Fate or coincidence?

My symphony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry. We need full time workers. Fifteen dollars fifty cents, please.”

“I see, thank you.” I passed her the money and took the bag of chips and biscuits.

I dragged my feet out of the convenient shop. It was the fourth time I got rejected. I just got by the convenient store to buy some food at the same time look for a job.

I decided to go to the park nearby, to clear my thoughts. The park was nothing like those of the smaller towns. Theirs were miniature formal gardens for the elderly that had retired there for the quiet life. They had benches, ornamental trees, flowers year round and water fountains in clear lakes that were stocked with Koi carp. I sat on a bench under the shade, enjoying the nature.

“Hi.” I looked up, and saw a tall slim figure standing in front of me with a bright smile.

“Yes?” I asked.

“May I sit here?” She asked, still smiling brightly.

“What if I say no, you can’t?” . That sounded rude.

“Okay then, sorry to bother you.” She was about to walk away but I was quick enough to stop her.

“I’m joking. Sit here.” I chuckled and made space for her to sit.

“Kim sojung..” She stretched out her arms for her handshake.

“Hwang Eunbi.” I shook her hand.

“So… looking for a job?” HOLY how did she know? Is she a fortune teller? Or is she a stalker?

“How did you-“ my words got cut off

“I saw you in the convenient store earlier and heard your conversation with the cashier. So I decided to follow you.”

“Oh. WAIT WHA-“

“I have an available job in hand, plus I just wanted to be your friend, so I followed you.” She explained.

“Oh.” You’re overacting Hwang Eunbi. I mentally facepalmed myself.

“What school are you studying in?” I asked. She looked at me.

“Source school of music.”

“HOLY SHI- I mean uh…”

“Huh?”

“Well, I’m from Jeonju and I’m new here. I’m transferring to source school of music.”

“REALLY?” Now she was the one who can’t seem to calm down.

“Daddy or mummy’s business brought you here?”

“Nah, neither.” She looked at me with a confused face.

“My dad left me with another woman when I’m four. My mother was a musician. A very good one. And I want to be a musician, like her.”

“But…She passed away recently due to cancer.”  I was just one step  further to moving on, and accepting the fact.

“My aunt and uncle took me in.”

“They should be really good to you th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter