Chapter Seven: Ara

Cried Wolf (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven: Ara's POV

I once again sat out the teacher’s office. The biology teachers free period was coming up so I’d finally be able to talk to him.

 

Finally I spotted him coming down the hall.

 

“Mr. Park Dongmin?” I call out to him.

 

“Ah, yes?” He answers coming to a stop beside me.

 

“May I speak with you?” I ask.

 

“Sure. Just let me put my stuff down.” He steps into the office and returns moments later.

 

We head to an empty classroom and sit down across from one another.

 

“What can you tell me about Lee Hyun?” I ask him.

 

“Not much really.” He shrugs. “She doesn’t really talk.”

 

I raise an eyebrow. Everyone could at least comment one thing about her? Did he not know she slept around? Everyone seemed to know?

 

“I heard she failed her last biology test and needed a tutor?” I recite what I learned from her diary.

 

He slowly nods. “Yeah, she did.” His replies short.

 

“And so on Thursday she stayed after to meet with this tutor, correct?” I go on, he was either rude or quiet as well. I couldn’t quite tell yet.

 

“Yes, as far as I know.” He shrugs. “I had to leave school early that day so I couldn’t stay to see the tutor arrive.”

 

“Where were you when you left the school?” I ask crossing one of my legs over the other.

 

His forehead creases confused. “I had to pick up my son from daycare since my wife couldn’t that day.”

 

I sigh, so he’s claiming an alibi?

 

“Can anyone prove that?” I raise an eyebrow.

 

“The cameras in the school can confirm me leaving the school early.” He says nonchalantly.

 

I sigh once more. So quite possibly another dead end again?

 

“What was the tutor’s name?”

 

“Chae Minhwan, he goes to Seoul University.”

 

I stand. “Thank you for your time.”

 

He nods and I take my leave.

 

I let my team know to look more into Park Dongmin, Chae Minhwan, and Yoo Dongwook while I went to see about the camera footage.

 

After being told the camera footage would be sent to the station I headed home.

 

-

 

“Hyuk is arriving in a few minutes.” Jiah said as I stepped inside their apartment. Jinho stood behind her looking not so good the more I saw him. I really hoped he wasn’t slipping back into depression. I should probably keep an closer eye on him to make sure he’s okay.

 

We each all sat around the living room until the front door opened and closed. Jiah quickly stood and went out into the hall.

 

“Why’d you call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter