Chapter 4

The star in the dark night

Exactly one year I worked in this cafe, and I got a promotion to be a cashier, my job became lighter, even though I helped to serve guests when the cafe was full.

And even today the cafe is full. I work in front of the cashier while serving guests occasionally. Almost four o'clock, and the cafe became more quietly, I went to the bathroom, and asked the other staff to stay in front of the cashier for a while. Seeing the garbage looks already piled up, I also took the initiative to throw it behind the cafe, a garbage dump.

I opened the back door, and when I was about to throw out the garbage, I saw two people arguing, seeming to be lovers, after all it was not my business to interfere. Until I heard the girl's voice scream a little in pain, and I seemed familiar with her voice. I stopped in front of the door, my hand still holding the door handle, between willing to open it or keep quiet. I turned towards them, the man was holding her wrist, and for God's sake .. she's Irene, that girl is Irene, what should I do.
Irene cries and asks her boyfriend to let go of his hand "trust me, Irene. That girl is nobody, Do not believe what your friends are saying" Irene's boyfriend snapped a little while still clutching Irene's hand. "You do not need to explain anything, I see it myself" Irene's voice stifled and stretched her hand "go away .. leave me" Irene slightly push that guy, but he did not budge. I do not know, suddenly my feet stepped toward them, saw Irene crying, made me very angry "sorry, you can not be noisy here" they looked at me, and the eyes .. eyes of Irene teary. I can not hold myself, I hold Irene boyfriend's wrist "This lady wants you to go, release her hand" I pressed his wrist tightly and rolled my eyes.

The back door of the cafe opened, one of the men's staff came out and he saw us, he immediately approached us "Rain, what's up?" I just still holding strong his wrist. "Hey ... you better get out of here, or I beat you up," my friend told the guy, looking at the unfavorable situation, the guy let go of Irene and waved his hand that I held, and he left. A little relieved, I asked my friend to go back to the cafe while I was standing in front of Irene. "Are you okay?" I asked to her, Irene nodding as she her wrist. I watched her red wrist but did not dare to touch it "if you're okay, I go back to the cafe, be careful when you get home," I'm turning my body around. Suddenly, Irene wrapped her arms around me "wait a minute or two, her voice shaking, her forehead touching my shoulder. I felt tears welling up my shirt. I was silent like a statue, afraid to move. I let her hug me from behind. This is all I can do.

A few minutes passed, I wish time to stop. Never imagined, we are this close, I can smell her perfume, and the warmth of her embrace. Dammiiittt..Rain ... what do you think, my heart's voice asked my mystical brain. Irene releasing her arms "sorry, have trouble you" I turned towards her and shook my head "no trouble at all" my hand shuddered to touch it, but my stomach hurtburn because of it, and again I like being cursed into a statue. "Thank you, Rain" I'm a little surprised, she calls my name, shhhheeee mention my name, Irene know my name. Suddenly my head was like a flower garden with a lot of flying butterflies. I realized then asked her " do you want to go to the cafe and calm yourself?" I just remembered too long left the cafe. Irene nodded. We went and entered the cafe, I found a two-seater near the window and shifted the chair so she could sit "thank you" she welcomed the chair that I prepared for her. "Do you want to drink hot green tea?" Irene nodded, I left the table and ordered green tea for her. I went back to the counter, and one of the waiters had delivered a drink for her. I glanced at her, Irene looked out, and it made me feel calm. Irene sat there for a while, drank her tea, occasionally playing with her cell phone, at least Irene did not cry anymore.

Irene moved from her seat, carried her bill and walked towards me to pay for her order. She smiled at me and went away. I watched her until she disappeared from the cafe.