You Again

The Publicity Stunt [Slow Updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Guess who's back?! Also, triple update coming your way!

The Kim family had been on vacation together for a week now all thanks to their daughter who had saved up money to treat her family to something she had always dreamt of giving them. The Kim family was at an open park and had found the perfect spot to set up everything for a barbeque feast.

“Isn’t that-” Dahyun’s mother whispered to herself before squinting her eyes and calling out, “Son Chaeyoung?”

Chaeyoung, who was taking pictures of the scenery, turned around and was pleasantly surprised by the sight before him. He smiled that dreamy smile of his- showing his irresistible dimple. He strode over with his camera in one hand before stopping in front of the older woman.

“Oh hello! What a pleasant surprise to see you here, ma’am.” Chaeyoung greeted with a bow before beaming at her again.

“It is you!” Dahyun’s mother exclaimed before pulling into Chaeyoung into a warm hug. Chaeyoung was surprised but relaxed into her embrace almost instantly and hugged her back. “It’s so good to see you!”

“It’s good to see you too, ma’am!” Chaeyoung chuckled before they both pulled away from each other. He smiled on as he watch Mrs. Kim scan him from head to toe with a motherly smile. It had been quite a while since they last met.

“How are your parents? What are you doing here? Are you well?” Mrs. Kim asked once she had finished taking in the sight of Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung couldn’t contain his chuckle at Mrs. Kim’s machine gun questions- it had reminded him of his own mother whenever she was excited about something.

“They’re well, thank you for asking. I’m here on a business trip but I decided to spend a few days just roaming the island before heading back to Seoul.” Chaeyoung responded.

“Omo! Wait until Dahyun sees you!” Mrs. Kim said excitedly. Chaeyoung had parted his lips to say something but was unable to following Mrs. Kim’s sudden yell.

“Hyunjoo!” Mrs. Kim yelled out upon seeing her youngest daughter carrying a carton of canned drinks- heading deeper into the open area of the park.

The youngest Kim daughter jumped at the sudden call of her name before turning around and facing her mom with eyes wide open due to the shock she experienced through her mother’s piercing yell.

“Tell your sister to get over here, quick!” Mrs. Kim shouted out making Hyunjoo confused. However, the young girl didn’t question it.

“Yes mom!” Hyunjoo called back before bringing the carton further in.

“Dahyun’s here too! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Mrs. Kim excitedly said once she faced Chaeyoung again. Chaeyoung could barely nod before Mrs. Kim started speaking again.

“She’s doing so well now!” Mrs. Kim gushed proudly.

Chaeyoung smiled at the sight before him. Dahyun had always wanted to make her parents proud and give her family a better life- he was proud that she was living her dream now.

“Actually, we bumped into each other on the flight here.” Chaeyoung said politely smiling.

“So, you’ve met her? She blossomed prettily, didn’t she?” Mrs. Kim excitedly asked.

“She’s as beautiful as can be.” Chaeyoung said sincerely.

Mrs. Kim beamed up to Chaeyoung as if it was the biggest compliment she had ever received. Dahyun was their family’s pride and joy. Hearing such a compliment come out from the young man before her made her eyes water a bit. However, before she was caught by Chaeyoung. She cleared and controlled her emotions before coming closer and cupping Chaeyoung’s face.

“Well, let me take a good look at you.” Mrs. Kim said as she took in the grinning man before her.

It has been years since she last saw Chaeyoung and she felt so happy to see the little boy who lived down the street from them back then had grown into the man before her today.

“You’ve grown into a fine young man.” Mrs. Kim gushed which caused Chaeyoung to beam even brighter.

“Thank you, ma’am!”

As Chaeyoung was about to say something else, he was cut off by a voice coming from behind them.

“Mom, Hyunjoo said you called m-” Dahyun had stopped in her tracks when her mother and Chaeyoung turned to face her. Her surprised expression changed into a welcoming smile, “Oh?”

“Dahyun!” Her mother exclaimed, beckoning her over before gesturing to the man before them. “It’s Chaeyoung!”

“I can see that.” Dahyun chuckled as she grinned to her mother. She faced the architect in front of the, “Hey again.”

“Hi.” Chaeyoung nodded politely.

Dahyun awkwardly waved back. She stood in front of her mother and old friend before chuckling at the awkwardness of the whole thing. Dahyun pointed back to the direction from where she came from-

“We’re having a barbecue.” Dahyun informed, somewhat shyly- not knowing what else to say.

As if she had said a magic word, Mrs. Kim immediately snapped out of her trance of watching the two young adults

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter