Chapter 13

The star in the dark night

At 9.30am, Irene picked me up. Today we decided to go to the theme park. I forced her to go. Irene is against me because I'm sick. But, because I was whining, we finally left.

All day we had a good time, I never let go of my hand to grip her, occasionally I also stole to kiss her cheek. Irene told me why I'm so romantic today, as if we were dating. I whispered to her "you're my girlfriend for a day" she laughed out loud to hear it. We spent time together, never did I feel this close to her. The night was coming, the theme park presents fireworks show, I sit with Irene under the tree, see the beauty of fireworks. I lean my head against her shoulder, clutching her hand, occasionally kissing her hand. I will never forget this beautiful moment. The fireworks ended.

Irene parked her car in the basement, we walked leisurely toward my house, telling the inexhaustible story about what happened today at the theme park. When we got home, we took turns bathing, then lay down on the bed. I turned my face and whispered to her "If I die and be reborn, I will ask God to make me being a man and to be your lover" Irene smiled and turned her face "I am still your lover for the next three hours" we laughed out loud . I saw it very deeply, to strengthen my memory of her face, I touched her face with my fingers, then kissed her forehead "good night". Irene kissed my cheek "good night" then turned off the room lights.

Irene wakes me "Rain, what time is it, you're late" Irene shakes my body "I'll work at one o’clock" I said as I pulled the blanket "ech .. ever since when there was a shift in your caffe" she cradled my body "since today! Let me sleep a little while longer " I hugged her body. Irene was silent to hug me back.

At exactly 11 o'clock, I woke up, Irene was still asleep in my arms, my arm tingling, but I let it go. I want to feel this for the last time. I saw her, her eyelashes flickering, her nose sharp and her lips so beautiful. Boldly I touched her, for the first and last time, I put my fingers over her lips slowly, then put the two into my lips. A few minutes I was hypnotized to see her beauty. Irene woke up and I smiled at her. Irene smiled back and kissed my cheek. I moved from my bed, stepped into the bathroom, looked up to hold my tears out.

Irene drove me to the cafe, then left me. I went to the cafe to see my supervisor. I submitted my letter of resign. The supervisor tried to stop me, she even said she would withdraw my punishment. I thank her for giving my confidence during my work in the cafe, I reasoned to move back to my hometown, so I resigned. I say goodbye to my friends.

Arriving home, I packed my important stuff. I farewell to Grandma and Grandpa Lim, I asked them to give me a week to take my things. They tell me whenever I want to come back, they will accept me. I hugged them and cried.

I booked a taxi to take me to the bus terminal. Well .. I decided to get away from this city. Leave Irene forever. I know my life will be miserable without it, but I have to do it. This is the best decision for both of us.