Impulsion

My symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“JUNG YERIN!” The poor ginseng’s getting smacked in the by Sojung.

 

“Hey giraffe, that ginseng’s poor is going to turn red soon.” I joined in.

 

“Giraffe? Do you wanna get smack too?”

 

“Hey don’t bully my Eunbi, you-”

 

“Don’t you dare finish your sentence, Jung Yerin.”

 

“You…” Sojung widens her eyes

 

“Ostrich.” Yerin finished her sentence and started sprinting for her life.”

 

“JUNG YERIN!”

 

“CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.” Yerin shouted, still sprinting.

 

“WAIT UP!” I shouted, trying to catch up.

 

We ran to the classroom and got seated.

 

“Hey, couple.”

 

“Couple? What couple?” They turned to me.

 

“You and Yerin. You two look like a couple.” I laughed and Sojung rolls her eyes.

 

“Sorin? Yejung?” That was the only names I could only think of.

 

“Eww no.”

 

“But you two look so cute. Bickering, chasing each other around, smacking each other’s asses.” I teased.

 

“But I didn’t smack her, she was the one who smacked me.” Yerin looked at me innocently.

 

“But still, okay nevermind couple.”

 

“Well, but I already have a…a crush.”

 

“Oh really? Who?”Sojung smirked and Yerin turns red.

 

“It’s a secret. And you smacked me earlier, so I’m not telling you.”

 

“Tsk whatever…”

 

“I’m innocent. Can I know? Please?”

 

“Okay, come closer.” I went closer to Yerin.

 

“It’s a secret.” She whispered.

 

“Tsk. What the heck?”

 

Mr Kim walked into the class.

 

“He’s taking us for this lesson too?”

 

“He’s taking us for a few subjects.” …

 

“Good morning class.”

 

“Good morning Mr Kim”

 

“Please take a seat.”

 

 As time dragged on, it was obvious that the students where bored to tears. Some of them appeared sedated, slouching in their chairs; others had their head down. One student on the front row entertained himself by constantly biting his fingernails.

 

Nobody could sit still in their chair. There would always be a constant shuffling of movement as the victims of Mr Kim searched for a comfortable seating position. Not a single pair of eyes would be focused on the him.

 

 A few students would be busy working on their doodling or passing notes to one another. I was a part of the drawing group at first, until I ran out of things to draw because of the lack of objects residing within the classroom worth drawing.

 

 The only excitement one could possibly experience during the nightmarish hour and thirty minutes of Mr Kim’s lesson, was the beautiful resonance of the final words "class dismissed". The English language does not contain adequate words capable of describing how boring this class was.

 

“Class dismissed.” FINALLY.

 

“Finally, I’ve been waiting for his ‘class dismissed’ since the past an hour and a half.” Yerin yawned.

 

‘I agree. It’s boring.” I stretched my arms.

 

“Let’s go for break. I’m starving.” Sojung whined.

 

“Okay okay.” We just had pancakes in the morning and she’s hungry already?

 

“What do you want to eat?”

 

“Well, I’m not hungry, I’ve eaten my breakfast.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yea. I’ll just sit there and wait for you” I pointed to an empty table.

 

“Okay then.”

 

I went to the table as usual, waiting for them to buy their food.

 

“Hi Eunbi!” It was Yuju.

 

“Hey Yuju.”

 

“Where’s the both of them?”

 

“They’re buying food.”

 

“Oh. Why are you not buying with them? The food in our school is the best.”

 

“Nah, I had my breakfast earlier.”

 

“Okay then, I’ll go buy food too, before the queue gets longer.”

 

“See you later.”

 

Sojung and Yerin came back with a plate of food each.

 

“Eunbi, you want some?” Yerin offered.

 

“Nah it’s okay, thank you.”

 

“It won’t work if you do this.” Before I could even process her words, she opened my mouth and  stuffed a spoonful of Pasta in my mouth.

 

“That’s how you do it. Watch and learn.”

 

“I got it.” Yerin opened my mouth and stuffed a spoonful of rice in my mouth too.

 

“Seriously Sojung?” I managed to say, with my mouth stuffed with food.

 

“Well, it seems like that’s the only way to make you eat.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

“Guys, what are you talking about?”

 

“We’re just stuffing food into Eunbi’s mouth to make her eat.”

 

“Oh. Well, you can try this  trick too.”

 

“Airplane phewww… Open your mouth.” I opened my mouth and the ‘airplane’ flew into my mouth.

 

“Why didn’t I though of this?” Yerin looked at Yuju in utter amazement

 

“Guys, stop talking and hurry up. We need to go.”

 

“Fine.” Yerin groaned.

 

“Usual  game. Rock paper scissors. Loser returns the plate.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Wait what?”

 

“Oh, it’s a game we play every break time. After meals, we’ll play rock paper scissors and  the loser would have to return all our plates.” Yerin explained.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Rock paper scissors.” two papers and a rock

 

“Yes! Hahaha good luck guys.” Yerin smirked.

 

“Rock paper scissors.”

 

“Tsk that’s the second time I’ve lost.” Sojung complained.

 

“I’m done. I’ll go up to the class to take my instrument first.” Yerin stood up.

 

“I’ll follow you.” I followed Yerin.

 

“Eunbi.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“How do you find  Sojung?” It was Sojung in the morning and now it was Yerin’s turn.

 

“Well, she’s kind, caring and she’s pretty. And you know what’s the best part about her?”

 

“What?”

 

“She’s smart. You know she could be Hermione’s twin at this rate.”

 

“I’ll be Ron and You’ll be Harry.”

 

“The boy girl living in the cupboard under the stairs.” I laughed.

 

We took our instruments and went to our section room.

 

“So, Eunbi, have you gone through the scores?”

 

“No, I didn’t have the time to. I don’t even know what songs we’re playing.”

 

“Okay, so we’ll be playing seven songs in total. Summon the heroes by John Williams, voyage to the end of the earth by Benjamin Yeo, Highlights from Harry Potter, pirates of the caribbean medley, fireworks by Katy Pe-”

 

“Wait, wait we’ll be playing those songs?”

 

“Yea together with my heart will go on by Celine Dion and Cups by Anna Kendrick.”

 

“What the? The order of the songs are so weird. “

 

“I mean, who arranges pieces like that? First you play fanfares and soundtracks from movies, then you play a pop song, followed by a sad song and then it gets worst. Cups by Anna Kendrick? What?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter