Chapter 15

The star in the dark night

I reached my hometown, Levi picked me up, I hugged her and cried. Levi my back, after I relaxed a bit, Levi and I left the bus terminal. We just kept quiet all the way. Levi let me rest and immediately said goodbye to go home. I cried in my room, looking at the photos on my phone. I took off my simcard. Block all Irene numbers in my social media accounts and my chat apps. I may be crazy!

I fell asleep from exhaustion.

Levi met me today befores he went to work. She kissed my forehead "cry until your tears dry, I'll stay here tonight to stay with you" I smiled at her. I live my days like a living corpse, I have trouble sleeping without getting drunk, I eat but can not even enjoy it, I speak but I do not know what I'm talking about. I live but lose my soul. One day long passed, I sometimes talked to Irene's photo, as if she was in front of me, I was crazy. Today my aunt cooks my favorite food, even though I do not have the appetite to eat, but I appreciate it, the aunt has accomplished cooking for me. Have you eaten Irene?.

Levi came and stayed at my house, I told her everything, and crying again. Levi faithfully listened to me. She brought wine and we drank until we got drunk. I'm asleep!

One week passed, miraculously ... I'm alive, Levi has begun to lose patience. She met me at the beach, where I often daydream and sit pensively. She pulled my hand "stand!" I reluctantly stood up, she then slapped me, but I did not even feel pain, I was really numb. "If you keep this up, you better die" Levi shouted at me, shaking my shoulders. Levi cried hugging me "go back to her, talk to her, get all that is in your heart directly to her, let her mad at you, yell at you, hit you, the most important you realize, please Rain, do not torture yourself like this, please". I left Levi and walked to the beach, Levi right why I did not kill myself. I have no one anymore, what a fortune I am living. I can never have Irene. I walk and keep walking, my feet touch the water, the waves hit my feet "Rainnnnnn ... Rainnnnn stop, Rainnnnnnnn !!!" Levi pursued me, she pulled my hand, I reluctantly followed her, we both fell, "your aunt called, someone looked for you at home" I saw Levi "looking for me?" Levi got up and helped me up. Soaking wet, Leviand I go to my house "gosh, why are you getting wet like this" aunt gave me and Levi a towel.

The one parked in front of my house is not Irene's car. I dried myself with a towel, I walked into the living room, I saw Aubrey and Jane sitting there. They looked at me, Aubrey stood up, came toward me, suddenly kneeled in front of me "Rain, I know, I do not deserve to see you, I know you hate me" she started crying, Jane and I looked at each other. "I feel so guilty at you, hit me, despise me, I do not deserve your forgiveness, it's just, I beg, come home with us, Irene need you". Jane stands up and pulls Aubrey's arm "stands Aubrey, Rain does not want you to like this" Aubrey looks at me, I nod "I do not hate you Aubrey, but I can not go with you" I turned my body, Jane received a phone call, she talked to someone but she then shouted "Irene lost consciousness? I'll back soon "I paused and the cold atmosphere blanketed over my body, Irene lost consciousness? Why? What happened?

Jane walked toward me, she pulled my arm "I beg you, whatever we will do to bring me back, I do not care if I have to hit you unconscious. Irene needs you, she's comatose, she's unconscious, do you want her to die? "Aubrey cried begging me. "Rain, go with them, change your clothes, I'll get your things ready, do not be stubborn, or you'll be sorry for the rest of your life". Levi pulled my paw and led me to my room, I hurriedly changed while Levi stuffed some of my dressing gear into my suitcase and some other important items. "Call me if you need something, I'll drive there" I just nodded. I said good-bye to my aunt, hugged Levi and go into the car. Jane drove the car very fast. I saw the photo of Irene on my phone, wait for me dear ...

I arrived at the hospital after a two-hour journey, I never got this tense because Jane was driving like a racer. Thankful we arrived safely. Me and Aubrey rushed to the room where Irene was being treated, while Jane parked her car. In front of the room waiting for Laura and Kein. Laura went to Aubrey while Kein came over and hugged me "thank you for coming, wait a minute here" I nodded. Kein entered the room, and moments out again. "Rain comes in." I hesitate to open the door for a few steps until I see Rain's parents, his father approaching me "Rain?" I nodded, I saw Irene lying weak, attached her infusion in her hand, the oxygen hose in her nose and a lap in . I almost did not recognize her, her face was pale. Her mother who sat beside her, stood up and told me to come closer, I walked heavily toward "Irene looking for you, she called your name for these days". I got closer, my hands trembled, my tears fell and unstoppable, I sobbed, my body fell on my knees, I held her hand. Irene's dad approached me "are you okay?" He helps me stand "I'm fine" He let go of her hand. I see Irene again, she's like an undead, losing a few pounds of weight. "We leave you both, you take care of her" said Irene's father to me, I nodded. Irene’s father guided her wife out.

I kissed Irene's forehead, then her eyes and nose, I whispered to her "my darling, my star, I'm here, I see you, open your eyes" I cried. I kissed her weak hand "do not you miss me?" Again I kissed her forehead, rubbing her hair.

I sat near her, clasping her hands, I whispered to her, telling her what I had been doing all this time in the hometown. "I want to kill myself a moment ago, I want to get out of the suffering that tortures me because of my love for you" I kissed her cheek. I then asked her a lot, warmed her to the funny things we had experienced. I do not know how long I sit here, the sun begins to illuminate the room through the closed window curtain. Irene's father woke me up "I brought you breakfast, eat first" I smile "I'll eat it later, thank you". Her father put the food on the table. " I went home my wife last night, had three days we wait here, do you want to go home first, let me take care of her" I shook my head "if you do not mind, let me here, please" I hold my hand to Irene- tightly. His father nodded "I'll come home for a minute then, contact me if anything" Irene's father gave his business card, he wrote another number on the back "Call at this number" I received the card, and promised to contact him. Irene's father said goodbye and left.

I open the window curtain, I see Irene "honey, I want to walk around, the sky is very bright, wake up and accompany me" I talk to Irene, I approach her, kiss her forehead. I sat and grabbed her hand, kissed her, removing my longing. " Irene, I want to say my feelings, will you hear it? "I saw her for a moment" I love you, I fall in love with you "I rub my nose on her cheek" You hear what I say? I love you. Irene, I love you very much, I do not care if you take me or not, but I just want you to know, I love you ". I looked down, leaning my head close to her. I grabbed her hand, and I felt her finger move. I woke up "Irene, are you aware? You moved your finger was not it? It's me, Rain! Irene, my dear ". Her finger moved again, not one but two then three fingers. "Irene, open your eyes dear, look at me, I miss you" Irene gripped my hand weakly, she responded to me. I kissed her forehead then kissed her eyes one by one "open your eyes, do not you miss me" I whispered to her "I love you Irene, I'm here to say that I love you, I love you so much" I cried pleading for her to awake, my tears are burst, can’t hold it.

I shut my mouth with my hands I sobbed "Rain" I heard Irene's weak voice, she blinked her eyes "I'm here dear, open your eyes" I pressed the red button on Irene's bed, moments later the nurse came "Irene awake, she just moved her finger " The nurse came out a moment and then came back with the doctor. I watched what they were doing, Jane and Kein who had just arrived, shocked by the crowd in the room, I approached kein, she hugged me "what's wrong? What's happening? " I smile as I cry" Irene awake, Jane .. Jane please call her father " I said to Jane just remembered. The doctor told Irene to open her eyes slowly, and I saw Irene open her eyes, my heart felt free from the infinite sense of worried. "Rain" the doctor saw us "who is Rain ??" I approached him, the doctor gave injection to Irene "Irene is awake, I give an injection, she will be sleepy, but do not worry it's just a sedative effect" we all nodded. I grabbed her hand, I kissed her forehead and whispered to her "sleep, I'll take care of you".