat.

“Okay, deal.” The younger answered opening the booklet and taking out a pen to sign it. He continued complaining as he focused on writing. “I couldn’t believe you’re like this.” Jungkook said. “You look like a five-year old yet you’re even greedier than businessmen.”

He just continued signing the slip, oblivious to the effect of his words on the older, because Jimin knew it was not true. He knew that none of the things Jungkook was saying was true. And yet, he could not say anything, because just judging from their current situation, he really looked like a money-greedy person.

He wanted to shout for Jungkook to take his words back, but along with his pride, and the lump in his throat, Jimin just chose to swallow his words.

“Mmm, here.” Jungkook said once he was finished, shoving the check towards the shorter. Jimin snatched the slip and quickly put it in his wallet before looking up again. “Condition three?”

“We can’t fall in love.” Jimin answered. “No matter how good our acting skills are, what is about to happen will be our secret, and it will never be true. Do you understand?”

Jungkook raised his brow at Jimin before he burst out laughing, confusing the older. After a few seconds, younger stood up straight again and looked at the other dead in the eyes. “I will never. I am straight, Park Jimin-ssi. I won’t fall for you, not even in your wildest dreams. If anything…” Jungkook trailed off, turning his back to Jimin and fixing himself a bit. “I should be the one saying that to you.”

“Good, then. At least we set things straight right from the start.” The shorter answered. “That will be all.”

“Okay then, I’m leaving.” Jungkook said, starting to walk to his car. “Come to my office tomorrow for briefing.” He said, before walking and leaving Jimin behind.

Jimin stayed rooted at the spot where Jungkook left him, waiting for the younger’s car to drive past him. When it did, he took out the check handed to him and sighed. The banks were already closed by that time, so he had to wait until the next day to send the money to his parents in the province.

On his way out of the building and into the streets, Jimin thought about his decision, and sighed. He knew it was wrong, but he could not just do nothing when his parents were struggling. They were all he really had.

And so Jimin did not cry. He really did not. He really, really wanted to, but he knew he did not deserve to. He was no victim to cry.

 

 

The next day, the moment Jimin entered his cubicle, the first thing that he heard was a chuckle from Mingyu.

“You look like .”

“I am .” Jimin replied plainly before throwing his bag on the floor and plopping his surprisingly-tired body on the chair. The noise that he made attracted the attention of his other officemate, whose head popped up from the top of the divider.

“Oh my god, Jiminie.” Taehyung commented, disappearing afterwards and going around the wall to go to Jimin’s cubicle. “Are you alright? You look like you did not sleep all night!”

“Yeah… exactly.” The shorter answered. “I couldn’t sleep because of…” He trailed off, not daring to continue what he was trying to say. He had an agreement with Jungkook. He could not tell a single soul about the plan.

“Because of what?” Taehyung asked, confused. Jimin only answered him with a tired smile and a shake of his head.

“Nothing, Tae. Nothing serious.”

Jimin was half expecting Taehyung to insist and try to know more about his situation, but he did not, and he was thankful. He did not really want to feel bad just because he could not tell his friend about his dilemma. Instead of asking more, Taehyung only gave Jimin a pat on his head before leaving.

Once the taller was gone, Jimin let out a sigh and opened his computer to check his e-mail for any assignment. To his surprise, there was not any. With his brows almost meeting halfway, Jimin reloaded the browser tab to double check, but even after two refreshes, the result was the same.

“Am I too early?” He mumbled to himself, letting out a yawn afterwards.

“Here.” He heard Taehyung say before a cup of coffee was put down on his table. “No assignment yet?”

“Yeah…”

“That’s good, maybe you can catch a few minutes of sleep.” The younger said. “Drink that coffee and immediately sleep before it kicks in. I will leave you to start with my day, because there are more assignments in my inbox than usual.”

Once Jimin heard Taehyung’s words, an idea on what was happening immediately popped in his head. He downed half of the coffee Taehyung delivered to him before Youngsun arrived to confirm his suspicions.

“Park Jimin-ssi.” She said, gaining the attention of other nearby people, including Taehyung, Mingyu and Wonwoo, all of them sliding backwards to look at Jimin. “The CEO wants you in his office.”

“Okay.” Jimin answered, standing to collect himself and finish the rest of the cup his friend made for him. He cast a look at the said male, who wore a worried look. Jimin knew Taehyung knew about his unfortunate first meeting with Jungkook, so maybe, the younger was worried for Jimin because of that.

To reassure his friend, Jimin gave him a smile and mouthed an “It’s fine” before leaving to go to Jungkook’s office.

He arrived to see Jungkook just typing away on his computer, wearing a serious look on his face. Jimin thought that he at that moment, if only he did not know Jungkook was a huge pain in the and had personality and ego issues, he could say that the younger looked like… a man.

But then again, the Jungkook he knew was spiteful.

Jimin quickly cleared his throat and said, “Good morning, sir.”

“Good morning.” Jungkook answered, his eyes not leaving the screen in front of him. “Get the envelope on my desk and read.”

“Okay.” Jimin nodded, and cautiously walked over the where the envelope was. He was expecting Jungkook to finally face him when he was already close enough, the younger did not.

“Written there is everything you need to know about this plan.” Jungkook said.

“Wait, wait, let me clarify this again.” Jimin butted in. “We will pretend to be a thing to fool Kim Seokjin?”

“Yes.” The younger nodded, still typing. “I thought we already made this clear last night.”

“Yeah, just checking.” Jimin answred. He then proceeded to reading the papers inside the envelope given to him.

 

Jungkook and Jimin first met in a café on a busy Friday afternoon two years ago, even before the former was famous in the corporate world. There were too many customers that time, and there was not any free table for the latecomer Jungkook to use. Jimin was seating alone at that time, and Jungkook, being the friendly person that he was, he asked Jimin if he could join him.

 

“Friendly my .” Jimin scoffed, looking incredulously at the younger afterwards. Seeing that the younger was not interested at looking at him any time soon, Jimin just continued reading.

 

They chatted over plates of cake and glasses of chocolate drink. Jungkook only found out later on that Jimin was an employee in the company, and things happened later on—things that made them closer.

 

“This is cliché as hell.” Jimin commented.

“Do you have any question?” Jungkook asked, to which Jimin answered with a shake of his head before remembering that Jungkook was not looking at him.

“None.”

“Then just shut up and keep reading.”

“Aish—” The older really wanted to berate Jungkook for his lack of respect, because while he might be the boss, Jimin was still older than him. But he decided against it in the end.

 

Their first date was in an amusement park, by the older’s wish. They stayed there the whole day, not even wanting to leave the place when it was about to close. Jungkook only managed to manhandle a whining Jimin out of the amusement park.

 

“What the hell is this?!” Jimin asked, raising his voice. “Why is it my choice to go the amusement park, and why did you ‘manhandle’ me out?!”

“Because it’s out of my character to go the amusement park, and it’s so me to drag you out of the place.” Jungkook answered, still focused on his work, but the older could see tell-tale signs of a smirk on the boss’s face.

Jimin raised his brow at the younger’s words. “How are you even sure that I like amusement parks?”

“Because you look like and act like a child.” Jungkook easily countered. He looked up to see the scandalized face Jimin was sporting.

“H-How dare you?!” Jimin asked. “It isn’t me who has teeth like those of bunnies’!”

“W-What?!” Jungkook asked, straightening his back on his seat and puffing his chest out—a habit he developed when he was trying to intimidate people. To Jimin, he only looked like a child trying to scare a cockroach. Or a bunny at the most.

“Y-You…” Jungkook stammered, trying to come up with a verbal comeback. “You midget!”

“Yah! I’m still older!”

“And I am still your boss!”

Jimin slightly backed off at that. He got too carried away with insulting the younger that he forgot just how insignificant he was to the company, compared to Jungkook. That with just a snap of the younger’s fingers, he could render Jimin jobless.

“O-Okay. I’m sorry.”

“Know you place, Park.” Jungkook coldly answered. “Keep reading and stop complaining.”

With that, Jimin removed his gaze on Jungkook and continued reading. The next part was about facts on Jungkook’s life. Along with those are details like his birthday and birthplace. He also got to read about the younger’s family—that he only has one brother, that his mother was dead, and that his father was already enjoying life, since he already took over the company.

Next up was his educational background. And even though he already expected how decorated Jungkook’s background was, he was still amazed by the number of achievements that the younger had.

It made Jimin feel worthless, compared to his about-to-be boyfriend.

But at the same time, he felt pity towards the younger. He just felt like Jungkook grew up too fast.

He spared the younger another glance to see his forehead scrunching in concentration, his teeth grazing on his lower lip. Despite Jungkook’s confidence, coldness and features, his eyes are still youthful.

Jungkook must have noticed the silence, so he spoke.

“Are you done reading?”

“Y-Yes, sir.” Jimin answered. The younger then looked up and put down the paper he was reviewing in favor of looking at Jimin straight in the eyes.

“Let me clarify this, Park.” Jungkook said, slightly scaring the mentioned male. “We’re only close when around Kim Seokjin, okay? In the office, I’m still your boss, and you’re still a newbie employee, got it?”

“Yes, sir.” Jimin nodded.

“Do you have any question?”

“Don’t you…” Jimin asked, looking up to properly phrase what he was about to say. “Like… need to know more about me, too?”

“Oh, yeah, about that.” Jungkook answered. “Your only assignment for today is your version of that document.” He said, pointing at the paper in the older’s hands. “Due two PM today. Got it?”

“Yes, sir.”

“And let me repeat this. I cannot emphasize this enough.” Jungkook continued. “No one—not your friends, not even your family—may know about this, okay?” The answer he received from Jimin was in the form of a nod. He then instructed him to leave the office and get started with his work.

When Jimin got back to his cubicle, someone else was seating on his chair, chatting rather animatedly with Taehyung.

“Oh, hyung?” Jimin asked, prompting the pale male to face him.

“Jimin, you’re here.” Yoongi said, smiling. “I stopped by to ask how you’re doing, but you weren’t here.”

“Oh, yeah.

“Where were from, anyway?”

“The CEO requested him a while ago.” Taehyung interrupted, answering the question that was for Jimin. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, Tae, I’m fine.” Jimin answered, smiling. He saw a while ago that Yoongi and Taehyung were having a good time chatting with each other, and he really did not want to interrupt the two. As far as Jimin knew, Yoongi did not find anyone else after the two of them broke up a long time ago, and he thought Yoongi deserved to be with someone.

“You guys look like you’re having a good time.” Jimin mused, making Taehyung nod like a child, and Yoongi blush a little bit. It was easy to see, since he was pale. If only Taehyung would look at him at that moment.

Chuckling a little bit, Jimin grabbed his bag containing his laptop and started to leave to do his work somewhere else. Yoongi noticed this.

“W-Where are you going?” Yoongi asked, still a bit affected by Jimin’s teasing.

“Yeah, where are you going?” Taehyung asked as well.

“It’s a secret.” Jimin winked at the two. “I’m doing some collab work, so I’m needed somewhere right now.”

“Oh… I see.” Yoongi nodded in understanding. “G-Good luck, then.”

“Yeah, yeah.” The younger answered, already starting to leave. “Good luck to you, too, hyung.”

And with that, Jimin left Yoongi a bit flustered. He internally berated himself for being too easy to embarrass when it came to things involving crushes.

“Oh, hyung,” Taehyung said, pulling Yoongi out of his internal conflict. “You’re red, are you alright?”

“Y-Yeah!” Yoongi stuttered out, feeling his cheeks with his arms. They were a bit warm.

“Ah… I thought Jiminie’s really going to die when the CEO called for him.” Taehyung said, pouting a bit. “After all, what happened between him and sir Jeon when they first met isn’t really easy to forget.”

“Yeah…”

“You know about it, too, right?” The taller asked, to which Yoongi nodded. “Ahhh… poor Jiminie. His luck must be very low.”

“I know.”

“Wait, wait. What happened?” A deep voice suddenly butted into the conversation, followed by the sound of rolling chairs.

“Yeah, yeah, what happened?” Mingyu asked, seconding Wonwoo’s question. “What’s up with CEO and Park?”

“Yah! Are you eavesdropping all this time?!” Taehyung asked, glaring at the two idiots. “That’s bad!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever…” Mingyu countered, scooting even closer to ask again. “So, what happened?”

“You really want to know?” Yoongi asked, finally turning on his seat to look at the two. He was wearing his typical bored expression. “Kim Mingyu-ssi, Jeon Wonwoo-ssi?”

“Oh… uhmm… hi.” Mingyu said, slowly backing away. He smiled awkwardly at the department head before sliding his chair back to his own cubicle and disappearing.

“Woah… what just happened?” Taehyung asked, surprised at how Yoongi managed to send the two away. “How did you do that, hyung?”

Hearing Taehyung talk, Yoongi turned again to face him, and smiled his gummy smile. “I don’t know. I was just asking.”

As an answer, Taehyung gave the older his own smile—the boxy one, unconsciously sending Yoongi’s heart to overdrive.

However, it was really what Taehyung said afterwards that made Yoongi flustered.

“Your smile is cute.”

“W-What? N-No, I’m not cute, I’m cool!”

“Nah, too cute!"

 

 

Jungkook just finished reviewing a proposal for a small project to be headed by the design department. He let out an exhausted sigh, and stretched his limbs. It was not even lunch time, and yet here he was, already tired. Realizing that he could use a short break, the young CEO opened his social media accounts, only to see a friend request from none other than Kim Seokjin himself.

Of course, he immediately accepted the request. Once he did, his doorbell sounded, indicating that someone was waiting right outside his door.

Perplexed, Jungkook turned the transmitter on and spoke. “Who is it?”

“Park Jimin, sir.”

Jungkook then opened the door. The instant the shorter male stepped inside the office, he headed straight to the couch and took out his things from the bag he was carrying.

The CEO only watched in confusion.

“I figured that we should spend some more time with each other, if we want to make this arrangement seem real.” Jimin said confidently as he proceeded to taking his laptop out and working. “I will do my assignment here.”

“And who are you to decide on such a thing?” Jungkook queried. “Listen here, Park. We aren’t even in good terms yet—”

“As if I like being around you.” Jimin butted in. “But both of us should know that I am right.”

“Whatever.” Jungkook gave up, not really in the mood to fight with Jimin. “Just… don’t disturb me or anything.”

“Not planning on doing so, sir.” Jimin said, continuing typing on his laptop. The younger silently cursed before closing his social media accounts and proceeding to reviewing another proposal.

The silence in the room was only interrupted two hours later by a hungry Jimin.

“Sir, aren’t you going to eat lunch?” Jimin asked, putting away his laptop and stretching. He was almost done with his assignment—he did not understand what was taking him so long to make it when really, there was not much to put.

“No.” Jungkook answered without looking at him. The older just raised a brow at him before sighing, and then looking for a telephone inside the office.

“I am ordering lunch for the two of us.” Jimin said, spotting the device and walking to it. “Skipping lunch isn’t healthy. And if we get sick, we would miss lots of work.”

It was ironic that Jimin was the one reminding Jungkook to eat when just recently, he was berated by his parents for the same thing.

And so Jimin dialed the number of a fast food chain. He quickly let the personnel know what he was getting before putting the phone away to ask Jungkook for his order.

“Whatever.” Was Jungkook’s only reply. Jimin only scoffed at him before ordering something that he thought the younger would like, judging from what he read about him a couple of hours ago.

After ordering, Jimin went back to working on his CV-esque document. Silence once again fell inside the room, and it continued for thirty minutes before it was interrupted by the arrival of the delivery man.

Jimin welcomed him inside and proceeded to assisting the man with taking the orders out and putting them on the coffee table in the middle of room. When everything was set, Jimin got ready to pay when he heard Jungkook’s voice.

“Yah, Park.” Jungkook called him, handing over a card. “Pay with this.”

“This one’s on me, sir.” Jimin smiled, before handing his bills to the delivery man and thanking him for the job well done. The outsider was not even out of the office when Jungkook spoke again.

“Did you ask for a salary raise just so you could treat people to lunch?” Jungkook questioned smugly. “If you already had enough money, why—”

“Do you hate me that much that you just can’t thank me for this?” Jimin countered, taking Jungkook off guard. “Just be decent for once and take it. This will the last time, I promise. And sir,” Jimin continued, turning his attention to the delivery man, who was just standing there awkwardly. “Sorry about that. Thank you again.”

“It’s no problem, sir.” He answered, bowing before hurriedly leaving the scene.

When the man was gone, Jimin took the younger’s lunch and put it on his office table before going back to his little spot on the couch and preparing to eat.

It took some time, but Jungkook eventually gave in to hunger and ate the food Jimin ordered for him. He proceeded to his usual eating habits, oblivious to Jimin watching him, observing him.

It was one of Jimin’s routines. Watching people. Observing humans. Whenever he observed people, Jimin felt like he was getting to know them.

He noted how Jungkook picked the carrots from the noodles that he was eating. He set them aside on top of the cover of the bowl whenever he saw pieces of the orange vegetable. Jimin internally laughed at how ironic it was that the younger did not like carrots when he was basically a human bunny. An evil one, at that.

Maybe evil bunnies do not like carrots.

“I can feel you staring, creep.” Jungkook suddenly said before stuffing his face with the now-devoid of carrots noodles. “I thought we made it clear that no one can fall for the other.”

“In your dreams, brat.” Jimin sassed back. “I was just watching how funny you look when eating.”

Jungkook began protesting around a bunch of noodles, muttering insults at the elder who only smiled at the incomprehensible sounds the younger was making.

Jungkook eventually ate the carrots he set aside. Jimin figured that the younger did not despise carrots—in fact, he loved them so much he wanted to eat them on their own. That was why he was setting them aside.

Maybe evil bunnies are just like other bunnies, after all.

After eating lunch, Jimin proceeded to finishing his assignment. He finished not even half an hour later—he then handed the printed document to his boss, who only let him put it on top of his desk. Right when Jimin let go of the paper, Jungkook’s phone rang.

Both Jungkook and Jimin could see who was calling, since the phone was sitting on the desk.

It was Kim Seokjin.

Quickly, Jungkook picked the phone and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Jungkook!” Seokjin said, causing Jungkook to smile a bit at the friendly tone. “How are you?”

“I’m fine, hyung.” Jungkook answered. “Why’d you call?”

“I was just wondering if we could have lunch together.” The older answered. “I’m around the area of your building, and am about to have lunch.”

“Oh, of course, hyung.” Jungkook immediately agreed, after gauging how much food he actually ate. He would not mind eating more.

“That’s great!” Seokjin said. “Let’s meet in the Italian café two blocks from your building. Do you know that place?”

“Yes, yes, I know it.” The younger CEO answered. “I’ll go there at once. I’m a bit hungry anyway.”

Jimin raised his brow at the younger’s words. Just a while ago, Jungkook did not want to eat. And then he ate the take out Jimin bought for him. And now, he was about to leave to eat lunch, saying that he was a bit hungry?

He did not dare question the younger, though. He knew Jungkook would not talk properly to him. That thought scared Jimin a bit, because with their current “closeness”, it would be very hard to pretend to be the younger’s boyfriend.

“I will meet Kim Seokjin.” Jungkook said to Jimin. “I won’t introduce you to him just yet, since I don’t think you’re ready for this yet. Keep reading the documents I gave you, and study them well, okay? Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any question. Leave now and go home, I’m closing this office.”

“O-Okay.” Jimin said, nodding before going to grab his stuff. The last thing he saw before leaving the place was Jungkook going to the comfort room in his office.

Having nothing else to do for the day, Jimin decided to go back to his cubicle just to check if Yoongi was still there. He was not, though, and Taehyung was completely immersed in his work that he did not even notice Jimin’s arrival.

Remembering that his friend told him that he received more assignment than usual, Jimin opted not to disturb Taehyung with his work. He silently entered his cubicle and turned the computer off before leaving.

Once he was outside, his phone started blaring in his pocket, indicating that someone was calling him. He calmly reached for the device and answered the phone before putting it next to his ear and walking back to his place.

“Hello?”

“Oh, hi, Jimin!” The woman on the other end happily said. “How are you?”

“I’m fine, mom, don’t worry.” He answered, smiling softly at the mood of his mother. “How are you guys?”

“I’m fine, and your father’s recovering, thanks to you.” She replied. “I won’t ask how you got that much money because I trust you, so I will just thank you.”

“It was nothing, mom, of course I will do that.” Jimin answered. His conscience slightly protested, because he knew that if his parents only knew what he did to obtain that much money in one night, they surely would not approve of it.

“So, anyway, the doctor said that we only need to buy maintenance medicine for your father, so we could prevent this from happening again.” His mom talked through the phone again. “There’s still some money left from what you sent, so don’t worry too much.”

“Okay, mom.” Jimin answered. “Our pay’s about to be released anyway, so I would be able to send some money home in a few days.”

“Thank you, Jiminie. Remember to treat yourself every now and then, okay? You deserve it.”

After that, Jimin bid his mother good bye and ended the call. He let out a burdened sigh, the weight of his decision still haunting him. But then again, he brought it upon himself.

Remembering his mother’s words, Jimin decided to treat himself a bit, and stopped in a café he passed along his way home to buy cold coffee with whipped cream.

There was a lot of people in the café when he entered it. Wondering why, Jimin took out his phone again to check the time.

12:56 PM.

It was a weird time for a café to have this much costumers, Jimin thought. Immersed in his thoughts, Jimin did not notice the person in front of him and bumped into a sturdy back.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” Jimin apologized, ashamed of how careless he could be. It was noon time—no one should be as absentminded as him during such time.

“It’s okay! It’s okay, you’re fine!” A high-pitched voice answered him, even trying to stop him from bowing again to apologize. “Nothing bad happened, just be careful next time, okay?”

“Yes, yes, I’m so sorry.” Jimin apologized again, bowing one more time before looking up. He was a bit taken aback by the wide shoulders contrasting with the pretty face sitting on top of them.

“It’s fine, don’t worry.” The tall man smiled, a smile Jimin could only describe as motherly. The said man then excused himself to the comfort room, leaving Jimin to his own thoughts again.

Jimin vowed that he was really running out of luck the past few weeks. To comfort himself, he just ordered a sweet chocolate drink instead of the bitter sweet coffee he was planning on buying. The order did not take that long, and once it was done, the man stalked out of the place.

On his way out, though, he saw Jungkook seating on one of the seats at the far corner of the café.

“I thought he was meeting with Kim Seokjin?” Jimin wondered. “Maybe Mr. Kim is late?”

Shaking the thought aside, Jimin continued on his way back to his place. By the time he reached it, the chocolate drink was already gone. As was his energy. His sleeplessness the night before started taking effect again, and this time, Jimin welcomed slumber.

He was woken up hours later by the ringing of his phone. Still sleepy and tired, Jimin looked out the window to see that the sun was already about to set before answering the phone.

“Hello?”

“Park Jimin.” The familiar voice said through the phone. “Start preparing yourself. We will meet Kim Seokjin tomorrow. And this time, as a couple.”