Chicken burgers

My symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Fine..."Sojung groaned

 

"Yay. Let's go."

 

Yerin got between me and Sojung. It was awkward. Really awkward.

 

I could see how annoyed Sojung was, by the way she rolled her eyes and the way she furrowed her brows.

 

I didn't know how Sojung was walking beside me suddenly.

 

"Eunbi, so how do you find your first day?"

 

"Well, it wasn't that bad to be honest, but I didn't thought it'll be so strict."

 

"You must get use to the rules and way things work there"

 

"Who's that guy who shouts and orders the band around earlier?"

 

"He's the band major. The leader. When he says band attention, no one is allowed to move until he finishes his instructions."

 

"There is several roles in the band. There is a librarian, who photocopies scores for the band. There is a quarter master, QM for short. QMs are in charge of the band's uniforms and equipment or any instruments under the band. They are also in charge of our reeds, greases and things like that."

 

"Oh."

 

"We have a student conductor, who helps to conduct the band when the conductor's absent. And it is none other than the ginseng beside you. Not to forget we still have a section leader in every section. And I'm the section leader for our section."

 

"By the way, Sojung ah."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I'll return you the money when I receive my salary."

 

"It's okay. You don't have to return me. Just focus on your studies and follow your dreams. That'll be my reward."

 

"Thank you. Honestly I don't know what I've done to deserve a friend like you..."

 

"Guys...I'm still here."

 

"Oh I'm sorry.“ I turned to Yerin.

 

"I thought you said you'll not interrupt us?”

 

"But-"  Sojung widen her eyes

 

"Ughhh fine." They look like the typical type of couples bickering non stop. How cute.

 

Since Yerin couldn't 'interrupt', She sneaked her hands up and linked it with me.

 

I was surprised by her sudden move, so I turn my head to her with a discombobulated look on my face.

 

"It's just a habit of mine. By the way, Eunbi yah your hands are so smooth. What hand cream do you use?"

 

"I uh I don't use hand cream." Soft? Why do I feel like her hands are way smoother than mine and yet she felt that mine was smooth?

 

"Hey, where are you two going? We've reached you idiots." Sojung opened the café door.

 

"SINB!" Eunha gave me a hug.

 

"Aww Eunhaa." I hugged her back

 

"I'll be sitting there with Yerin." Sojung pointed to an empty seat.

 

"Okay."

 

"Ready for work?"

 

"Ever ready."

 

"Great. Let's start."

 

"Wear this." She passed me an apron.

 

"So you'll be starting off as a counter crew."

 

"So... Do you know how to use this?" She pointed to the cash register.

 

I shook my head.

 

"I'll demonstrate how to take someone's order and use the cash register. Okay?"

 

"Hi, can I take your order?" She smiled brightly at the customer.

 

"Hi, can I have hot chocolate?"

 

"Medium or large?"

 

"Medium."

 

"Right. That'll be 3 bucks. Thank you." She keyed some numbers onto he key register and the drawer sprung out.

 

"So you get the process?"

 

"I'll try to remember the process."

 

"Don't worry. Take your time."

 

Sojung and Yerin made their way to the counter.

 

"Hi, can I take your order?"

 

“Let me your first customer. Can I have a cappuccino?”

 

“Medium or large?”

 

“Medium please.”

 

“Okay. It’ll be five bucks. Thank you! Here’s the receipt.” She walked back to her seat as I passed her the receipt.

 

“Hi, can I have your order?”

 

“Can I have a Eunbi?” Yerin joked.

 

“It’ll be ten bucks” I played along.

 

“Jokes. I’ll like a cup of mocha.”

 

“Medium or large?”

 

“Medium please.”

 

“Sure. It’ll be three bucks. Thank you.”

 

“A medium mocha and a large cappuccino.” I turned to Eunha.

 

Eunha started preparing the drinks.

 

“How long is the working hours?”

 

“It depends actually. Sometimes it closes early, sometimes it closes quite late.”

 

“Large cappuccino and medium mocha ready.”

 

“Just ring the bell and shout out the orders.”

 

I rang the bell “Large cappuccino and medium mocha!”

 

“I’ll wait for you until you’re done” Sojung winked.

 

“I…I…” .

 

“Hahaha the way you stutter. I’ll be at the seat.”

 

“Good luck Eunbi yah.” Yerin showed her eye smile which can blind people.

 

“Thanks!”

 

Sojung started taking out her notes, textbook and started revising with Yerin. She turned around every five to ten minutes, checking if I was doing okay.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

7:56 pm:

 

“Eunbi, it’s getting late. I should go soon. Don’t forget to eat dinner and have ample rest. See you tomorrow! Bye!”

 

“I will, thanks for the reminder. See you tomorrow!” I smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter