What's Your Story?

The Publicity Stunt [Slow Updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This might be a really boring chapter but thank you so much for following this story and giving it a chance. I will try to make future updates better and more interesting. It's forecasted to snow tomorrow in London so hah! Who knows, maybe I'll be inspired? Enjoy!

Tzuyu insisted that coffee was on him since he could use his employee discount in the café- he even waved his ID card proudly in front of Sana. After putting up a friendly fight, Sana gave in and stated her order of a caramel latte to the barista. They sat together on a cosy table by the corner of the café, talking about the weather and their respective schedules for the week.

Sana eyed the Taiwanese idol who was looking down to his mug and bit her lip. There was no doubt he was extremely handsome, making it hard to say anything to him. However, she is Sana and Sana is …

“Excuse me if I’m coming across too forward…” Sana started as she leant forward.

A busy body. She just knew that her curious and nosey nature could not be contained. She has been tuning it down for weeks now when her manager informed her that she won’t be answering any of her questions. Now, Sana doesn’t think she can contain herself anymore.

“No, no. Go ahead.” Tzuyu insisted, motioning her to continue.

"Why did your group split?" Sana asked, genuine curiosity radiating from her big brown eyes. "You were doing so well."

Tzuyu chuckled, albeit sadly before smiling again, "I'll let you know as soon as I make sense of it all.”

Sana’s head tilted to the side as she sent a confused look across the table towards the former Hallyu artist. Tzuyu chuckled once again before taking a sip of his coffee. He then straightened his posture before taking a breath.

"We took a break from our last promotion as we prepared for our next comeback." Tzuyu started, looking deep into the black liquid in the mug in hand.

"Everything was going how it usually went."

"We were in and out of recording studios, dance rehearsals and concept meetings."

"Then one day, we were told that our comeback is to be delayed because our album lacked a few songs and was not up to standard."

Sana’s eyebrow raised in genuine shock from his words. Tzuyu smiled slightly before proceeding with his story.

"So we went back to the drawing board. Tried several different concepts, composed and produced several different songs. And it took time.”

Sana’s eyebrows furrowed in empathy. She understood how precious time was in their industry. One mistake in timing can cause a big problem. She couldn’t imagine what Air Nomads faced during the hiatus which eventually led to their disbandment.

"Fans were still waiting for us though." Tzuyu informed, voice slightly lighter.

Sana felt her heart break a little at the way Tzuyu’s shoulders slumped slightly before he continued with a heavy sigh.

"But six months became a year which became two years."

"By the time we had stabilised ourselves again, other groups were much more successful despite the following that we had. We just could not meet the required target in the end."

"We spent so much money on our comeback processes that we couldn't recover."

Sana felt really sad for the man before her. Air Nomads’ disbandment was one of the most unfortunate break up in the kpop industry.

"The company broke even and decided to try a few of us in different projects while the rest solely worked on the group's revival."

"Which we agreed to." Tzuyu assured, to which Sana responded with an understanding nod.

"Then, one day, we were told that they were pulling the plug on Air Nomads."

"Just like that?" Sana voiced out, shocked at the revelation. Tzuyu nodded- he was use to the shock reaction. He got it from everyone who he had opened up to as well.

"Everything moved double time after that." He continued.

"The members who worked on the group's revival project felt cheated and terminated their contracts as soon as they could to seek a better opportunity elsewhere."

He looked up to find Sana nodding her head slowly, taking in all the information he had just sprung onto her. She offered the singer an apologetic smile which Tzuyu kindly accepted and returned. Tzuyu felt somewhat comforted by the sincerity present in Sana’s brown eyes as she looked towards him.

“Anyway, with the absence of a group, I went solo.” Tzuyu said, albeit shyly.

“Which doesn’t seem to be going so hot if I’m being honest. My first two attempts didn’t do well. But who knows…” Tzuyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter