Sana's Impending Doom

The Publicity Stunt [Slow Updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana groaned as she woke up to the sound of her alarm. Even when she went to bed early the previous night, she still felt like 9 hours was not enough.

Sana checked her phone's calendar to see her schedule for the day. It was something she had been accustomed to since her debut. Her schedule is basically her life. She rolled off her bed before proceeding with her morning routine.

"Good morning Sana." Her manager, Ahn Hyejin, greeted once Sana stepped into the car.

"Good morning." Sana greeted back as she settled onto her seat.

"Ready?" Hyejin smirked as she watched the actress recheck her face for the umpteenth time since she had gotten into the car.

Sana pouted, not appreciating the teasing that was done by her manager. It had been going on for weeks now- more specifically, since the project was announced.

Sana inwardly cringed and groaned at the same time as she felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She was on the way to a meeting today. An important meeting. A meeting on Operation: Publicity Stunt as Hyejin calls it. She was going to meet, sit and discuss with some other random celebrity about their fake relationship and how they would play it out for the media. Oh how she wished that someone would shake her awake from this nightmare.

Sana glanced over to her manager and found Hyejin eyeing her in a teasing manner. She had pestered the JYP staff for weeks now, trying to find out who her fake boyfriend would be but Hyejin would only shrug and resume to ignore her whenever Sana brought it up.

"Unnie, don't lie to me. You know who it is right?" Sana said as she leant closer to her manager.

Hyejin chuckled before flipping her hair sassily.

"Of course, I do.”

Sana eyed the older woman anxiously for a second. Once she saw Hyejin take a sip from her coffee cup, Sana frowned. It did not seem like her manager was going to give her the 411.

"Well? Aren't you gonna tell me?" The actress asked desperately, trying to coax information from her manager with her famous pout.

Hyejin pursed her lips and pretended to think for a while before glancing over to the actress again.

"Depends, what's in it for me?" Hyejin wiggled her eyebrows.

"I'll be your best friend!~" Sana sang, receiving a snort from her manager.

"I'm you're only friend." Hyejin said before she directed her attention back to her phone, doing what needs to be done.

"That's not true!!!" The actress whined.

"Fine. Don't tell me then." Sana crossed her arms, pouted and faced away from the manager she knew and loved since her debut, years back.

It was only 5 seconds and all that was heard in the car was the faint sound of the radio and Hyejin’s typing. Sana kept glancing to Hyejin in hopes that the older woman would crack. But much to Sana’s dismay, Hyejin didn’t seem one bit interested in putting her out of her misery.

"Unnie," Sana eventually whined, she leant in and clinged onto Hyejin’s arm. Hyejin sighed light-heartedly as she placed her phone aside and stared at the actress with a soft smile on her lips.

Sana sighed as well before tightened her hold on Hyejin’s arm, "I'm really nervous as it is. I think I'd be less nervous if I found out who it was before meeting him."

Hyejin’s expression got even softer once Sana finished talking and she decided to stop being so evil to the actress who kept fidgeting in her seat ever since she had entered the car.

"Chou Tzuyu." Hyejin announced easily before lifting up her phone again.

"Tzuyu? Like... from Air Nomads?” Sana asked in a shocked tone.

Hyejin hummed, indicating a yes. After a second of pausing, Sana’s eyes went wider than it ever went before.

“A boy group member?" Sana exclaimed. Hyejin chuckled before dropping her phone again and glanced over to the no distressed actress.

“Yes, Sana.” Hyejin answered in a monotone as she resumed to type away on her phone.

"Oh my god, it's official. You have finally lost it. Might as well have my funeral now. His fangirls are going to assassinate me"

"Oh don't be so dramatic. They'll probably just skin you alive." Hyejin replied in a matter of fact tone. "Besides, he's a former boy group member."

"That makes it better." Sana mumbled sarcastically, causing Hyejin to laugh. The manager leant over and patted Sana’s head affectionately as she kept giggling.

"Relax. It'll be fine. We have thought of all situations. We'll explain eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter