Chapter 7 - Irene's POV

The star in the dark night

I fell asleep after crying for a while. The next day, I went to college as usual, it feels lazy, really, want to stay in the room, and cry until my tears run out. But, I have a meeting with members of the council today, I had to come to college though with puffy eyes.
Because of my busyness, I can not meet either Kevin or my friends. They text me and I have not had time to reply.
Some days I avoid meeting Kevin. At Sunday night, Kevin called me, after a couple of times, I picked up the phone. I tried to sound commonly "honey, you finally picked up your phone, I missed you" I swallowed hard, and closed my eyes, trying to control myself not to anger "I'm sorry, busy lately". God, I'd love to be in front of Kevin and punch him "I understand, but remember to take care of your health and eat enough, I do not want you to get sick" Kevin continued. I sigh "Yeah, I'm fine. Where are you? "I asked. "I'm going to play basketball in the Arena, waiting for some of my friends to come" a little suspicious, I just told her to play with care not to get hurt, "good night, honey" Kevin hung up.

I looked at the phonebook and searched for Edward, Kevin's basketball buddy, Jane's boyfriend. I call him "Hi Edward, sorry to bother you, what is Jane with you?" Edward seems to be talking to someone "well, you want to talk to her?" Seems Jane with Edward "Irene? Why not call my phone? "Jane asked, maybe strange for her, instead of calling her, I called Edward "I just want to make sure, what Edward is with Kevin or with you "Jane seems to ask something to Edward "Edward says Kevin goes to the club together some friends" I wish Jane told me that Kevin was playing basketball instead of going to the club. I even hung up and called Aubrey "accompany me to the club" Aubrey who just picked up the phone confused "you to the club? Joking right? " I can not wait to explain "be ready, I pick you up". I took up my jacket and my car keys, picked up Aubrey.

"Hi" Aubrey got in my car and kissed my cheek "where club did you meet Kevin last time?" I asked hurriedly "Chowvel club" I searched on the GPS and the engine. A little tight I drive my car, Aubrey looks restless next to me "ughm..Irene, maybe he's not there" I glance at her "he's there".

I arrived at the club, looking full because it was hard to find a place to park. I entered the club, the sound of music thumping. I do not like going to clubs, I used to go to a club, just to be curious. My eyes are looking here "Aubrey, help me to look it up" Aubrey nodded weakly. The club is crowded, I feel like I'm out to breathe oxygen. Aubrey came up to me, and dragged me toward the bar, "Kevin was there" I saw some people there, Kevin was wearing a gray jacket and a black Tshirt, next to him a red-haired girl, leaning against Kevin's chest holding a glass.
My blood boils, I wait a while there, and I see the girl whisper to Kevin, then they kiss. As this is Kevin's behavior when he is not with me, I do not know how many times or how long he betrayed me. Aubrey looks restless "come with me Aubrey" I hold Aubrey's hand, I'm afraid not strong enough to walk. I ventured, the closer I got to vomiting. I call him calmly "Kevin, you're here" Kevin turned towards me, looked very surprised, he stood up and almost spilled the contents of his glass "IIIreeenee, why are you here?" He asked haltingly. I shook my head, glimpsed the red-haired girl. "Aubrey, take me away" Aubrey put her arm around my shoulders, Kevin pulls my hand and reflexes me flicking it "honey, listen to me" Aubrey looks really annoyed, he pushes Kevin away from me "Kevin enough, !" Aubrey slaps Kevin, and takes me away . She asked for my car keys and let me sit in the passenger seat while she drove. I hold my tears but can not, I hope this is just a dream. I wept and Aubrey my thighs. I heard her sob.

Aubrey took me to her house, we went in her room, and she hugged me. I did not have the energy to do anything, she changed my clothes with her pajamas. I like a baby who can only surrender. Aubrey turned off the lights, kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly.

After breakfast with Aubrey, actually just drink orange juice. I said goodbye and went home to my house. Many times my phone is vibrating, I know it must be Kevin. I went back to my room, staring blankly as if I did not believe what was happening. I have to talk to Kevin and end it all. I text him, to meet me at the cafe. I was getting ready to leave, I reached the cafe, still sitting in the car, calming myself. Talking with Kevin inside the cafe does not seem the right thing. I got out of the car walking toward the alley, behind the cafe. I text Kevin and tell him, I'm waiting in that place. I waited for him anxiously, moments later Kevin appeared. His face looked pale. He approached me. I stepped back a few steps to the wall. "Irene, she is nobody" He said when she saw me. "I want us to break up" I say quickly, sick of hearing all the reasons. We argued, he grabbed my wrist, at that time the back door of the cafe opened and I saw Rain. It all happened so fast, that I remember, I just needed a hitch, and I hugged Rain, I needed her and I cried again.