Chapter 10

The star in the dark night

Irene and I are getting closer and inseparable. No day without us communicating, Irene often picks me up every night, sometimes we stop by for dinner together. Every time I leave work, Irene always asks me to go and we spend all day together.

Irene also went to the cafe more with or without her friends. Sometimes she pretends to go to the toilet just to get in touch with me. We both really enjoyed our time together. I can not live without her. Although I have to keep my feelings tight, I really do not care. For me, all this is enough. I am happy!

Tonight, Irene can not pick me up. After I finished working, I came out of the cafe, waiting for me two friends of Irene outside the car, while the other two waiting in the car.

One of them called me "Rain" I approached them, asked her "are you looking for me?" I took turns seeing them both "can come with us for a while? We want to talk to you" I feel there is urgency to talk about "does Irene know you are looking for me?" They shook their heads.

I entered the car and sat flanked by two friends Irene. "I'm Kein, she's Aubrey, she's Laura and she's Jane, you know we're Irene's best friends, are not you?" I nodded "and why are you looking for me?" Kein touches my hand "We just found out that you are very close with Irene this few months, we are a bit weird with Irene's behavior lately, and we find that she often lies to meet you". I really do not understand what Kein said, lie?

Aubrey then interrupts "In the point, we do not like change from Irene, you have bad influence for her"

Kein stared at Aubrey "stop Aubrey, you agree I'm the one who talking"

I looked at Kein "I never told Irene to lie to you guys, and what's mean with bad influence" I'm a little offended by Aubrey's statement.

"I'm sorry for Aubrey, we just do not like how Irene is busy with you and lying to us, and once she said that her mother was sick when we wanted to celebrate Laura's birthday, because we were close to Irene and her family, we went to see her after the party, but she’s fine.

Is not that outrageous? We started to find out and finally we found out the fact of your closeness. Rain, you two come from a different world, I beg you not to be offended by what I say. Please release Irene, stay away from her " I sighed

"after all, are you not embarrassed? Irene always picks you up, always pays you every dating, always buys you lots of stuff, you parasites!" Aubrey again makes me angry "I'm stop here" Kein tried to calm me "Aubrey shut up, Rain listen to me ..." I can not wait to get out of the car "Jane, stop the car!" Jane stopped the car and I insisted on getting out.

Dammit .. WTF!

Bad influence, parasites!

And damn .. I do not know where I am now.

My phone is ringing, Irene – in the screen.

"Why did not you reply to my chat? You're home already"

I did not know whether to tell her or not, but I did not want her to worry.

"Well .. I'm home, sorry .. I was .."

The sound of an ambulance passing in front of me and okay .. Irene must know I'm lying.

"You're not home, where are you, Rain"

I sighed "I do not know where I am, I just want to check the GPS and you call me" I said it's impossible to lie.

"Send the address to me, I pick you up, find a bright and safe place, understand!" I said yes and then found a place to wait for Irene.

I'm standing in front of a mini market, at least, I feel safe waiting. I heard the horn, and noticed that Irene's car was not far away waiting for me. I ran towards her and got into the car. Irene drove silently, I know I've made her worried "I'm sorry, you have to pick me up" I said as I looked at it. Irene sighed "how can be you at here? Who brought you? Are you drunk?" Irene asked rather angrily. I'm confused to say it or not "hello.. I asked you not a wall!" Irene stepped on the gas that shocked me, okay..she's angry.

I did not say a word, Irene parked the car in the basement. Means, she will stay at my house. Irene walked ahead of me looking very annoyed and I followed her up to my house. She stopped in front of the door, waiting for me to unlock it. We both went into the house, I hugged Irene from behind, smelled her hair, soothing. Irene said nothing, then I let go of my arms, she turned to me "I want an explanation" I put my bag and walked into the room, sitting on the bed. Irene followed me, sitting beside me. I hauled long before finally opening my mouth.

"I take a shower" Irene held my hand "Is it so hard to tell the truth?" I looked at her gently "just a minute, I'll tell you later". Irene let go of my hand and I left her.

I entered the room as soon as I was finished, saw Irene lying down while playing the phone. I lay down beside her, closed my eyes. Irene touches me, I look at her "Your friends meet me when I come out of the cafe, they wait for me to talk. I got in the car with them and chatted ". Irene put her phone and sat next to me "my friends? Why are they meeting you? Where do they know we're friends? "I sat with Irene and shook my head to answer Irene's question. "And what are you talking about?" Irene asked later, I find it very difficult to reveal the content of our conversation. Irene grabbed my hand "tell me frankly, Rain or I'll call them now" Irene is a little mad because I'm just silent.

"Promise me, if you will not fight with them. I'm very bad in their eyes, and if you're angry with them, I think they'll hate me" I squeezed Irene's hand and looked at her sharply. "I do not want to promise, I do not know what happened, but I'll consider it". I sighed "they want me to stay away from you, they say I'm a bad influence for you. I cause you often to break promises and lie to them. And I am a parasite, taking advantage of you because you are rich " I pause and suddenly my lips tremble, as I remember every word of them, I become emotion till shed tears "They say that I .. I .. I am not equal to you, with you guys. I should not be close to you". I burst into tears, the bitterness in my heart that I buried for a few moments, I finally got it out. Irene hugged me, kissed my head, put her face close to my face, her fingers wiped my tears. Irene is silent, does not say anything, she just lets me cry until my tears run out, she hugs me and puts my head on her chest. I heard her heart pounding. After I calmed down, I released myself from her embrace "thanks Irene, I'm feeling fine". Irene looked at me, her hands playing my hair "come on, we sleep. You have to work tomorrow morning”. I lay, Irene turned off her phones, turned off the lights and went to sleep next to me "one day, I'll take you where just me and you, no one else" she kissed my cheek "good night, Rain". I feel the coolness in my heart, we asleep.

My alarm rang, Irene and I were really lazy to get up, but, in the end, I had to force my eyes to open. I turned off the alarm, and hugged Irene, kissed her chin, "good morning" then got out of bed. Irene drove me to the cafe, "I pick you up tonight" I nodded.