Chapter Three: Ara

Cried Wolf (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three: Ara's POV

--12 Hours Later--

-Choi Ara-

 

“Chief I’ll be back. I’ve found a friend of that missing Lee girl. I’m going to go question her some.” I tell him.

 

“Are you sure this girl is really missing?” He glances over his newspaper. “I mean this is a small town in Daejeon, nothing ever happens here?”

 

“I’m not sure. But we can never be too careful?” I tell him. She was a young woman after all.

 

He sighs. “Just don’t waste all of your time on this case.”

 

I bow to him. “Yes Sir.”

 

-

 

I step into the cafe where the woman I was looking for supposedly worked. Kim Jiyoon, 23. She supposedly knew Hyun and had met with her a week and a half prior to her disappearance.

 

I step up to the counter looking at the name tags of each worker. There was no Kim Jiyoon. Was this a false lead?

 

“How may I help you?” The woman at the cash register asks.

 

I clear my throat. “Is there a Kim Jiyoon that works here?”

 

The woman nods. “She’s on her break. She should be back any time now.”

 

I nod stepping to the side. After a few minutes a woman in the same work uniform as the other woman I had just talked to steps through the front door.

 

Her hair was dark black, her ears heavily pierced.

 

“Kim Jiyoon?” I step closer to her.

 

“Yes?” She glances as me confused.

 

I pull my badge out showing her and she seems put off by it. “I’m Detective Choi Ara, can I talk to you about Lee Hyun?”

 

Her gaze softens a bit, she figured she wasn’t in trouble so she relaxed. We took a seat at one of the booths and she sighs. “What about her?”

 

“Lee Hyun’s sister reported her missing since Thursday. Have you seen her?” I ask.

 

Jiyoon seems surprised. “No? Nothing happed to her right?”

 

I shrug. “We aren’t sure?”

 

Jiyoon avoids eye contact with me placing a hand on her chest. She seems really shocked by this information. It was odd. Something was off.

 

I need to pry further. “I saw that you guys met up a week or so prior to Thursday? What did you guys meet for?”

 

She swallows. “Hyun and I go way back. We used to hate each other. She slept with my boyfriend at the time. And god was I pissed. But you know Hyun isn’t one to bull, she sat me down and told me straight up. She didn’t know he had a girlfriend, he came onto her. Everyone knows Hyun used to sleep around. So she wasn’t one to say no. I respected her for being honest, my boyfriend cheated on me with multiple people before Hyun, I found out because of her. After that we became closer, but I wouldn’t exactly say we were friends. More like people that just got a long.”

 

I nod listening diligently.

 

“So when she showed up here that day I wasn’t entirely shocked. We’d meet every now and then.” She shakes her head. “We caught up on how things were going quickly. She had changed a lot since the last time I saw her. She claimed she wasn’t sleeping around like she used to but that she needed some help.”

 

“What kind of help?” I ask.

 

Jiyoon stayed silent for a few moments making thinks more suspenseful for me. “She wanted me to buy her a pregnancy test.”

 

My forehead scrunches together. “I thought she wasn’t sleeping around?”

 

“She wasn’t, but she had this guy she really liked. She was sleeping with him. So I assume he’d be the one her got her pregnant.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter