The truth is out

Contract Killer II: Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“UNNIE!” Eunha screamed as she scrambled up the stairs chasing after the older girl. “Unnie please, please I’m begging you don’t go.” She cried and held on to her sister’s leg as the older girl stuffed her belongings into a duffle bag. Eunha looked up and saw that her sister had tears streaming down her face as well as she continued to shove her clothes and belongings into the bag.

“Unnie please…” Eunha choked on a sob, clawing at the girl as she tried to grab on to something. Anything, as long as she could hold on to her sister for a little more. She was a crying, hiccupping mess. She wiped eyes and nose furiously with her sleeve as she tried to stop herself from sobbing but the more she willed herself to stop, the harder she wept.

“Don’t leave me… Unnie, please. Please, I’ll do whatever you want just DON’T GO!” Eunha begged. She was on her knees now, clutching on to her sister’s jacket. The older girl knelt to match Eunha’s eye level and wiped her tears away.

“I’m sorry Eunbi… I want to take you with me but… I can’t. I don’t have the power or money to support us both.” The older girl said as she tried to console her sister.

“I’ll work! I’ll give you my piggy bank! I don’t mind living on the streets, just take me with you! Please!” Eunha tried to negotiate but her sister only smiled as tears rolled down her cheek.

“Silly girl. You’re only 9, no one would hire you. They’ll go to jail.” She said with a dry chuckle in an attempt to lighten the mood but Eunha wasn’t having any of it.

“I’ll fight them! Oppa! We can meet up with oppa! The three of us would survive!” Eunha chirped as wild ideas darted around her head. She was racking her brain for anything that could convince her sister to take her along or stay but it was in all in vain.

“I’m really sorry Eunbi… I’ll be back for you okay? I promise you.” She said as she Eunha’s soft hair and wiped the tears from her cheek. Eunha rushed forward to hug her sister and as soon as her head rested on the older girl’s shoulder, she began to bawl again.

“Unnie…” Eunha cried, voice cracking. She fisted the material of the girl’s jacket in her small hands, hoping that somehow it would be strong enough to finally hold the girl back but of course, it didn’t work.

“I love you, Eunbi. I love you so much. You are and always will be the cutest little sister I have.” The girl said and swallowed the thick lump in . “I love you, Jung Eunbi. Don’t ever forget that.” She said and forced a bitter smile. Eunha shook her head weakly as she looked into her sister’s red-rimmed and teary eyes. The older girl tore herself away from Eunha’s grasp and darted out of the room.

“NO!” Eunha screeched as she forced herself to stand up even though her legs felt like they had no strength. She stumbled out of the room just in time to see the back view of her sister disappearing through the front door.

“JUNG JI-IN!” Eunha screamed as she bolted up in bed. Her eyes were wide open as she scanned her surroundings in her disoriented state. Her eyes adjusted to the pitch-black room and she realized she was in her own room. Hot tears were unknowingly flowing down her face and dripping onto her limp hand and the covers. She could feel the cold sweat on her back and forehead as she sat there staring blankly at the foot of the bed.

“Eunha!” a voice half-shouted in panic as her bedroom door burst open. The lights were switched on and the sudden brightness temporarily blinded Eunha but the girl felt numb. Her senses felt dull. She could register a pair of arms wrapping around her shoulders and felt herself being pulled into a soft and comforting embrace. Her gaze shifted to the door and she saw several pyjama-clad figures gathered in the doorway, looking inside in with concern written all over their blurred faces. She closed her eyes and took in the scent of the older girl.

“Hey, it’s okay. It’s just a bad dream. I’m here. You’re going to be alright. I’m here…” Sojung whispered as she held the unresponsive girl in her embrace. She wiped Eunha’s tears away with the cuff of her sleeve and looked back at her members who were gathered by the door. They had the same look of confusion and concern on their faces even though they were half asleep. Sojung nodded slightly, signalling that they should go back and get some rest. Yerin understood the silent gesture and turned around, herding the girls back to their rooms.

“I’m sorry.” Eunha finally croaked and Sojung shook her head.

“Don’t be. It’s okay, everything’s fine.” She said in a reassuring tone.

I wish it was, Eunha thought bitterly.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

“Morning.” Yuna greeted the shorter girl who shuffled into the kitchen listlessly.

“Morning,” Eunha replied with a small smile and a slight nod. She grabbed a mug and some creamer from the fridge before shuffling back to the breakfast bar.

“How do you feel?” Yuna asked carefully as she filled the girl’s mug with coffee.

“Like ,” Eunha said and the younger girl pursed her lips. “But it’s alright. I’ll get over it. Sorry for waking all of you in the middle of the night and giving you guys a big scare.”

“Don’t worry about it. We’re just glad that you’re safe and that it wasn’t some burglar or assassin that broke in.” Yuna jested and managed to make the girl crack a small smile. “But if you don’t mind me asking… Who is Jung Ji-in?”

Eunha seemed to hesitate for a moment before replying, “My older sister.”

“I see… I always thought you were the only child since you never mentioned having any siblings.” Yuna said apologetically.

“It’s okay. I also have an older brother. The between us is pretty big. My sister is older than me by 9 years and my brother by 8. They moved out early to study though." Eunha said carefully. Yuna noted how the girl's gaze was shifty and narrowed her eyes at Eunha but nodded silently.

“I see. Sorry for asking, I hope I didn't pry too much or upset you," she said softly but Eunha shook her head as she took a sip of her coffee.

"It's alright. It's all in the past anyway," she said with a smile. Past.

“Morning.” Sojung greeted as she walked into the kitchen. She placed a gentle hand on Eunha’s shoulder and leaned in to kiss the girl’s temple, sliding her hand down the girl’s back as she walked off to get a bowl and spoon.

“Morning.” Eunha greeted with a slight smile.

“Feel better?” Sojung asked as she poured some cereal into the bowl.

“Just a little.”

“I shall leave you lovebirds and find my bird,” Yuna said and left, causing Eunha to giggle faintly at the girl’s quirky comment and exit. Sojung smiled when she saw that the girl laughed. She thought that it was the most priceless thing in the world and she would fight everyone to keep that smile on her face for as long as she could.

“I love you,” Sojung said out of the blue as she spooned some cereal and milk into .

“Huh?” Eunha blinked at the sudden words. “All of a sudden.” She chuckled.

“Yah, I said I love you.” Sojung pouted.

“And?”

“Say you love me too.”

“I love you too.” Eunha laughed at the older girl’s childish demand and Sojung grinned as she ate her cereal.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

“Target is moving, 6th floor,” Yerin said through the mic.

“Roger that. I’m locked on.” Eunha replied as she looked through the scope of the Dragunov SVDS. She moved the gun to find the target through her scope and as soon as she had the man in sight, she gulped. “That’s our guy?” She asked.

“Yes. He will take the lift to his office. Wait till the door is closed before taking him out in the lift.” Sojung confirmed and Eunha tensed up. “Got it?”

“Yeah... Yeah. Got it.” Eunha said as she watched the target through the scope. She had read the dossier yesterday and instantly felt the blood drain from her face. “Who sent this contract again?”

There was a moment of silence as if they were all waiting for someone who knew the answer to reply. Eventually, it was Yerin who spoke.

“If I’m not mistaken, it’s his business partner, our client, who found out that he was funding the corporation that’s mainly responsible for bringing in guns from overseas to sell in the black

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter