Hello?

The Publicity Stunt [Slow Updates]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Part 2 of the triple update so make sure you're doing it right :p

Tzuyu peeked in one of the studios in AMuzic headquarters and saw his target alone inside the studio packing his things probably getting ready to leave the building. Tzuyu smirked mischievously before he sneaked into the room, careful not to make a sound.

“Boo!” Tzuyu said as he slapped his palms onto the shoulders of an unsuspecting individual.

He grinned as he watched the man before him yelp in surprise before turning around- ready to fight the intruder who snuck up on him.

Hirai Momo’s furious features softened once he met the sight of a laughing Tzuyu before him – He was still annoyed though.

“Tzuyu! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” He attempted to scold the younger man.

“Sorry.” Tzuyu grinned, making whatever that was left of Momo’s anger disappear.

“What are you doing here?” Momo asked, head tilted sideways, eyeing the Taiwan native.

“I heard from Minju noona that you’re in Korea to choreograph for their comeback.” Tzuyu said, referring to the member of the successful female duo KHAN. “Just thought I’d come over and say hi.”

“Say hi? More like scare the crap out of me.” Momo retorted, glaring at the younger man who grinned back to him.

“Sorry.” Tzuyu grinned sheepishly.

“But don’t blame me! What happened to the calm, collected and always alert Hirai Momo I know and love?”

“You’re still as cheeky as always.” Momo mumbled.

Momo had choreographed one of Tzuyu’s solo singles and plenty more for different artists under AMuzic so he and Momo had developed quite a strong bond over the years. The two of them had sat down on the seats at the back of the studio and Tzuyu was rambling on and on about his recent work when he realised that the Japanese wasn’t even paying attention to him. Therefore, Tzuyu placed a hand on Momo’s shoulder to get his attention.

“Hey, something on your mind?” Tzuyu asked as he cocked his head to the side making Momo chuckle lightly.

“I would say no but something tells me that you’re probably going to keep asking until I say yes even if there isn’t anything going on with me.” Momo joked.

“So, you admit that there’s something.” Tzuyu concluded, smirking.

Momo blinked a few times, wondering if he truly did admit to anything. Taking Momo’s silence as a confirmation, Tzuyu grinned once more.

“Aha! Come on, get it off of your chest then.” Tzuyu said excitedly. “You’ll feel better.”

“That’s what you say but I don’t think that it’ll help.” Momo said doubtfully.

Tzuyu on the other hand started whining like a little kid and started poking Momo’s arm, “Come on!”

“So there’s this girl…” Momo gave in, making Tzuyu’s poking stopped as the younger man smirked to him.

“Oooo ~ Girl problems.” The Taiwanese idol teased causing Momo to glare his way.

“Do you want to hear it or not?”

Momo sighed when Tzuyu had apologised and gestured for him to continue with his story.

“She’s a celebrity and Hana-chan had worked with her several times.” Momo started again and Tzuyu nodded his head, letting the older man know he was listening.

“I think I really like her.” Momo confessed.

“The crazy part is-” Momo paused, before he shook his head a bit. “I think she likes me too.”

Upon catching a glimpse of Tzuyu’s doubtful expression. Momo flicked the younger man’s forehead before proceeding to explain why he thinks the feeling between him and the idol was mutual.

“She gave me her number the last time I saw her and she kind of told me to call her.”

Momo had to restrain himself from rolling his eyes at the Taiwanese idol when Tzuyu shot him an impressed look. He decided that he would just continue with his problem.

“But the thing is, I haven’t called her yet.” Momo admitted as he let his shoulders drop.

At the mention of phone calls, Tzuyu froze for a while. He registered all the information Momo had given and it was as if a light bulb had gone off in his head.

“It’s been a while. What do you think I shou-”

 “Wait!” Tzuyu called out as he cut Momo off in mid-sentence.

The dancer faced the taller man with a confused expression which turned even more confused when the Taiwanese’s eyes widened in realisation.

“The dancer who didn’t call- that’s you?!” Tzuyu accused.

“What?” Momo said, obviously confused.

At this point, confused was an understatement for Momo. Tzuyu was still looking at him with the same expression and Momo could tell from the look in his eyes that Tzuyu was analysing something. Then, Tzuyu’s eyes changed from analysing something to a confident look.

“Of course it’s you!” Tzuyu said, this time with more confidence. “You danced for Twice’s tour in Japan!”

Upon hearing Twice’s group name being mentioned, Momo’s eyes widened in shock and panic. Did Tzuyu know?

“What? Wait, what do you know?” Momo demanded as he straightened his posture and looked up to the Taiwanese.

“So, it is you!” Tzuyu grinned. “She gave you her number after they finished the tour in Japan and you haven’t called her since.”

Momo huffed and slumped his shoulders in defeat. Tzuyu definitely knew.

“Okay okay, it’s me.” Momo confirmed, looking at the floor.

Tzuyu didn’t want to mention that he did not know exactly which member it was that Momo was referring to since Sana had been very careful to not let it slip when she told him about it the other day. Also, Tzuyu wanted Momo to open up and that’ll only work if Momo was under the impression that Tzuyu knew everything. Doing a brief analysis in his head of the possible members, Tzuyu bit the insides of his cheek and carefully selected which member it was.

“So, why didn’t you call Mina?” Tzuyu asked, voice confident- although there was a 2/3 chance that he was going to get the guess wrong.

“I- I don’t know…” Momo breathed out, disappointed.

Tzuyu on the other hand let out a breath of relief that he had guessed correctly.

“How do you know about all this anyway?” Momo demanded, frustrated that the annoying Yoda look alike got hold of the story.

Tzuyu laughed at Momo’s sulky expression before shrugging nonchalantly, “I’m dating Sana and Sana is basically Twice’s fifth member.”

“Sana?” Momo asked again, confused by the whole situation and how nonchalant Tzuyu was being.

“Mmhmm, Minatozaki Sana.” Tzuyu answered with a proud smile, her name rolling off his tongue felt really nice.

“The actress?” Momo asked and Tzuyu nodded his head, “You’re dating her?”

Tzuyu smirked playfully before shrugging, “That’s another story. Back to you.”

“B-but-” Momo tried to retort only to be cut off by the younger man.

“You do realise how hurt Mina is right?” Tzuyu asked sternly as he recalled how concerned Sana was over her heart broken friend the other day.

Momo sighed and dropped his gaze to the floor again before nodding his head shamefully.

“I had a feeling.” Momo admitted, feeling incredibly guilty for his actions.

Momo sighed before talking again, “Hana-chan hit me over the head with a broom when she found out the other day and threatened to fire me if I don’t make things right before returning to Japan.”

Momo had referred to his older sister and also boss as she happened to be one of the co-founder and CEO of the dancing agency and crew he was under. Their team had received global recognition for all the work they have done for various artists from various countries and one of the major acts that Hirai Hana had choreographed for had been Twice. Therefore, their company and JYPE work closely together in when it comes to Twice’s schedules in Japan.

“Seriously?” Tzuyu asked in an amused tone. At Momo’s nod, Tzuyu barked out a laugh, “Hana-chan is the best!”

Momo’s eyes narrowed when Tzuyu carried on laughing at his predicament and it didn’t go unnoticed by the idol who immediately sobered up and tried his best to stop laughing. After he had calmed down fully, Tzuyu then got seriously curious.

“So, what are you going to do now?” Tzuyu asked the older man.

“I-” Momo started only to let out a sad sigh. “I don’t know. At this point, I don’t want to be a bother.”

“You know they’re on hiatus at the moment right?” Tzuyu questioned as his eyebrows furrowed together after hearing Momo’s reasoning.

“I heard.” Momo nodded.

“So, stop making excuses.” Tzuyu sighed.

“I’m not-” Momo tried to defend himself but Tzuyu was having none of it.

“She’s been waiting for you all this time. You’re here now. She’s here.” Tzuyu said simply. “Take a chance.”

At Momo’s silence, Tzuyu decided to continue to persuade him to give Mina a call. However, this time, he became more soft and sensitive to Momo’s feelings as he nudged the dancer softly with his elbow.

“Call her.” Tzuyu advised in a soft and assuring voice, “You seriously have nothing to lose.”

“Hyung, making her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter