Childhood friend?

My symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I glanced at my phone, which said 10.45 a.m. Getting out of bed, my feet touched the cold, hard ground. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I went to the door. My cheeks were still stinging from the slap.

 

“Good morning aunt.” I greeted her despite the glare she gave me.

 

“Guess who finally learnt her manners?” She blurted. Frightened from the slaps she gave me yesterday, I didn’t dare to glare at her again. Instead,I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom to wash up.

 

I looked in the mirror, and saw a cut just under my eye with big red prints on my cheeks.

 

OUCH! The cut stung me immediately the moment the water was in contact with my face. I quickly brushed my teeth and went back to my room.

 

I took out a packet of biscuits and a bottle of mineral water from the plastic bag and started my 'feast'

 

My phone lit.

 

Unknown: Hi.

EB: Yes? You are?

Unknown: Sojung.

EB: Oh. I’m sorry.

Unknown: Ouch. BTW don’t forget our date later ;)

EB: Okay see you later.

I added her number and changed her name to Sojung.

I gobbled down my food and went to the bathroom for a shower. I was rinsing the shampoo off my hair when I heard a loud bang on the door.

“GOOD-FOR-NOTHING! HURRY YOUR UP! I NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM!” Yoongi shouted from outside.

Tsk. I wanted to take my time, but thinking of sojung makes me excited. And thinking about meeting her later makes me more excited. So I put down the idea of getting revenge and showered quickly.

 

The moment I opened the door, Yoongi was standing there.

 

“WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?” His hand cracks across my face, snapping it back with the force of his blow and causing my head to reel sickeningly as it slams into the wall behind me. He pushed me out of the bathroom, slamming the door.

 

My eyes turned watery. I went back to my room, with my hand still on my cheek.

 

11.20. I glanced at my phone. What should I wear? I couldn't decide and finally changed into something casual after minutes of dilemma between a crop top or a blouse..

 

OH MY FACE! The red prints on my face got worst and my eyes were swollen. Facepalm! I was panicking as I looked into the mirror in my phone. I didn't want to go out with a face like this, and I didn't want to let Sojung see my face in this state. But I don't have makeup. UGHH. Wait, I have my mother's sunglasses. I took them out. But wait, a pair of sunglasses can't cover the prints on my face. 


Then, I saw a box of face mask at the corner of the room but It's not mine. Whatever. I took one from the box, I didn't care if it was theirs as I JUST CAN'T LET SOJUNG SEE MY FACE IN THIS STATE! 

 

11.47. OH I'M LATE. 

 

I rushed to the park, to the bench we met yesterday.

 

A skinny figure was sitting there, reading a book with earpiece on. It was Sojung.

 

“Hey” I stood in front of her like how she did yesterday.

 

“Hey” She looked up. Her smile can kill someone.

 

“What’s with the sunglasses and mask?” She asked.

 

OH “ The sun’s… too bright… and I’m sick. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to get virus from me right?” I faked a cough

 

“But we’re under the shade and I don’t mind getting virus from you, since I’m already sick. HOLY .

 

“BU-”

 

“I just want to see your face. Please?” She pouted.

 

“I… “ I took off my sunglasses and my mask. Her face changed.

 

“What happened to your face?” She touched my face slightly and I winced.

 

“WHO THE GAVE THIS TO YOU?” I see her eyes glowing with fury.

 

“Well, I got slapped by my aunt yesterday because I glared at her and I got slapped another time by my cousin today for nothing.”

 

“FOR NOTHING?” She was seething in anger.

 

“I was showering and he slapped me for being slow.”

 

“WHAT?” She clenched her fist.

 

“I THOUGHT I GAVE YOU MY NUM-”

 

“I was the one who gave you my number.” I mumbled.

 

“REALLY? I’m sorry. Where do you live?.

 

“Huh? I uh…” I was afraid that she’ll find aunt Marge and Yoongi to return a slap.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll not do anything to them. I’m just curious.” I was relieved to hear that.

 

"The cupboard under the stairs. 4. Privet drive." I joked

 

“Pri Wha?”

 

“I’m joking.” I chuckled as I gave her my real address.

 

“You can still joke at this point of time?”

 

“Well, I have to get use to this”

 

“Does it hurt?” She touched my face slightly.

 

“OUCH!” I winced

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Let’s go!”

 

“Where are we going?” I asked

 

“Just follow me” That’s the only thing she said, before grabbing my hand and taking me god knows where.

 

We passed by streets, shops and we finally reached an apartment.

 

“woah… Its huge and pretty.” I blurted as she opened the door of the apartment, exposing the interior of the apartment.

 

“Make yourself at home.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter