Chapter Two: Jinho | Jiah

Cried Wolf (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two: Jinho & Jiah's POV's

--Thursday: 9:30 PM--

(5 Hours Later)

-Jinho-

 

As I step inside my room I move to plug my phone into charge, it had died half way through the day today and I just now could charge it. Once it’s plugged in I lay myself out on my bed. I couldn’t wait until this vacation was over.

 

My family was suffocating me. They forced me on this trip to “bring our family closer.” But all we’ve done since we got here was fight. It was a typical family vacation.

 

I had been to Jeju every year since I was five and it has long since begun to bore me. But then again there was another reason I wanted to get back to Daejeon. That reason being a girl I extremely cared for. One that when I first met was broken, she felt so alone and just needed someone to be there for her. That person was me, I would always be there for her if she needed me. And because I was there she changed.

 

I hear my phone buzz multiple times.

 

I sit and push myself back towards the bed side table. Once I’m within reach I grab my phone.

 

There was one message from Hyun. The very person I wanted to see.

 

I smile to myself before unlocking my phone to check her message. It was a voice message which wasn’t too unusual. She’d do that from time to time.

 

But when I clicked on it and heard her voice I knew something was wrong. She sounded off, like she had been crying. Her voice was quieter that usual as well.

 

“Jinho, I’m sorry. I thought I had changed. I mean I did but what I did in the past doesn’t change, my history will always catch up to me. I’m sorry, I really loved you. I’m sorry for making things difficult for you. I’ll do things on my own now.”

 

And that was it. I flung up off the bed and rushed to call her.

 

But the call went straight to voicemail.

 

“Come on Hyun, pick up the phone.” I say out loud like she could hear me as I dial again. Again straight to voicemail.

 

Something wasn’t right.

 

Even if she was going through a tough time she’d answer. That’s how she was. She’d answer and pretend to be alright.

 

I rush out of my room and down to my parents. I don’t even bother knocking. They were already in bed for the night, being early sleepers.

 

“Mom, Dad.” I flick on the lights.

 

My mom sits up first. “Jinho, honey what’s wrong?”

 

“I have to go. I have to go home, my friend. She left a message and she didn’t sound alright. Now she’s not answering her phone.” I exclaim running a hand through my hair.

 

My father sat up next. He notices how frantic I am. “I’ll drive you to the airport.”

 

Leaving my mom and sister’s behind my dad rushed me to the airport. I could only hope a flight was leaving soon and that there was still a seat available.

 

I run my hand through my hair again. I bite into my lip, my hands running to join together tightly. My knee bouncing up and down nervously.

 

Please be okay.

 

“Jinho, I’ve never seen you so upset before?” My Dad interrupts. “Is she someone important?”

 

I glance his way. “Very.”

 

He nods in understandment. “I see.”

 

Hyun wasn’t just someone I slept with. I wasn’t just a guy she’d sleep with once and be done with like in the past. I was different, I cared. We didn’t really give ourselves a title. But if someone were to look at us they would assume we were a couple. Which we were, we just didn’t actively say we were dating.

 

I say that I’m the one helping her but really she’s the one helping me. When I first met her I was depressed. I didn’t feel good enough for anyone or anything. But after meeting her and getting to know what she’s really like, I fell for her. I depended on her.

 

She made me feel alive.

 

She needed me and I needed her.

 

So she had to be okay. I don’t know what I’d do if she wasn’t. If she relapsed and sleeps with someone I’d be mad, but I’d forgive her. There are times whenever I’d relapse myself and slip back into depression. But I’d still be hurt.

 

Please just let there be a plane.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter