Heart Shaker

The Publicity Stunt [Slow Updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello lovelies! I am back with an update. This chapter focuses on 2Yeon. I hope you like it!
Please read the note at the end! And and and, stream #YESorYES! <3

Jeongyeon cursed for the umpteenth time that morning. He had wondered why none of his staff was present to help him open up- then he remembered that he had given the team the morning off due to the hard work they have put in for the past few months. He had deduced that it was the least busy day of the week anyway for the café and had been confident that he wouldn’t have a problem in managing the café alone- well, at least just for the morning. It would all be running smoothly if he hadn’t overslept.

After prepping for the day and putting the last tray of the morning’s bake batch into the oven, Jeongyeon rushed to prepare the front of the house, from putting down the chairs, to the rearranging the tables and wiping them to wiping the windows of the bakery and sweeping the floors.

He stood outside the entrance and sigh in relief as he was done with opening and cleaning the café. He smiled happily as he stood in front of the café- taking in the product of years of hard work and dedication.

He was about to re-enter his café when his eye caught someone crossing the road into incoming traffic. The car was travelling faster than it should and due to its hybrid system, Jeongyeon deduced that the person crossing didn’t notice the car approaching. Not wasting any time, Jeongyeon ran towards the person and pulled her towards him which resulted to the both of them to go tumbling to the ground. What was heard was a high pitched shriek over the sound of the car horn.

“LEARN TO DRIVE, MAN!” Jeongyeon shouted after the car.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jeongyeon asked once he had turned back to the woman he saved.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Came the reply of a slightly shaken voice.

Jeongyeon felt everything moving in slow motion when the woman turned her head. He blinked a few times, taking in the presence of the nation’s sweetheart. She was already breath taking through the screen- she was even more beautiful in real life.

“Oh, you, y-you’re…” Jeongyeon stuttered, feeling his throat suddenly dry up at the sight of the woman before him.

Nayeon turned to lock eyes with him and found him with a shocked expression on his face. Upon catching his meaning, Nayeon let out a shy smile before ducking her head down.

“Yeah.” She confirmed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ears.

Jeongyeon looked around and realised that they were still on the streets and it would start to be filled soon with people- all who would recognise the celebrity before him. Nayeon seemed alright but she still looked a bit shaken up, making Jeongyeon uncomfortable with parting ways with her anytime soon.

“Why don’t you come in for a cup of tea or something? I don’t open until an hour or so, so I’m sure no one will bother you.” He suggested before gesturing to his café.

“That sounds great, thanks.” Nayeon sighed thankfully.

Jeongyeon stood up first before sticking his hand out, offering it to Nayeon who gladly accepted. After standing up and dusting herself off, she followed Jeongyeon’s lead to the café, ducking her head low in hopes to avoid getting noticed by any passer-by.

Nayeon was left to entertain herself with the interior of the café when Jeongyeon had disappeared to the kitchen to get some food for Nayeon. When he returned, he spotted Nayeon taking pictures of the feature wall with her phone from the cosy corner seat she had chosen to occupy earlier.

“Here’s your tea and I brought some milk bread. Fresh from the oven!” Jeongyeon said as he placed the pot of his speciality tea on the table along with a plate that contained the milk bread.

“Well, not exactly fresh fresh from the oven, I needed to cool it down but still fresh from the oven.” He said as he skilfully spun the tray on his index finger with a charming smile.

“Thank you.” Nayeon blushed.

“No problem. Well, if you need me, I’ll be-” He had just gestured his hand to the cashier area before Nayeon had spoken up, cutting him off.

“Actually, this is a lot.” The idol stated, eyeing the plate which contained a generous helping of milk bread. Her eyes darted back to the owner, “Why don’t you join me?”

“You sure?” Jeongyeon asked, surprised and hesitant at the idol’s invitation.

“Mmhmm” Nayeon nodded affirmatively gesturing to the seat opposite her.

“I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Nayeon.” Nayeon said as she watched him pull out a chair from opposite her.

“I think it’s a crime if someone doesn’t know the Nation’s Sweetheart.” The charming owner had commented whilst sitting down. He smiled smugly as he saw shades of pink beginning to bloom on the celebrity’s cheeks.

“I’m Jeong-” He started.

“Jeongyeon.” Nayeon finished. "I know."

Jeongyeon had tilted his head to one side, half surprised and half impressed that she had known his name. His eyebrows furrowed and Nayeon had caught on.

“Thank you for saving me again today.” She had said in place of offering an explanation.

Jeongyeon had become even more perplexed by the former’s words.

“Again?” Jeongyeon repeated, not bothering to hide his confusion.

“I was in a similar predicament a few days back, remember?” Nayeon attempted to jog his memory to the day she went out with Mina but failed as the man before her furrowed his eyebrows even deeper.

“I almost got run over in front of the bank.” Nayeon tried again. This time, it was as if a light bulb went on and Jeongyeon’s expression changed into a look of realisation.

“That was you…” Jeongyeon said slowly as his eyes squinted as if trying to recall the memory.

“Yeah.” Nayeon trailed off, starting to feel somewhat embarrassed.

She pretended to fuss over her tea, adding a sachet of sugar into it along with a dash of milk before stirring it carefully. Her concentration on her tea soon was interrupted by Jeongyeon’s voice.

“You came to the café as well right that day? With a friend?” He asked, eyes still squinted. Upon receiving a nod from Nayeon, he nodded his head understandingly and looked somewhat embarrassed.

“I’m sorry I didn’t recognise you.” He apologised, mentally cursing himself for not able to recognise such a famous person.

“No, it’s okay. It was kind of my intention for the day- to go out unrecognised.” Nayeon giggled awkwardly before sipping her tea.

“All the attention must be hard for you sometimes.” Jeongyeon commented, eyes full of understanding.

“It has its moments.” Nayeon nodded solemnly before smiling again, “But I’m thankful for it all.”

They locked eyes for a few seconds before Jeongyeon shied away. He couldn’t stare at such perfection any longer wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter