New Home

My symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HURRY UP! GOOD-FOR-NOTHING!” Aunt Marge  glared at me while walking to the carpark after i got discharged.

I returned a glared but only to earn myself a slap in the face. SLAP

Tears were threatening roll down.

“DON’T YOU DARE GLARE AT ME! DIDN’T YOUR MOTHER TEACH YOU MANNERS? I BET SHE DIDN’T” she scoffed.

“DON’T YOU EVER DARE INSULT MY MOTHER! SHE’S THE KINDEST SOUL, THE NICEST BEING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE NICEST MOTHER IN  THE WHOLE WORLD. WHY? JUST WHY? WHY IS IT  THAT BAD THINGS  ALWAYS HAPPEN TO HER?MY DAD LEFT HER… AND NOW SHE LEFT ME AND CHARLIE… WHY CAN’T IT BE YOU? HUH? I DON’T UNDERSTAND. YOU DESERVE TO BE DEAD., NOT HER. IN MY HEART, YOU’LL NOT ONLY BE THE WORST AUNT IN THE WORLD, BUT ALSO THE WORST BEING IN THE UNIVERSE!”

 

But of course, I could  only  scream it in my mind as I didn’t want to earn another slap from her.

 

Uncle Pete drove me back home for me to collect my stuff . I stared blankly outside the window trying my best to ignore aunt Marge’s endless critisism about how useless I am and how a creep my mother was... 

 

I unlocked the door, only to an empty apartment. I went up my room and packed my things. Tears rolled down uncontrollably . I took all her albums  of photos, musical  scores, and books  that belonged to my mother and  I placed it  in my bag . Her trophies, certificates, won from competitions…I  couldn’t help but stare at the certificates with words like

 

certificate of achievement. 

JESSICA JUNG

In recognition of outstanding performance of  the symphony competition 2011

 

That was my first time seeing my mother perform in the crowd. Memories of that particular moment were flowing through my mind like movie scenes...

 

And of course, the voice I was dreading to hear, rung.

 

“GOOD-FOR-NOTHING! STOP TAKING YOUR OWN SWEET TIME AND HURRY THE UP! YOU’RE JUST A WASTE OF TIME!”

 

I briskly  stuffed everything inside my bag and  went down  to the living room. Of course  I didn’t forget the most important thing. To my mother and to me. Charlie. My mother’s baby (aside from me). I carried the small case with Charlie inside and went out of the apartment, locking the door. The moment I turned around, aunt Marge was glaring at me. Again. and Uncle Pete impatiently tapping his watch while waiting for me. 

I reluctantly got into his car and closed the car door, with force. 

" ARE YOU GONNA PAY FOR THE DOORS IF IT COME OFF? AISH YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING FREAK JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER!"

I got enough of her calling me good-for-nothing, so i put on my earpiece and played a song

 

Who will understand how I feel

No one would ever understand the pain of losing loved one. Especially the one you loved with your life, the one you cherished. The one dearest and closest to you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter