Chapter 5

Dark Night [Sequel to 'White Night']

Wooseok sat on the living room couch, watching TV when Dongyeol returned home from practice. He greeted the older with a raised eyebrow and his arms crossed over his chest. “What? I was bored!” Wooseok defended himself. “Do I even want to ask how you managed to get downstairs?” Dongyeol asked with a chuckle.

He let himself fall onto the couch next to his boyfriend. Wooseok turned off the TV and faced him. “How was practice?” he asked. The younger sighed and rested his head on Wooseok’s shoulder. “It was weird...like, practice itself was normal but...Hwanhee and I talked and it was weird...”, Dongyeol explained. “Something between us just changed and I don’t know what or why”, he added. Dongyeol had noticed how cold Hwanhee seemed to be towards Wooseok but he couldn’t imagine why. Was it only because he wanted to look out for him?

He felt Wooseok’s arm wrap around his shoulders. “It’ll be alright...maybe he’s having girl trouble or something like that...”, Wooseok suggested. Dongyeol sighed again. “He used to talk to me about the girls he was meeting...”, he said. “But it pissed you off because you were into him”, Wooseok stated. Dongyeol didn’t answer – mainly because it was true.

“Cheer up...I’m sure you’ll figure out what’s bothering him”, Wooseok said and kissed his temple. Dongyeol nodded. Wooseok turned his face to give him a proper kiss. Dongyeol shifted to straddle the older, never breaking the kiss. His conversation with Hwanhee about sleeping with Wooseok was suddenly fresh in his mind. Wooseok’s hands trailed over his sides and under his shirt as Dongyeol’s tongue traced along his boyfriend’s bottom lip, asking for entrance which he was granted almost immediately.

Dongyeol took control of the kiss, his fingers softly tugging on Wooseok’s black hair. They didn’t stay there for long, though. Instead, Dongyeol ran his hands over the older’s chest. Wooseok pulled back from their kiss to look at Dongyeol, his hands still under the younger’s shirt.

“Wait...”, he said, even though he sounded a little bit reluctant. “Maybe we shouldn’t...at least not here.” Dongyeol chuckled and climbed off his boyfriend’s lap. “Do you want to go back upstairs then?” he asked with a grin. Wooseok looked like he wanted to do just that but instead of saying that he faced Dongyeol. “Why are you in such a rush all of a sudden?” he questioned.

“I’m not...I just thought you might want to...”, Dongyeol replied with a shrug. “I want to but are you sure that you’re ready?” Wooseok asked with a slight blush on his face. Dongyeol was pretty sure that he was ready. He trusted Wooseok and even though they had never really discussed , he was certain that he wanted his first time to be with him.

“I am”, he said firmly. “But maybe we should wait until your ankle heals...”, he added. Wooseok laughed. “I keep telling you that I’m fine...but if you want to wait, it’s fine by me. I’m ready when you are”, the older replied.

~

Jinwook returned home to a set table and his boyfriend greeting him with a kiss. However, he noticed immediately that something was off. Kogyeol’s smile didn’t seem 100% sincere; Jinwook would know because his smile was one of the things he loved the most about his boyfriend.

“Okay, what’s wrong?” Jinwook questioned, sitting down on one of the two rickety chairs at the small dinner table. Kogyeol carried the food over to the table and sat down across from him. He sighed and reached for Jinwook’s plate to put food onto it. “My Mom is remarrying...”, he said.

Jinwook’s eyes widened. Of all the things he imagined bothering his boyfriend he hadn’t expected it to be this. “What?” he asked. “She met this rich doctor and now she’s getting married...and...he’s nice!” Kogyeol complained, picking his fork up. That confused Jinwook even more. Why did it bother Kogyeol if the guy was nice?

“Baby, I don’t quite see your problem here...”, Jinwook told the younger. “My problem is that my Mom has horrible taste in guys! That guy can’t be for real...there has to be a catch...”, Kogyeol answered. Jinwook got the feeling that that wasn’t all, though and that feeling was confirmed when Kogyeol put his fork back down with force.

“Worst of it all is that his son is the captain of the Steels!” Jinwook stared back at him. “The Gangnam Steelblades? H-his son is Choi Suwon?” he questioned, just to make sure he’d heard correctly. Kogyeol nodded with a bitter expression. Jinwook got up from his seat and walked around the table to sit on his boyfriend’s lap sideways, wrapping his arms around the younger’s neck.

“Listen, this might not be the most ideal family situation but maybe that guy’s father really is nice”, Jinwook tried to cheer him up. Kogyeol sighed, looking up at Jinwook. “What if he isn’t...I’ve spent almost nine years watching my Mom date one after the other. Maybe this one is just a rich ...”, he argued.

“You should give him a chance. The wedding isn’t going to be next week, right? Get to know him a little and if you still think he’s an , you can tell your Mom how you feel about her getting married to him. She promised to stop putting her boyfriends before you so she might listen”, Jinwook suggested.

Kogyeol slowly nodded his head, seemingly thinking about his boyfriend’s words. He still looked kind of unhappy when he spoke up again: “Fine...I hope you’re right about this guy...” Jinwook smiled at him. “Of course, I am...”, he said and got up. “Now, let’s eat before it gets cold”, he added.

Kogyeol complied, but he was absent-minded throughout the entire lunch. Jinwook decided to leave him be for now. He really hoped, for both Mrs Go and Kogyeol, that Dr Choi was a good guy. He only knew his son, Choi Suwon, and that guy was far from good.

“You know what's the weirdest part of it all?” Kogyeol spoke up while they were washing the dishes together. “What?” Jinwook asked. “I always thought I’d get married before my Mom even considered getting engaged to anyone”, the younger said, meeting Jinwook’s eyes. The older blushed and proceeded drying off the plate in his hand.

“Well, i-it’s not a race, is it?” Jinwook stammered. He heard Kogyeol chuckle. “It’s not...but it was just a thought I had”, he replied. Jinwook’s blush deepened. He hadn’t been aware that Kogyeol had had thoughts about getting married at all. They were still young and Jinwook didn’t even know if the younger had thought about it with him in mind...

“Jinwook...”, Kogyeol called out to him, ripping him from his thoughts. Jinwook looked at him. “I love you”, Kogyeol told him, this time with a genuine smile on his face. “I love you, too”, Jinwook answered. He found himself unable to shake off the marriage thoughts for the rest of the day.