Chapter 5

The star in the dark night

Done already meeting tonight, I sighed a long .. so tired today, the cafe crowded because of peak season and Irene made my heart feel burdened. All afternoon, I thought about it, how was it after the incident, is she okay? Hopefully her friends can accompany her, comfort her and make her laugh. And that guy, urrrggghhhh .. if I meet him again, want to broke his nose, gave him a punch on his face it felt a little heal.

I walked home with my two friends "eating ramen, how?" Asked one of my friends, we were starving because we had to meet for an hour after the cafe closed. My friend and I nodded in agreement. Besides, I can get the day off in the morning, so I can wake up, or even sleep all day.


"Rain!" Someone called me from behind, I knew the voice, Irene's voice, or I was hallucinating from exhaustion.
One of my friends nudged me "the girl called you" I looked at my friend pointing fingers, and it was indeed Irene.
She ran up to me, I'm still a little giddy, why Irene is here tonight. I told my friend to walk first "hi" I said nodded head "why are you here" still curious to know.
"I wait for you, for looooong time" what's wrong with my hearing, waiting for me but for what awaits me.
"Rain, hello" Irene waved her hand in front of my face.
"Achh..yeah..but what are you waiting for me?"
Irene just smiled "just want to say thank you for today".
This girl really makes me feel awkward "You've said thank you a dozen times, why not go home and rest" I replied.
"I was in class, after meeting my friends, I thought, I want to meet you, sorry to bother you"
heiizzz ... bother? Never, and my heart rattled "definitely not" I waved my hand.
Irene smiled again, for God's sake, her face is very beautiful, God's perfect creation "may I take you home?" She asked.
And I quickly nodded my head, did not want to lose jakpot, oh I forgot, I promise to eat ramen with my two friends.
"Just a minute, I need to call my friend" Irene nodded her head while throwing a smile, I could have a heart attack if like this continue.
"Hei..el .. sorry, i'm not joining you guys,I have important business" my friend there said okay and i hang up my phone.
"I'm sorry to wait a long time" I say to Irene, "Cmon" Irene holding my hand and pulling her to follow her.
My cheeks feel very hot, and I swear..people will think that I must be drunk because I was sure my cheeks were blushing.
Did Irene hear my heartbeat? the voice like a drum was hit hard.
We walked toward Irene's car parked "go inside" she said after opening her key alarm.
I sit next to her and tense up "Okay, show me which direction your house is" Irene started the car, and the low-volume radio. I dared to glance at her. Irene looks serious while driving. I pointed the way, and came in front of my house alley. "Cars do not come in, so stop here, I'll walk" I said.
Irene stops her car and turns off the engine "is it a long walk?"
I opened the seatbelt "no, just a few yards from here, thanks for dropping me off"
I got ready to get down and her hand stopped me "can I know your phone number?"
I blush, God is this Christmas night? Irene asked for my phone number.
I nodded and dialed my phone number on her cell phone, she kept it "can I call you?"
I quickly nodded "whenever"
I opened the car door, and out, Irene opened her car window "till meeting tomorrow" I nodded and waved.
Got it, tomorrow? gosshhhhh..my offdayyyy.
Irene's car has left me. I smile like crazy. An incredible day.